Howdy

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy

Post by crackerjake » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Heya, a friend recommended this site to me, so I swung by, checked out some of your content, and decided to join your delightful forums. Now, lemme give you some info on me:

I've always been aware of a certain 'energy' in me, mostly in my abdominal area. I always associated this with being extremely hyper all the time, but I later learned that this was a chakra that I was feeling. I've also always had a knack for having people agree with me, or convince them to let me (or have them) do something. Now, when I was in Middle School, I started to see things happen before they did, like seeing a leaf blow across the road, then the same thing happen again. I also knew when people were about to touch me, which actually made me pretty jumpy for a while (I chilled out later, though). I've always known certain things, like where babies came from. I wasn't the least bit surprised when this little package of info was presented to me in 5th grade. I've always known that there were people of other colors and races (I was raised in a little rural town and went to a rural school, EVERYONE's white), and I've always known that there are people out there who can do things that are Weird (my little name for things concerning magick).
It wasn't until about, like I said, 8th grade that I started to have Dreams. I first related the events that would follow my Dreams as being pure coincidence, but as this began to happen over and over again, I had to reconsider the extent of coincidence. Then I would start to hear voices before I fell asleep. THAT'S what messed the line up for me. I began to fear for my sanity, as well as perhaps I was beginning to come under attack by Fallen (yes, I know the difference between demons and Fallen. Demons are just cranky.)
This continued for quite a while, with me keeping a tight lid on these events (padded white rooms don't exactly appeal to me), until I started to reach out to the online community, where I discovered Psionics. Things started to make sense (although the voices remained a mystery to me for a while), and I learned about precognition and that energy I felt within myself between my navel and ribcage. I began to practice energy working, and am still kinda in the basics. I've kinda put a bit of a hold on it to gather information and find out what I want to do (which is what has drawn me to magick).
Now, I started my little quest for answers last summer, and have so far gotten some answers, though most of my frustration comes from my own lack of focus and patience :p. I have to say the person who really got me into magick was my friend, who's a Wiccan/Christian mix something, I don't know, I quit trying to understand and just went with it :p. Anyways, it was awesome finally having someone to be able to talk to about these things besides some people who may or may not be collectively insane on the internet, I consider this discovery to be a pretty big deal. He also kinda introduced me to the occult, and by introduce, I mean dunked my head in the bucket of cold water that is the occult while I was asking him to :p. Yeah, some of these things were quite a shock to me when I learned them (and am still adjusting to some of them), but I'm getting there ;).
I've decided to save the best for last. Ready? Are you sure? This is going to be pretty weird, are you TOTALLY sure? Alright, I warned ya!

I'm Christian.
I toldja! Yep, I'm a Christian Occultist who's rebuilding his faith from the bones up. I was raised Protestant, but now consider myself a Free Christian. I have to say, while reading books, articles, etc., I've been pretty drawn to Druidism, and may take it up, but if I do, it's gonna be tough. I LOOOOOVE meat!
Anyways, you guys can probably expect me to ask some questions now and then, so my first ones are:

1) Do things like werewolves, vampires, fairies, etc., exist? My friend seems pretty confident that they do, and claims that he was turned into a vampire, although his definition of a vampire is much different from the typical blood-sucker. He also claims that I have some fairy in me (which I find kinda weird, but his description of fairies seem to be pretty on par with what me and my dad are like) This leads to my next question.

2) If they do exist, is it possible for them to, in a way, couple with a human? My friend described this coupling as not really sex, but more like a mingling and changing of spirit.

3) My friend (and a friend of his, who he is helping fix some things, not gonna go into detail here) says that naturals run in bloodlines, and that I'm of an Asiatic strand. What's up with this? When I asked, he mentioned the African and European and something about the Three River-Valleys (or something like that, I'm not sure). His friend also traced my Natural bloodline, which I found weird. How is this done, and is it even possible?

4) When me and my friend were playing chess, his friend was sitting there watching us, and as we got deeper into the game and more focused on strategy, she got really pissed at me. When I asker her later about this, it was explained to me that as I was focusing on the game, I was blocking other things out, and that while doing so, I was also shielding my mind without meaning to do so, and she thought I was thinking that my friend was trying to get into my head (apparently a big no-no without permission). Is this possible? You would think you'd have to concentrate and have to try to do that kind of stuff.

Basically, what I'm asking, is any of this stuff legit, or are they filling my head with buckets of horse ****? I've had to take everything on the net with a bucket load of salt, but I don't want to think of my friend as trying to lie to me. You guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable about things like this, so maybe you could cast some light on this situation.

Anyways, I'll be posting a list of some herbs and their uses so I can add my little bit to these forums.

PS: About the voices, they would only say my name, and it was a different voice each time. According to my friend, there are some people where I live who like to screw with people -.-

Crazy Healer Lady

Re: Howdy

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi there and welcome!

Well, first off, this is a family-friendly forum, so I edited out the "bad" word.

You'll get a different answer from everyone here but I'll answer from my experience:

1) Vampires? Not literally. Psychic vampires, absolutely. They suck energy, and can be quite destructive. Fae? Absolutely, and although they often are on a different realm (or different vibration) they can physically manifest, though it's rare. Werewolves? I'm not touching that one with a ten-foot pole :P Where is our beloved Ragnar? To be honest, I haven't come to a conclusion about werewolves, because I haven't studied them extensively nor had personal experience.

2) There are people who are very fae. Apparently I'm one of them. I know people who profess to be dragons and certainly, they have many dragon-ish qualities. Their spirit may take that of the animal/being they feel that they embody. It is important not to lose ones identity in this, though, i.e. delving so much into the dragon that they lose the human.

3) I have no idea. I can't trace my bloodline back further than a few generations on my dad's side, and no further than my mom on my mom's side due to adoptions in a time when records were not kept. I have, however, traced it through psychic means and although I cannot verify, I know that there were some wonderful shamankas in my family on my mom's side, as well as persecution.

4) It is totally possible to get into someone's head. It also completely within your control to block that. If someone is trying to get in your head, tell them to bugger off and up your shields. If someone is angry that you have your shields up, willingly or not, leave them. They have not developed the maturity or heart necessary with the development of such talents. It's wonderful to be among the like-minded, but #3 sends warning flags and #4 verifies you need to find your way out of the pack. It seems they like the drama and power more than the truth.

Hope that helps. The paranormal is nothing dark and scary. It CAN be, but it's not full of secret rites and sacrifice and back-stabbing unless you turn it into that.

Blessings to you!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crackerjake » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Oh, sorry about the language. My mouth gets foul when I relax.

About #3, I was asking about naturally shielding your mind

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:10 am

Hello Crackerjake. Here's my answers based on opinion rather than experience:

1) Do werewolves exist? You can read a post on the boards in the [Magick & Energy Usage] section in the post [HELP! Visualisation, psychic visions and astral projection], where werewolves and shapeshifters are discussed as a form of astral projection, it might be an interesting interpretation of the idea for you. I think that many things are possible in spirit; but do I think some people have a separate part of their DNA that literally physically transforms them on the full moon, call me a cynic but nah.

3) I'm not quite sure what you mean by tracing your bloodline, I know some scientists who analysed their genes as a project, and found out from their genetic routes what parts of the world their ancestors were from. You'll need a high tech lab though! You can't just say 'Mother and Father grew up here so I am this', there were big surprises in the project because you can't always trace back hundreds of years through family trees, or people lie in the records!

4) I imagine you can you naturally shield your mind. In the same way that there are certain people who can't help but express what they are thinking through their body language or facial expressions. When some people feel like they have to appear strong and withhold their emotions, that's a form of shielding if they are good at it.

Welcome to the boards!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cyberkinetic » Fri May 01, 2009 10:53 pm

I must say all is Legit. All things are possible, but then things can be turned into fluff. Wow I see we have some common interest in a lot. I am into Druidism as well, I love the Druids. Along with the whole Psionics stuff, I have been a Psion for the pass 3 to 4 years. What Psionic community have you came from? I believe in the otherkin people as well, I mean yeah there could be people who can fake themselves into being one and actually become one. That's if you get what I am saying :lol: I'm also a Christian but not the type who limits himself.....

Well Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. You will enjoy your stay, everyone is friendly, loving and kind here. I just joined not to long ago as well.
I am becoming more than what I thought I would ever become.

crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crackerjake » Sat May 02, 2009 5:51 am

I started out in the Psion Guild, what about you?

Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cyberkinetic » Sat May 02, 2009 8:49 am

crackerjake wrote:I started out in the Psion Guild, what about you?
Oh really? I have been there a couple time myself but Never really was active. There really cool people and I love it there. I visit here and there once in a while. I'm from a lot of psionic communities. But yes the main one which I came from was JediKarens psionic forum, if you have not visited there you would love it as well! So how are things going for you?

crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crackerjake » Sun May 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Uh, kinda slow. I can manipulate psi through my body, but have difficulty getting it to affect physical things, although I CAN inconsistently put a match out with some various levels of effort. Still trying to move small things and make basic constructs with my psi (mostly psiballs, or psiblobs more like it -.-)

Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cyberkinetic » Mon May 18, 2009 1:36 pm

crackerjake wrote:Uh, kinda slow. I can manipulate psi through my body, but have difficulty getting it to affect physical things, although I CAN inconsistently put a match out with some various levels of effort. Still trying to move small things and make basic constructs with my psi (mostly psiballs, or psiblobs more like it -.-)
Well of course if you keep up the good work and much practice you will get there indeed. I can spin the psi wheel and put out matches as well :D It took me awhile of course but I did it with much practice, you know what they say "you must walk before you can run" :D

Ysashi Yimura
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ysashi Yimura » Mon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I did it with much practice, you know what they say "you must walk before you can run"
I believe in this that you said. Some people start thinking that they will fly or sai "Avada Kedavra" and everything will happens to then. Man, i realy know what is it mean, and i know too that we need to have patience to learn and have perseverance in our search.
Like you said, Cybernetic!
:Luck:
"Success is not a question of chance, is a question of choice!"

See you space cowboy...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:24 am

welcome to the boards (though I am late, I apologise)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)