A Taint in the Blood - SM Stirling

Love to read? Share your books, ideas, thoughts, etc.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

A Taint in the Blood - SM Stirling

Post by Kitsune » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Hey guys, SM Stirlings new urban fantasy will be out May 4th. Apparently creatures called Shadowspawn, the basis for vampire and werewolf legends, and now controlling the world, secret society style. Unfortunately, I don't know anything more, but I will let you guys know, once I've actually read the book!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: A Taint in the Blood - SM Stirling

Post by davisherm » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Once this hits my library, I'll be reading it too.

I read the first chapter online, but made myself stop so I could read it all in one go. Something I haven't been able to do with the High King.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: A Taint in the Blood - SM Stirling

Post by Kitsune » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:38 pm

I have deliberately not tried reading the High King chapters on line Davisherm... I would never have been able to stop and I would be pining for months until it came out. As is, I'm already looking at my books and thinking to myself, "Come on... if I start reading soon, I should just be finishing my 6th book when it comes out, right?!"

Normally, I read insanely fast, but I've been reading more slowly since I started writing in the evenings. You and I will have to compare notes on the new book!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews