Merry Greet

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Level 1
Level 1

Merry Greet

Post by Top » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi .

i'm Top (or Chris if you please).

I'm new to wicca and have been studying for about a month now.
I'm from England but currently living is Southern California

I look forward to speaking with you and learning from your experiences along my path.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Merry Greet

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Hello and welcome to the family! Have a look around. We've a lot of topics that may answer some questions, or you can start a new thread if you can't find what you're looking for. We come from all realms of Paganism here, so you'll get a few different viewpoints.
-CHL
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Welcome!

We're always willing to pull up another chair by the fire for a friend.

Sit down, stay awhile and regale us with some of your tales... I, for one, will be looking forward to your posts!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Level 1
Level 1

Post by Top » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:16 am

Hello and welcome. We are looking forward to some posts from you!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Virgo31
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Virgo31 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 am

Hi. I haven't been to these boards for quite awhile. I belong to so may here on the internet that I tend to focus on the two that I go to most. I unofficially intiated myself, self-identifyied as Pagan at the Spring Equinox. I have tried to get a cohesive and lasting practice together, off and on for may months. There is so much info that it is mind boggling confusing and of course conflicted. I tend to get overwhelmed easily. Some of what I have read makes me anxious because I don't understand the how etc, etc. For me I like being shown things. I am very visual and being online can't do that, learn from others, then adapt. I am from New England. Out here I am alone as I don't feel like I can talk about my spiritual life because it is different from everyone else that I know (99% of the people I know are Catholic or some sort of Christian). Right now I am feeling a bit frustrated because I read about all the experiences others have had and I haven't felt any sort of connection to the Divine. I don't know their names. As far as pantheons I've researched Celtic and Norse, but then I get scared away because of all that goes into it(the tools, being respectful because they are from the reclaiming traditions) I am a solitary. Sooner or later, most likely later I'llbe moving somewhere that won't allow candles. The research that I have done has all been online. There isn't a whole lot at the local Barnes and Noble. I am actually waiting to buy any books till when I am out of my folks house as I don't want to be paranoid. I live at home and am 31 and have various disabilities and am working up to being more independent than I am now. I may buy some books online when I feel comfortable doing that. So at this point I am feeling lost on my path. Sorry this is so long. I hope I didn't get too personal. If anyone here wants to email me here are two of my addresses: [email protected] and [email protected] Thank you :-)

lacielonestar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lacielonestar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:19 am

Virgo,
Don't get discouraged! I live in TEXAS and I have found some local pagans on networking sites and there is also a "pagan night out" at a local bookstore. If I can find them in TEXAS, I'm sure you can find them in New England! Haha. I have only been practicing for a couple of years now, and I usually don't call Them anything but the Lord and Lady. There are no hard and fast rules (unless you are a member of a certain tradition or coven). Go at your own pace, read, and do what feels right. As for getting intimidated by all of the tools and such, just remember, they are TOOLs, you may not necessarily need them all of the time (but that is a decision for you to make).

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, just keep on truckin'!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:53 am

Welcome! Everyone starts out confused on their paths. You'll find your place soon enough. You'll learn the names and the rituals. It will all come to you in time!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Aw hun :hug: Some Pagans don't work with a pantheon, so remember that first off. Second, I feel spirituality is a lot more life-altering and beautiful if you let your soul guide you rather than set rules and rituals. Find what makes you happy. For me, it was and always has been nature. Therefore, the Divine expresses itself most clear through nature for me, although gods, goddesses, guides, angels, spirits, etc create a large part of my spirituality. However, I am never more "At One" than when going for a walk in the woods. You will find what is right for you :)

Be kind with yourself! Spirituality, LIFE is a beautiful path. Don't miss the scenery just because you're straining to look ahead! :)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Virgo31
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Virgo31 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:39 am

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom, I'll start enjoying the scenery more starting right now! :-D

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:47 pm

I see i'm a bit late posting here, but if you have a question, do not be afraid to ask. The people on this forum are generally very nice and will either answer your question directly or guide you to a reference that can answer your question. They don't bite... much :lol:

Welcome
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:19 am

Hello everyone,
I'd just like to introduce myself as a new member. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:13 am

Hi there and welcome! Don't forget to start a new thread in the Newbies section as an introduction :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:23 am

Well, yes, but I didn't really want to draw too much attention to lil ole me! :oops: But noted, thanks :-)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 pm

It's not so much drawing attention as much as letting us oldies know who you are... That way we can point out a thread one day and say, "See... That thread started by Max? I was there when that thread was new!" :lol: