Hello, Friends!

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Friends!

Post by Moonchyld » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:38 am

Mushi Mushi! My name is Moonchyld and wilst doing research, came upon this nifty little site. I love all the insight here and the friendly comments and help.

So, yeah. If anyone would like to talk to me, I'm here almost everyday, I think I'm in a different time zone than the rest of you, though.....o'well, ya' gotta love the internet =3. Love you all!

~Moonchyld
You call me a witch like it's a bad thing. :3

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Hello, Friends!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:31 am

Hello and welcome! Tell us a bit about yourself :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:21 am

Well, I'm not exactly your normal person, but then again who is :D.

Anyways, I was born in the deep south and lived there for about 5 years, then I moved to Mississauga, Ontario for a year or two. Then when I was around 7 and a half I moved back down Mississippi ( weird huh? mississippi, mississauga!)

Well, I still live in Mississippi and go to school here and stuff of that nature. I really miss living in Canada though T.T I plan on moving back there one day, though.

Anyways, I like anime, drawing, typing, technology, Role-playing, and reading. I know. I'm a very strange child ;3

~Moonchyld

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:49 am

Welcome Moonchyld. Nothing strange about those interests! :-)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:54 am

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Strangely enough, those interests mirror my own close enough that it almost makes me want to search out my original post and see what I said. :-D

One thing of interest though, is how you introduced yourself. You said Mushi Mushi... Did you mean Moshi Moshi? I recently heard that the reason the Japanese use Moshi Moshi is that Kitsune can't pronounce Moshi Moshi correctly, so the they always knew if the voice on the other line belonged to a Fox trickster! Are you a Kitsune in disguise? :lol: :-D :lol:

What role playing games are you into? Seventh Sea, ShadowRun, D&D, Big Eyes Small Mouth?

What animes do you enjoy? And do you draw anime, or do you work with a different style?

Can I induct you into the trap that is NaNoWriMo? :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

It's great having people occasionally come on that I can chat with about this stuff!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Kitsune wrote:Big Eyes Small Mouth?
Oh! The madness! The Addiction! I now have more BESM books than current D&D books!

I am also the resident Game Master in my group of friends for BESM b/c apparently, I'm the only one out of the group that can tell a story, map out a maze, create interesting villains, give the players enough flexibility to have fun, and still make puzzles hard as heck!

Do you normally base the BESM campaigns on the plot of a favorite anime or do you make up your own stories? Within a specific anime's world? (I once ran a campaign that would have basically gone parallel to the story plot of Escaflowne, only across the world from Van's kingdom.) Or totally independent?

I'm curious...always willing to talk shop with BESM players/GM's.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sìle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:17 am

Hello Moonchyld from another new member. :-D

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Haha! I love the enthusiastic response to a murmer of anime :-D . What did I say, not strange at all. I think you'll find a fanatic forum member for each of your interests (I call 'reading').
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Kitsune wrote:One thing of interest though, is how you introduced yourself. You said Mushi Mushi... Did you mean Moshi Moshi?
Gah! #-o I knew I spelled something wrong, o'well. I'm only human.

Kitsune wrote:What role playing games are you into? Seventh Sea, ShadowRun, D&D, Big Eyes Small Mouth?
Well, i play a larp called S.O.L.A.R and I also play online on Talkcity, both are kinda like D&d..but different...so yeah
Kitsune wrote:What animes do you enjoy??
Bleach, naruto, oran high school host club, Full metal alchemist, etc.
I like WAY to many to name =3
Kitsune wrote:And do you draw anime, or do you work with a different style?
A little of both, I kinda have my own style really :D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Kystar wrote: Do you normally base the BESM campaigns on the plot of a favorite anime or do you make up your own stories? Within a specific anime's world? (I once ran a campaign that would have basically gone parallel to the story plot of Escaflowne, only across the world from Van's kingdom.) Or totally independent?

I'm curious...always willing to talk shop with BESM players/GM's.
Actually to be truthful, I've never even gotten to play a game of it... Not for lack of trying, but I'm the only one who would be willing to run such a game, and since it's really the sort of game I'd rather play then run... Well, I don't get to play. :-(

I do have the first book (Not the D20 stuff, I'm a lover of the original), and I've planned out a few games before, they just never really took on their full potential. I was definately planning a kickass magical girl campaign, before I realized that all my players were guys, and therefore wouldn't be interested. I was trying to change the campaign to a more "Ranma" or "Slayers" style game when the players dissolved into the ether. :-k ](*,) outtahere:

I would love to find a way to role play online with people, perhaps over a vid cam or messenger service sort of thing, but as always, there are difficulties with making plans over planetwide distances.

Personally, I'm currently GM'ing two games right now... A D&D evil campaign and a ShadowRun game. I want to play in a game, but the only person willing to run insists that they only run me... and since I play for the social interaction as much as the actual play, it's disappointing at best for me.

If you use Messenger, search out [email protected]. I'm almost always up for gaming, new book, spiritual, (ect, ect.) chatting!

MoonChyld, I haven't heard of those two games, I may have to search them out. Are they only online? I'm not much of an online player (re: at all! :-" ) but if they're tabletop I may have to search them out!

Oh, and don't worry about the spelling mistake... I just thought it was cute, especially since I just found out about the "Moshi Moshi Myth"! :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Kitsune wrote:MoonChyld, I haven't heard of those two games, I may have to search them out. Are they only online? I'm not much of an online player (re: at all! :-" ) but if they're tabletop I may have to search them out!
Talkcity is a website that had chat rooms for multiple reasons. I use the Forgotten Twilight room and roleplay.

s.o.l.a.r is the South Organaztion of Live Action Role-play. Yah gotta love LARPS XD

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Well, Kitsune, if you're ever going to be in the Pittsburgh, PA area, I'll slap together a one-session campaign for your enjoyment!

I actually just got the d20 books, haven't even read them yet. I play 1st Ed with tweaks...in that I will actually futz with dice if the stats are too high, and I've added weapon/armor HP.

I will GM BESM, but will play D&D...and I'll only play BESM when my one friend GM's...and I will NOT GM D&D.

Moonchyld: Ever hear of Dagorhir?

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Nope...

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Just curious b/c you mentioned the LARP thing...Dagorhir was my LARP, back in the day. Only Dagorhir is also a full-contact fighting game with foam weapons.