Sun or Moon?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.

when are you more energetic?

daytime
4%
nightime
84%
other
12%

Total votes: 25

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Sun or Moon?

Post by underlilith » Tue May 08, 2007 7:06 am

So... I tend to find that i usually am sleepy in the sun (i tend to doze off and zone out, and sleep...) and I'm more energetic at night and in storms (i love lightning!!). Is this normal? Or are some other people like this too?
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue May 08, 2007 7:22 am

I love t storms, I actually can feel the storms come in, It's awesome, I'm trying to talk hubby into going outside and ermm do things in the storm but he won't just yet, He wants to get a privacy fence in first :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not a morning person at all, I prefer to stay awake all night and sleep all day, Doesn't mean I'm able to do it but I'm still a night owl.

I also notice when I meditate I've tried during the day and it just doesn';t work for me.

Anyway

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 am

night time and during thunder storms, thunder and raining are calming to me. The sun makes me tired, prolonged exposure to it, ie swimming or being outside for several hours makes me tired and exhausted. night is a much nice time, very calm and relaxed.

though meditating for me is hard in sun light i either need low light or not-sun light.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 08, 2007 8:03 am

Heh... Everyone has their "Power Hour" and its opposite. I get very VERY sleepy around 2pm, no matter if I've had a good sleep or not, and I get bursts of energy around 1am & 4am, which makes it VERY difficult to sleep if I happen to have to get up to go to the washroom.

The sun does always make me sleepy, a nice, warm cozy sleepy, like I'm getting a warm embrace. I think that is the nature of Grandfather Sun for many people. It is the stars that energize me. I look up at them, sparkling so... purely, and I get a lot of energy.

I am the same with storms.

Actually, last week, I sat outside my new home and watched as a thunderstorm lit up the afternoon sky in Abbotsford, and slowly, over the next hour, passed right over me. It was amazing! Lightning bolts every few seconds in plain view, and the clouds reaching tendrils down to Mother Earth. I felt as if I was watching something very sacred. It was so beautiful.

Perhaps that is one reason many of us have the same, urm, fantasy & tendency as Sagewolf 8-)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue May 08, 2007 9:43 am

hehehe Here is a thought I've had as well, All our ancestors did their Sabbots and celebrations at night, maybe it's a throw back from then, Daytime was for harvesting and other works, and night time was for energy work. And as our ancestors had massive amounts of energy to use up it's been turned to us as well.

I will one day make it happen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I promise you LOL, But I'll be nice and spare you the details.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue May 08, 2007 11:08 am

I have always been a night person. I've worked night shifts whenever I could and loved it. Of course, it's hard to be married and working a normal job on a schedule like that, so of late I've been a little out of sorts while I figure out my energies.

Thunderstorms...

Thunderstorms...

THUNDERSTORMS!!!

Always a good time to recharge the batteries. I LOVE thunderstorms. They're just so freaking great. I love the energy, I love the noise, I love the subtle smell that the world has while it sits under the blanket of a dark and brooding storm. I have the tingles just thinking about it.

THUNDERSTORMS!!!!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue May 08, 2007 11:44 am

I picked "other" because it seems that I have the most energy during the inbetween times like twilight and dawn.
As much as I like the night, I hate not having anything to do. Even though there are benefits to the day, its a bit too extreme.

I love thunderstorms and all the energy. I've used the energy many of times in ritual.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue May 08, 2007 5:08 pm

I'm nocturnal...by nature. My power, imagination, creativity and energy are most active at night. Of course, seeing that I have a Guide of an Owl, and a Spirit form of an Owl...I'd kind of be hard pressed to be a daylight person!

One of the reasons I originally went into the theatre was that it was a nocturnal kind of career...that and the little dark hidy holes in any given theatre are fun!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Desiderata20
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Desiderata20 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:22 pm

I would have to say that I am pretty nocturnal as well. I agree with everyone else that thunderstorms are so energizing and beautiful. But Tornadoes...Awww...they are truly amazing. I live in Oklahoma so they are prevalent to this area and talk about energizing...They are so powerful and magnificent. I should have followed my instincts and become a meteorologist lol.
_-Taylor-_

"Nothing strengthens the judgment & quickens the conscience like individual responsibility..."

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed May 09, 2007 1:12 am

I like the way the world is in the early morning, before most of the traffic, when all the shopkeepers are out front having a fag and the world smells of coffee and freshness.

But I do have the most energy at night. But you know, now I think about it, it may have more to do with moonrise than anything else.

Thunderstorms make me run around the house squeeing my brain out. I bounce, I grin, I giggle. Literally. Ever skulled a couple of energy drinks or one of those bottles of Candy Spray? (They don't sell Candy Spray over here, but we had some in France once and we got really wired. One of my mates took the top off and drank some and his brain stopped working temporarily. He got all paranoid and stuff. It was awesome.)

It's a shame we don't get more thunder storms here. I swear they avoid me on purpose. Last El Nino, we used to get all these hurricanes, one every summer or so. It was so awesome, we'd go down to the beach and play in the mad surf or lean into the wind, letting it hold us up. Good times. We haven't had one in years though.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Wed May 09, 2007 6:04 am

Thanks, I'm glad i'm not the only one who's nocturnal... and maybe when i get a girlfriend i might try what sagewolf is getting around to... ;)
Windwalker wrote:Ever skulled a couple of energy drinks or one of those bottles of Candy Spray? (They don't sell Candy Spray over here, but we had some in France once and we got really wired. One of my mates took the top off and drank some and his brain stopped working temporarily. He got all paranoid and stuff. It was awesome.)
LOTS! We had a drink called "cocaine - the legal alternative" back in the states for awhile, but the fda finaly took it off the shelves recently. It was the equivilant of 3 and a half red bulls. It was good though, i'm not easily affected by those things so i only got a 2 hour sugar rush.
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 09, 2007 6:41 am

Underlilith: 3 and a half red bulls???!!! With or without the bull hormones? O___O :lol: The kind with the hormones is banned up here in Canada, but the local store in my old town still sells it.

Ever watch a split personality hyper addicted-to-working-out-and-cleaning-the-wrong-way mean and evil person drink two of those Red Bulls???? Oh man... O_O Talk about tornados, Desiderata!!!! Oh my word...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 09, 2007 8:42 am

I get energized by laying on the earth, day or night... But the energy I get laying down in the sun is a more passive physical strength. The moon, laying on the earth or not, gets me energized spiritually. It invigorates me and brings me peace.

Thunderstorms are wonderful! I haven't gotten to have Sagewolf's fantasy yet... But one day when we're living somewhere with a yard, and not just a balcony with bars on it... Well then we'll see what trouble we can get into! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed May 09, 2007 9:05 am

I never drank 3 and a half red bulls but it sounds interesting. I don't think I could do it. Hubby has enough trouble keeping up with me as it is, (not sexually) and he is adult ADHD, and thats funny that he can't keep up with me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hubby and I are planning on buying a house to put up a privacy fence. I also want to get a hot tub...... That is so relaxing.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 am

Hmmm... Hot Tubs... =P~ =P~ =P~

Sorry, what were we talking about again? :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews