Curious Experience

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Curious Experience

Post by Mahala » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:06 pm

I had a post written, and either it didn't post or it did and this means nothing, but anyways... (Never had that happen before.)

I was in history when we were watching a video of Hinduism and one of the ragas was playing in the background. As soon as the narration muted, I could hear it and it made me relax immediately and release my stress. I think I'm a bit amazed it took so short a time, usually soft inspirational music (with NO lyrics) has this effect, but hot as fast. I just wanted to share and see what others have experienced and may know about this. Perhaps meditating with some raga music playing might help me sleep less stressfully?

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Curious Experience

Post by Lotus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 pm

I experience the same with singing bowls.
If I am really stressed out I will pop in my "Touch of slience" singing bowl cd to help me sleep. They also (I can feel it) raise the vibrations of my room so that I feel protected. Bad things cannot be or deal with high vibrational energy.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:23 pm

Actually, I find a lot of Indian music, particularly the religious music, very relaxing and spiritually uplifting. The holy traditions are amazing, the yogis incredible, and the intensity of their energy is incredible. The first thing that came to mind, though, was past life. Perhaps you're being reminded of something, as well ;) or tapping into the universal flow.

Lotus, I love singing bowls. I have two right now, but I have a feeling a third one is coming to join them, because I always almost say three. This one will have a deep tone, so most likely will be quite large, and is hand-crafted. If you ever find one that is meant for you, you will be very happy. Water inside the bowls while they are played for an hour or so makes some beautiful and vibrantly strong holy water which can be sprinkled around the home or washed in.

What Singing Bowl CD do you have, if I may ask? If I can find mine and it's different, I can make a copy and send it to you, if you like :) or email them in ZIP files? (I'll have to check with the tech-savvy SO).
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:45 am

I listen to a lot of religious music on a regular baasis, I find the Muslim call to prayer very soothing, I like listening to tapes of singing in Hebrew and I still love a lot of the hymns I grew up singing in church.

The sacred is in music and we all connect to it in different ways.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:28 pm

I love Native American flute music, I hear it and feel like flying along with the birds and spirits of the air. On the other hand, regular radio listening is Country music. :-D
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: What Singing Bowl CD do you have, if I may ask? If I can find mine and it's different, I can make a copy and send it to you, if you like :) or email them in ZIP files? (I'll have to check with the tech-savvy SO).
I am not exactly tech savvy myself. :P
My two favorite singing bowl cds are:
Journey of Seven Bowls by Michael Perricone
Touch of Silence (Tibetan Singing Bowls) by Klause Wiese

If you'd like any of mine then I'll hook you up.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.