Jihad Jamie and Christian Hypocrisy

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Jihad Jamie and Christian Hypocrisy

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm

I consider anyone who does not listen to reason a threat... That includes Pagans in my area who speak out to strongly against other religions as valid paths.

IMO, it's not the religion that we need to fear, but the mindset behind those radical parts that we need to squish in the bud.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Sat May 29, 2010 4:58 am

Ragnar wrote:I have long come to the conclusion, particularly here in Europe, that Heathens/Pagans are "fighting the wrong enemy".

MUSLIMS are the biggest problem. christians we can deal with. MOST of them are mature enough to realise that other religions DO exist, and, for most of them, they grudgingly accept we havbe a RIGHT to do so.

Muslims however, are still stuck in the "witch" burning times. THEY are OUR main threat today.
Well, we've gone at it a bit on FB over those articles, and you know my mindset that broad paintbrushes don't work for anybody.

Not all Muslims are "X" anymore than all Christians are "Y" or all Pagans "Z", but that is neither here nor there for the point above.

I still view Christians as a major threat to Pagans, and even moreso than Muslims. After all it wasn't Muslim Students that defaced the Pagan Circle at the Colorado Military Academy with a Moon and Star - it was the Christian Students with a Giant Cross.

Just because there is another threat, doesn't mean you forget about the first one, because they'll hit you while your back is turned. This is one of those cases where "the enemy of my enemy is NOT my friend".

But I view them as a higher threat because Christians are far more powerful and subtle in their manipulations. They moved from "witch-burning" to politics and laws. At every turn they try to enact "Moral Laws" which outlaw anything they disagree with. Same-sex Rights, Anti-Abortion and the list goes on about what God would want.

One of your FB links taked about a Governor meeting with Islam leaders about a 'list of demands', but how is that different than the Religious Rights demands for the same things.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 29, 2010 6:25 am

I still view Christians as a major threat to Pagans, and even moreso than Muslims. After all it wasn't Muslim Students that defaced the Pagan Circle at the Colorado Military Academy with a Moon and Star - it was the Christian Students with a Giant Cross.
It wasn't the christians that stone people to death for witchcraft. Not 500 or 600 years ago, TODAY!

I believe I posted the story here about three years ago, about a myn in Sudi, that was stoned to death for owning a skull ash tray, that the religious police claimed was proof that he was a "Devil worshiper". Women in the Middle East are still getting sent down for ten and twenty years for "witchcraft", because they are midwives.

Yes, of course, the christians DID that. But they are NOT the present and clear danger that the muslims are.

Compared to that, a bit of paint, or whatever they used to deface the circle, is rather laughable.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Mon May 31, 2010 1:17 pm

I think it is fair to say that both are an equal threat to other religions. While one converts and masses followers in vast numbers, they other has turned to politics and game playing in that arena. Neither should be discounted. You both live in different countries with different situations, so you both view one as more of a threat than the other, because that is what you are faced with daily.

Just my 2 cents worth.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Gotta jump into this thread. I had a Christian tell me that my polytheistic ways are ridicolous. So i pointed out that what he believes is a god who fathered himself then arranged to get tortured to death so that we could telepathically communicate with him and so be saved from a sin that began when a talking snake convinced a woman that she should eat an apple. And he called ME ridicolous?
I agree with Ragnar though. The quran specifically states that pagans should be killed. There are the "enlightened" clerics who say it only referred to the pagans who were killing moslems back in the day but that doesn't hold water. There are far too many of them around who are willing to take such things literally and do away with us. They can build a mosque here but what would happen to a Goddess Temple in a moslem country and what would happen to Ragnar and his folk at a Blot.
I have come to believe that tolerance is only reasonable when you are amongst the tolerant otherwise it's suicidal.
I can live happily with moslems, christians or anyone else. If they do not object to me I will not object to them.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:48 pm

daibanjo. Except, in 700+ years, a certain group have still not got beyond the Malleus Maleficarum stage of "enlightenment".

SOME people try and tell me, "Oh they are O.K if you just talk to and reason with them".

Yeah right. Like a midwife accused of child destruction by magic could talk to and reason with Torquemada or Matthew Hopkins. :-"