Greetings and all that Jazz

The first stop if you're just starting out or just don't know where to go.
Alyn
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings and all that Jazz

Post by Alyn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:24 pm

Greetings people, I'm Alyn (naturally, as it is my screen name). I also happen to be Jescissa's boyfriend.

OK, I'll be honest, I'm no Pagan, however, I am doing a project for my Geography degree on Indigenous Land Rights in British Columbia and I'm really struggling a bit to get going.

Jess tells me there's some people on here who are pretty up on the issue and I was hoping maybe you could point me in the direction of some accademic refferences?

Thank you everyone and Hello.

Alyn

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:35 pm

I can't help, but I can say hello. :-D Hi'der :hello2:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:44 pm

Sorry there, but I gotta agree with forgotten... I don't know about those issues in depth as I've been way too burried in corporate issues and laws lately, on top of all the IT items and development that are the norms for a CIO. I can say that I love B.C. and think it's one of the most beautifual areas of this continent though.

Also, bienvennue :)
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:34 am

Yay, you said hello!! Welcome to the board :-D You could have a look in the News & Politics section and see if there is an old thread on that subject, we seem to cover all kinds of things there :-D
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:18 am

aw another happy couple on the board ^__^

Welcome!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:22 am

Hello some more specific information on what you need would help

ASs well, just FYI, look at the North American GravesProtectiona nd repatiration acts (NAGPRA)

Also, it is a tricky subject, Prior to the goverment claiming that sacred land would be protected, there was not really any sacred Indian Land (It was all sacred).

Pick a specific people? Time frame or Region and I might be of more help.

Good luck
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Alyn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Alyn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:12 pm

Hello and thank you everyone.

Thankyou Willow. My field reserach will take place in Tofino on Vancouver island. I'm still in the very early stages of my research and just getting past the history of the Douglas Treaties and am looking for things which are more contemporary.

Thank you so much for your help so far and thankyou in advance for any help you may give me in the future.

:-)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Umm, there have been some studies done in that area by Marie Francoise Guedon but I don't know if they are in English.

I will keep thinking.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:21 am

Hi Willow :-D Alyn set off for Vancouver this morning and won't have access to the internet straightaway, so if you have any suggestions let me know and I'll get them to him through other means :-D

If you've got no ideas, it's not a problem, but thanks for lending a hand :-D
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men