GENERAL LITERATURE DISCUSSION. (Not just Pagan)

Love to read? Share your books, ideas, thoughts, etc.
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:08 am

Greenleaf wrote:Don't roll your eyes and sigh.
I finished HP and the Deathly Hallows on Sunday.
:lol: Me too, I finished it in four hours after getting it at midnight and was in work for 7 Saturday morning!

Speaking of Terry Pratchett, the new book will be out in the UK by September. It's called Making Money and it is set in the Ankh-Morpork Mint. It's the second of PTerry's books to be set around Moist von Lipwig (the first being Going Postal) and is looking good!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:58 am

Strangely it is out in German first this time.

You will enjoy it. I did. :-D

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:59 am

Jescissa wrote:Speaking of Terry Pratchett, the new book will be out in the UK by September. It's called Making Money and it is set in the Ankh-Morpork Mint. It's the second of PTerry's books to be set around Moist von Lipwig (the first being Going Postal) and is looking good!
Ooh, yes, I saw that on wikipedia a while ago. It's been a while since the last non-children's Discworld and I can't wait :-D
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:26 am

It seems to me that a few people have mentioned S.M Stirling lately, so I'm thinking about checking out his website and reading the first few chapters that he has.

Also, I just go the new Harry Potter book from my mom and am hoping to finish it soon. But I'm trying to finish the current book. It's called the Bard of Sorcery by Gerard Daniel Hourner. It's about a man who gets caught by a huge host traveling from another world. He's told of how the leader of the host can travel between worlds with an amulet and steals it. Then the adventure continues on with him learning more about the amulet and his past as he was once an orphan. Kind of interesting but also kind of dry at times.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Ragnar

Re: GENERAL LITERATURE DISCUSSION. (Not just Pagan)

Post by Ragnar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 am

A while back I asked if any one had read a series of books about some kids thhat got "caught" in a computer game, much like "Lawnmower man", and were going around as avatares. There were many side stories, such as two first world war soldiers that were trapped in a similar space.

I could not remember the titles or author.

I have FOUND them!!

I would reccopmend to you all;

Tad Williams "Otherland" series.

WIERD, not QUITE S.F, buit... well try them

They are about 700 pages lon. Five books.

Knowing you shower, some of you are BOUND to like them.

IF you have not already read them. :-? :lol: