Help would be greatly appreciated!

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
justme_n_you
Level 1
Level 1

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Post by justme_n_you » Wed May 23, 2007 5:51 am

Hi my name is Jeniffer and I am new to all of this. I have recently started dating a Pagan but I would like to know more about it. He has tried telling me what it is about and how it works but I need to read more about it. I have never been exposed to anything other than my Episcopal religion. I am very open to learning everything I can but I need a place to start. I have tried to search online but keep coming to dead ends! If anyone can point me in the direction I need to go it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!
Jeniffer

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed May 23, 2007 6:43 am

Welcome! Croeso!

You've come to the right place, Jeniffer! The Library is full of very good articles on different aspects of paganism, I'd also recommend www.witchvox.com, there are a lot of articles there too.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 23, 2007 9:34 am

I think your boyfriend is also a great place to start. ^__^

Mine is very Christian. We learned a lot about eachother, ourselves, and our religions in the last year. If there is one thing I have learned from personal experience and some time studying world religions in Uni, is that the same trends flow through most, if not all, religions, and I'm very sure that you will find that your beliefs and his are not at all very different.

You may just go about things a different way. ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 23, 2007 9:44 am

A couple other great resources, your library, but take stuff there with a grain of salt, you never know wh is writing.

Second, www.religioustolerance.org is a great site. You will find lots of well researched information there.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 23, 2007 11:26 am

I forgot about religioustolerance.org!

That site really was a lifesaver when my SO's mother flipped out about me being Pagan, not that she is overly religious. Check it out!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 24, 2007 6:57 am

And after you've looked through those great resources (or during, I suppose) If you have any specific questions, just ask us here, and we'll do our best to explain.

When asking about religions, I find specific questions work better at getting the answers you desire than "tell me everything you know about _____". :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Thu May 24, 2007 7:18 am

Welcome, So far the advice looks great for you, so i'll add something. read a book (like paganism/wicca for dummies or something), and another good sit is about.com

Happy hunting! :-D
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

justme_n_you
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justme_n_you » Thu May 24, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks so much I am going to read as much as I can this weekend and will be back next week with questions. I know I will probably have a lot so I want to thank everyone in advance for all the help!
Jen

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Thu May 24, 2007 3:41 pm

Welcome to the Library!

Everybody else has already given the same advice that I would have, but I figured I'd throw my two cents in anyway.

We're all fairly knowledgeable about our own paths and, to some extent, the paths that others are following, so feel free to ask any questions you have and we'll try to answer for you.

It's always good to see people from different faiths not just getting along, but having strong relationships. It reaffirms my faith in humanity. :)
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Fri May 25, 2007 6:54 pm

Indeed! We like to help. :-D
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes