Absolutely Disgusting

Love to read? Share your books, ideas, thoughts, etc.
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Absolutely Disgusting

Post by Mahala » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:53 am

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... antion&z=y

May I thank the Goddess that I am not near enough this man to throw something sharp at him!!
How the hell can we believe in something that is Christian in creation?
The stupid, ignorant butthole ought to have FULLY researched both sides before writing such a plainly bias and untrue book!
I wonder if it is fraud to write things like I think are in that book... untrue and unproved. He probably only knows about the fake 'Wiccans'....
GGGRRRR!!! It just makes me so mad. :evil:

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:39 am

And you can imagine the reaction if a Pagan wrote "The violence of Pope Peter; Why Pagan parents should shield their children from Roman Catholicism" There would be an outrage, yet these people are allowed to write misinformation about us and distribute it. HOWEVER, these people are idiots and we know the truth about what we believe. Obviously they don't know the truth. This is our faith, we've studied it, they haven't, so naturally we would know what we are talking about and they don't. Their lack of information will come back to bite them on the butt. It's the law of the universe.

I know it is outrageous to look upon these huge lies and want to rant and rave, but we have to show that we're better than they are. Show them that just because they react offensively, we are spiritually mature enough to ignore all the mud-slinging and to rise above it. This attitude is more likely to show others that you really do practice a valid, spiritual path that is non-harmful than if you blow up at others (even if they are offensive). I guess the key here is to beat the Christians at their own game...if you turn the other cheek when they are behaving abominably and show a Christ-like attitude they certainly don't have, you are showing them up for being the bad Christians they really are.

Take heart, these people can't destroy your faith unless you believe their lies.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:19 am

Hmm. I love the comments & reviews beneath the book.

Actually, there are a few books out there debunking Christianity and pointing out its violent side. I'll have to buzz my mom to get the names, but there was one she really enjoyed that was all about the corruption of the Vatican and how - oh gods I forget his name at this early hour... Was elected PRE-Pope Jean Paul II??? - was "disposed of" for the radical and anti-Vatican regime he was about to bring out, like birth control to be allowed, female priests...

Not to mention the DaVinci Code... which is so obviously Pro-Pagan ^__^

*note* I do NOT been the movie. The book, people! Always the book! ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:34 am

It just escapes me how the author's concience must feel, IF he knows he's lying. ;)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:58 am

I read on a theistic Satanism website that the author (the male author) has now died, but his wife is still alive. The Satanist who runs the site (who sounds like a lovely lady) praised the authors for their first run of books because they were well-balanced and actually informative about modern Satanism versus modern Christianity and debunked the 'Satanic Ritual Abuse' hysteria that was going on...
Diane Vera, Theistic Satanism wrote:Gretchen Passantino and her late husband Bob are among the very few evangelical Christian writers who really do seem to care about truthfulness regarding other religions. In the early 1990's, they took what was then a very courageous stand against the "Satanic Ritual Abuse" scare. They and their webmaster John Baskette wrote articles exposing some of the earliest alleged cases of SRA (Lauren Stratford and Rebecca Brown) as fraudulent. Some articles of theirs were published in the evangelical Christian magzine Cornerstone, whose staff writers Jon Trott and Mike Hertenstein debunked Mike Warnke's "ex-Satanist" claims in 1992.
...yet she refers to the "When the Devil Dares Your Kids" book as a blip in their writing where they displayed a lack of understanding and research not shown in their earlier work.
Diane Vera, Theistic Satanism wrote:However, their article When the Devil Dares: Teenagers and Satanism contains quite a few questionable claims of its own.
"When the Devil Dares" contains lots of generalizations about teenage Satanists. (Examples: "Most teenagers who practice satanism also abuse drugs and alcohol and are sexually promiscuous," and "satanism is an indicator of serious personal dysfunction.") I wonder where all these generalizations came from, and what they were based on.
I'll give the Passantinos the benefit of the doubt and assume that they used the best information that was easily available to them at that time.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:59 am

I still think we need a "Dangers of Christianity" book out there. Right now there is nothing on the market that shows that there are dangers in being a fanatic about Christianity... :-?

I don't want to bad mouth the religion, but if all you have out there is good publicity, people are going to believe you're all good. After all, there's nothing out there to the contrary, right?

Well, I say, Give 'em a well documented, and properly researched book, detailing the irregulairities and dangers of Christian Fanatism... Show the similarities between them and "dangerous" fanatic religious rebels in countries like Afganistan and such...

Not the dangers of Christianity, per say, just the dangers of Christian Fanaticism...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:47 pm

Hmm. Perhaps I was hasty, you know, thinking that common sense was, you know, COMMON.

It only takes one glance at Jerry Falwell's old shows to have the realization to thwack you in the head. But...
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 pm

I still think we need a "Dangers of Christianity" book out there. Right now there is nothing on the market that shows that there are dangers in being a fanatic about Christianity... Confused
Good idea. They should have a book for BOTH sides of all religions.
I hate how the Chrstian world is so hush-hush to street people about all their 'goings ons'. Won't anyone figure out that maybe because they put out so much positive representation, they're hiding something really, really scarring? Perhaps something that would earn the Christian churches more hatred than even us baby-chomping Pagans?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: Was elected PRE-Pope Jean Paul II???
Jean Paul I. In 1978.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:31 am

Gee, I'm really not scoring points, am I? Maybe my brain has just turned to mush. Or maybe I should stop posting at flipping 5 in the morning before work. Or get my head out of just a few kinds of books.
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:18 am

So many books out there like this.

The problem is most of the authors dno't think they are lying. They think we are lying to ourselves.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:21 am

Would it be possible to put your hand up and say it was not there? I think not.
Some of these people 'think' that they need to save all of us 'Poor damned souls'.
Sad, when one spends all of his spare time doing something dumb. :roll:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:50 am

Correction... We're either lying to ourselves or simply "haven't gotten inducted to a high enough level to really find out what this is all about yet", if I remember the book I borrowed from Grimwells brother a couple years back.

It was written by some christian radio host who spoke out against D&D, roleplaying, paganism as satanism and if you didn't like what he was saying then you just didn't know better. #-o

I don't think he was pleased when I handed him back his book and when asked said that the guy was off his rocker and that I hadn't seen such a poorly researched book before. He came back with the argument that this was a widely listened to and learned Christian. Then I handed him a small booklet of computer paper, refuting all of this guys work in this book. He glared at me, but thanked me later (after he researched my research I assume). He may be Christian and worry about me and Grimwell's soul, but at least he understands that unresearched drivle will not help anyones cause or belief... :evil:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews