hola! from Spain's latest hairy lunch-out

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
mischief
Level 2
Level 2

hola! from Spain's latest hairy lunch-out

Post by mischief » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:33 am

Just a brief intro, I gather it's the done thing. I live in a log cabin (really a static mobile home I've covered in shiplap) 2000 feet up a mountain in rural Spain.

Doing the back-to-nature thing with solar panels and whatnot, as a change from doing the back-to-nature thing on the English canals, which is where I lived for the last 10 years on a boat. I aim to be hanging round the gardening forum a fair bit. I pick up the internet on my occasional visits to my mate's gaff in town for a shower (so not that much of a hermit, I guess!) and just looking for some like-minded online company while I'm down here.

Tend to be reticent about any particular path I follow, but any readers of The Prophet might guess a little about where I'm coming from, and any lovers of the Moon will know a lot more about where I'm going to!

All the best, see you around
"We shape the Gods as much as they shape us" - Mary Renault

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:45 am

Welcome in and looking forward to some posts!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

mischief
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mischief » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:48 am

Thank you, kind Willow. I see you're from Canada - no stranger to *real* log cabins, I'm guessing! Thank you for your welcome

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:26 pm

I LOVE YOU!

Really, can I come visit??? Almond trees, Spanish breeze, log cabin...

The log cabin in the boonies is my dream! Mind, it will be in the middle of the woods. Solar panels... Yes! We will have solar and water as well, as where I am, we can have weeks with no sunshine, heh..
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:41 pm

That certainly does sound Idylic! Not a stranger to the long cabins myself, though I too, would love to live in one. :-D

Wish I could personally help you more with herbal info... But I suck at keeping grass alive. :lol:

But I do love learning about it, and every little bit helps to get my thumbs that little bit of green to them. :-D

So Welcome from another Canadian!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

mischief
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mischief » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:48 am

CHL - welcome anytime! we can trade reiki tips, maybe? (Kinda like q-tips I guess, only recyclable and less invasive!!) Kitsune, you mean you can't keep the grass alive? But that's sacrilege! Or do I mean sacrament ;-)

Have a very soft spot for Canada, my favourite aunt lives there - a strict Catholic, but we have some fuuun debates. Also I remember it with great affection as being the place where I got my first half-decent cup of tea after 3 months travelling in the US.

big love from misch!ef x

ps - how do i post pix here? would love to share some sunsets...

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:01 am

There's a post somewhere in here about how to do it... I think you need to have them online with photobucket or some-such.

And yes, I'm simply that bad. I have two house plants that were doing brilliantly, alive and kicking for more than ten years, then they get to my house...

Well, one's already dead (I decided it needed more sunlight, and the 35C temps burned it), the other two plants took minor damage, but they are starting to do a bit better! At least they're still alive!

I'm not too bad at using herbal knowledge... I just have the bad training to have to start from already dried and picked plants. Since me and living ones seem to still have trouble seeing eye to eye. Maybe next time I see a dryad I'll ask her for a blessing? Heck at this point, it can't possibly make it worse,right? :roll: :lol:

Oh, and you do Reiki as well! Awesome!

Crazy got me into it as well, and I'm always up for talking 'shop' with friends. :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:29 am

Welcome aboard :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 am

Welcome to the Library my fellow log cabin lover!

Hail! And Well Met!

As you can see, we're a pretty open and friendly bunch and we love our newbies.

Pull up a chair by the fire and we'll have a good chat, or Uncle Ragnar might tell a story of a life on the seas.

Blessed Be!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

mischief
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mischief » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm really very touched by this friendly welcome! I've had a go at other forums (fora?), but I got the distinct impression that the job of a newbie was to be seen and not heard!

Kitsune, I find reiki works really well on plants, and also, um, <blush> the odd chat doesn't go amiss - or maybe I'm spending too much time on my own! Also plants respond to your genuine interest in their progress, so go with plants which you'll find useful - if you're a cook, go for cooking herbs, or if you're a reformed(ish!) smoker, Catnip is a mildly sophorific tobacco substitute... I should stop here, this is more for the gardening forum! Thanks for the tip on the images post, I should've looked first :oops:

Hi Davisherm! I've trawled a few of Ragnar's threads, he does hit the high C's a bit! More of a G Major man myself....

Thank you all for your bienvenidos! Hasta luego!

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:10 am

well, I'd say you've successfully won us over. :-D
(yes that includes me) ;)

I look forward to your insight, and, never actually met a hermit (or semi-hermit in your case), look forward to seeing your perspective on things.

Don't be afraid to talk! :-D :lol:

oh.... and greetings! :lol:
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Welcome indeed. It sounds as if your contributions will be very interesting.
Davisherm and Crazy Healer Lady helped me with photobucket and posting photos. Then I went nuts with it for a little while. You'll find most everyone is very helpful here.
Welcome and blessings.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Welcome, I'll crack open the Mead this time, and Leave Uncle Rag's teddy alone, or he'll poke your eye out :lol: Ermm, Now where did I put that mead? *Scratches Head* I think it's in here,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nope not there *Looks around in frustration* Ok who hid my Mead?

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Is hidden the same thing as "I saw Uncle Ragnar and Davisherm crawling out of storeroom together?" :-D :lol:

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:58 pm

ROFL ... Kitsune, I think it is ;) :lol:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~