is it wrong to

All things wiccan...
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:49 pm

And as it has been stated, earlier in this thread, it can come in handy on Shamanic journeys... not necessary perhaps, but it would make things somewhat easier.

Drugs are definately not for me, but I believe that if they are used responsibly, then they are not a problem.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:51 am

Somber sky wrote:Yes becasue the rede says harm none that includes you drugs hurt your body and kill things in your body.

I love my body its my temple and I never do any thing like that

This reminds me of a discussion I had with a Rabbi, over a few bottles of EXCELLENT scotch.

He said about my tattoos, "I would love to get tattoos, but on the day I die, I must face my God as I was born".

"Aha??? So what about......?"

"Another Scotch?" said the Rabbi.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:19 am

"I would love to get tattoos, but on the day I die, I must face my God as I was born".

"Aha??? So what about......?"

"Another Scotch?" said the Rabbi.
:lol: :lol: This is going to make me giggle for the next few days. Thank you :D

Ah, tattoos. Body art is so fascinating, and very inspiring
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

lacielonestar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lacielonestar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:28 am

It's just not for me. Never have, never will.

I actually dropped out of a group here because almost everyone was smoking pot at the celebrations. I was under the impression that the group was to help ease tensions between pagans and the rest of the community (through things like volunteer work, etc.) but I feel like this would not put the best image forward to represent pagans (at least ME).

I was wondering, is there a generally recognized term for pagans and wiccans that DON'T do drugs?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:28 pm

LOL, Ragnar I had to read that twice toget it.

Did you know that according to Catholicism, the remnants from "the snip" can be the only true relic of Jesus? Interesting little fact.

I don't think there is a term any more than there is a erm for using or non-using members of other religions.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

raventears
Level 2
Level 2

Re: is it wrong to

Post by raventears » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:44 pm

ok i see now but wat about cutting and burning ones self is that bad :?: :!:
jack skellington is my husband

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:59 pm

I think it falls under the rede, "An ye harm none, do what ye will." Technically, you are harming yourself.

Personally, I don't believe anything is BAD or GOOD, so much as not complimentary, but detrimental to your path in spirituality and life. Self-harm leaves scars which are hard to explain to others, but it also tells that there is something to be healed in oneself. When we heal, we are grasping larger parts of ourselves, which is likened to becoming whole, and as we become more whole, we are more holy, which is to be close to the divine. We are there anyway, but don't grasp it as easily - on all levels - in sickness of mind and body.

If you are harming yourself, it doesn't mean there is something wrong with you, but that there is a part of you that needs to be healed.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Cutting and burning yourself is harmful to you... Thus against the wiccan rede.

Perhaps not against all aspects of paganism, but definately against most forms of Wicca.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest it. The amount of power you can get from doing these things to yourself is not worth the trouble and pain dealt with while healing, and doing it to another is always wrong.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:40 am

I agree with kitsune and CHL, cutting and burning are almost never good, and are usually a symptom of something else being wrong.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)