Where do I begin?

All things wiccan...
MFaraday
Level 1
Level 1

Where do I begin?

Post by MFaraday » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:40 am

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, and while browsing through topics and threads is exciting, I find that I don't really understand everything. I recently read A Witches' Bible and I found it extremely captivating learning about some of the history of Wicca, rules, laws and rituals etc, but my question is: Where do I begin practicing? Is there some tutorial "For Dummies?" :-D

A little bit of background about me:
I don't know anyone practicing personally, so here is the first step for me, I think.
I've always been interested in magic, ever since I was little, and I always felt it to be real.
I don't know if I have any power or abilities - so how can I tap into it? How do I figure out if I have it?
I've been meditating for a few years, I felt I got some glimpses into previous lives (2 of them actually) and also, some other weird things happened :-? (one time I felt I was someone else doing something really weird, and the next day I felt the need to check the news and apparently it was real and that person saved someone's life :-D ) or, years ago, it happened that I was really angry at someone and I suddenly felt a burst of hate towards that person, and I got a call few minutes later and that person was just mugged. Was this my doing?? :-?

So overall, where do I begin? Any tips are welcome flyaway:

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Where do I begin?

Post by Librarian » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:49 am

Welcome to the Library!

One of the places you can look is through online resources such as meetup.com to find local pagans to meet with.

I wish you the best of luck.
-----
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weygold
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gweygold
Home: http://www.weygold.com/

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: Where do I begin?

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:10 pm

I agree with Librarian. Check to see if there are local groups in your area. They can really help you with a lot of this.

I personally started working through Dedicant and it has helped me figure out where to start on my own path. Aside from that, I joined a local group and that helped me some with rituals.

As for your question about being responsible for someone being mugged, I would say your energy might have helped the situation along, but you should also remember that there is more going on than just your energy. There is the attacker and the victim involved as well. It is much more complex than just your energy. Think of it like trying to get kids to eat vegetables they don't like. No matter how much you try to get them to eat their veggies, it is ultimately up to that child to actually eat them.

I hope this helps a little.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown