They met my 14 year old

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

They met my 14 year old

Post by daibanjo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:08 am

I have to share this;
A couple of weeks ago, during the school holidays, me and the wife were in the back garden when a couple of Jehovah's Witlesses came to the door. My 14 year old son answered and began telling them that his parents were busy. They were, as usual, a man and woman. Why the woman would say this to a young boy I have no idea but she said;
"Do you notice how everyone is depressed. do you think God is punishing people by making them depressed?"
My son, who I firmly believe has given his heart to Loki and every other god of mischief, put on a downcast face and said;
"Oh yes! How did you know?"
I caught the tail end of this as I was coming in the house and I asked "Who are you talking to?" he turned around with a wicked grin on his face and said "Friends of Jesus."
I groaned. Stepping in front of him I said that we weren't interested and as a family we didn't subscribe to christian beliefs. The woman said "But God loves you." I heard my son's voice from behind say "Now that's a one-way street."
They left about then and I was glad to see them go. I turned around and just couldn't help myself.
I gave him a big hug and said "I love you, you little bugger."
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: They met my 14 year old

Post by davisherm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Friends of Jesus indeed! Your boy has a great wit.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:00 am

Good to see a teenager holding their own!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Lol.
Sounds like the Mormons walking around out here, along with a few other Churches. :P They actually gave me a ride one day (I was walking home in the Albama heat, so I had removed my shirt, socks, and shoes) and after the elongated procedure I applauded them for their efforts, thanked them for the ride, and the last words I said to them was "Blessed Be."
And you could see the look of disappointment/confusion/etc coming from his face.

I got a pretty pamplet though!

Nice to see your kid hold his own, man.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 am

Ah, good lad!
The lady might have brought up depression because it runs rampant in teenagers.

Thanks for the story! :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG