Chakra Meditation

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Chakra Meditation

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:42 pm

All right
I got the urge to post this last night. For some strange reason my babbling, I feel, may help someone on this board, either now or in the future, and if not, it makes for interesting babble.
This is going to be long, so brace yourselves.

This is a chakra meditation that has really, really worked for me. As I mentioned elsewhere here I had terrible pains in my solar plexus. I now know this was a tear in my solar plexus that I had for a number of years. Why didn't I clue in faster :lol: Well, I did a journey and asked my Guides how to heal it. They said, "Fill it with light." So I did. Every night, and I did it with other dysfunctional chakras, and then all of the main ones, front and back.

I worked on filling it with light - but from the inside out. This did more harm than good, although it did really help to clear out a bunch of junk, because my problem was I was not metabolizing energy and that was why I had to eat something like bread to make it stop hurting. I was literally "eating myelf up," which became worse in stressful situations, so literally and metaphorically. Ever wonder where this old adage comes from?

So, I worked on visualizing a cone of white light from outside my body. This was wonderful, for about 2 weeks. One moring I woke up and I could not eat anything... I was hungry but my stomach felt so painfully full and really my entire body. It was really bad. Imagine being forced to eat until food stuffs your esophagus (actually happened to my ex by his abusive step-father when he was litte). This is what it seemed like. I was over-stuffed with energy.

So I do a breathing meditation now that I learned from Barbara Ann Brennan's book Hands of Light, but tweaked. It goes:

Breathe in by pulling the bottom of your stomach out, filling the bottom of your lungs, and breathe out by just relaxing. Do this for a few breaths or until you feel yourself shifting into an expanded state of consciousness, or a light meditative state.

See red by your root chakra. With every in breath, breathe in red through your root chakra, and breathe out through it, but pay attention to the colour as it appears in your mind's eye. Do this until the colour of the out breath is red.

Go to your sacral, back and front (one at a time) and do it again, with orange, etc etc etc until you get to the crown. If there are chakras that have major dysfunction, fill them with light, and really saturate it with this divine, healing light. Feel it fill every corner and "burn" away stagnant energy or blockages but healing you as it does so, sort of like peroxide, if that comparison pleases you and makes you feel good about this light. See it as a light bulb if that fits you, or an angel's breath... anything. You may fill it will the chakra's specified colour after, if it pleases you (i.e. yellow for solar plexus. I was not able to do this until a few weeks after)

At first I was doing this starting at my solar plexus and moving down to my root, up my back, and then down the front to my solar plexus again, and I generally start from whichever chakra is bothering me.

This is something best done every night, and it really helps you fall asleep. Make sure to have some protection around you.

All right, so this keeps evolving. It works for me, may not work for you, but it's here :P just in case.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:46 pm

This is really cool. I'm studying the chakras right now and have found that I have one in particular that is completely junked up. I want to clean it out, get my energy flowing in a healthy pattern again, but I havn't a clue how do so. The book I have says that the second Chakra color is orange and good crystals are amber and carnelian. But I don't know what to do with that information. I got on here tonight to post a question and happened to be led to this. This helps me immensly and gives me a starting point.

I have a lot of work to do on my second Chakra before I can move on to the others, but at least now I have something I can start with. Thank you for posting what has helped you. Did you find that it helped over a more long-term time frame - now that the original post is over six months old? And did you find that you needed to use crystals and/or physical color association?
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:26 pm

I am glad this actually helped someone!!

My chakra meditation evolves over time. Right now I bring up Earth Energy through my feet, and concentrate on my chakras as I go along. I see the root as red and spinning, repeating the phrase, "Clear, clean, healthy, and strong," and continue up until my crown.

I find that it really does help. I've been a little slack the last week. This nightly meditation, though, had erradicated any insomnia or troubles sleeping, gives me a great sleep, and keeps my energy strong and vibrant. I have not had a single intrusive energy or entity since I started. I feel healthy.

As for stones, they can really help by lending a bit of their energy to heal. All crystals are healers. A great way is to ask them if they would lend you any healing energy and place them under your pillow while you sleep. Another is to just place the stone on your chakra for a little while, or while you meditate. Crystals and all things have their own vibration (we are all energy, vibrating). If you hit a tuning fork and place it near a guitar, the strings on that guitar that are of the same tone start vibrating. It's the same here. If you place a crystal on a dysfunctional chakra with the vibration that you want, it will do the same as the tuning fork and guitar string.

Stones good for the sacral chakra: Orange stones of any sort, moonstone, orange carnelian, quartz, and any stones that feel right to you.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:58 am

=D> Loads of good stuff here but I think there needs to be a mentioning of closing down your chakras after you are done meditating [-o< ... grounding the energy. :-D

I have had problems with sleeping after not closing down properly leaving me de energized. :oops: I use a piece of music in my meditation and one day I was in a new age shop buying supplies... :roll: a place known as not so stable so I always throw up some protection. ;) WELL! The particular music I use for chakras happened to be playing while I was in there and wouldn't you know it... :oops: everything opened up whether I wanted it to or not! #-o Pretty wacky, I had to leave right away. :-D

:-) Also, I wanted to mention a few things I do in chakra meditations.

I always begin at the begining... red. If it feels muddled up I imagine it as a light covered in dust and then little by little I sweep away the dust, hex: clean the light, the swaying motion feels soothing to me, until it is bright and shiney before moving on to the next one. =D>

Another good one is bathing in comfortable temp water. >:D<Begin> By then you are open to recieveing the healing energies available in the universe. At least this has been my practice. :-D

I like this topic! =P~
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:24 am

I take for granted that people know to ground and take care of their astral selves #-o

However, I'm a busy busy person at night when I sleep ;) This sort of prepares me for my late night wanderings. No grounding. You get ungrounded when you sleep anyway. :lol:

When I do this in the day, I ground myself (and the energies in consequence), and place protection around me.

Thanks for bringing this up, MettaPax!
Crazy Healer Lady

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:32 am

Thanks to you both for the input. I had never thought about grounding my energies once I completed my meditation, but it makes sense. And I'm definitely going to get myself a crystal. Thank you so much for the details. This helps me out so very much.!
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:04 am

Darn IT! :evil:

*sniff*

The board ate part of my post. :-(

:roll: What I wanted to say was:

Another good one is bathing in comfortable temp water. Begin with the color red breathing in the color, having it fill you and as you exhale imagine your are blowing up a big balloon with all of the muck, as it is relased from you and floats up into the sky have the knowledge that your spiritual gaurdians are plucking the balloons and dealing with them properly. Then watch any left over muck go down the drain. Water is good like that. ;)

Also I find it best to wait for white light until the crown is reached... By then you are open to receiving the healing energies available in the universe. At least this has been my practice. :-D
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:10 pm

Well, I've made a chakra breakthrough. Or, at least a step in the right direction. I found a stone that I like, a carnelian, and I've meditated with it while visualizing. I even burned an orange candle one day with it and that, combined with the stone, really seemed to help. I've been noticing sharp pains coming from the areas I'm focusing on though, which is weird, but I figure it's just trying to heal after all these years.

So here's a question... I've read and read that people carry or wear whatever stone for the current chakra... has anyone ever made a Chakra pouch or satchel of each stone they've found for each Chakra? Would this help keep them open and clear or would it be too much and make them go wonky?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:43 pm

I don't think it would go wonky. You'd have to program each stone, though.

I like working on one or two chakras at a time, but there are many people who put seven stones - one for each chakra - into pouches that they wear. I did this for my medicine/protection pouch, but these were not the only stones and items. (It's big and bulky and heavy... lol)

Try pulling the psychic "junk" out of your chakra to help it along. Offer it up to the Divine or your Guides/Angels (or what you believe in spiritually) or even Mother Earth so the negative energy is turned into healing light, and then fill your chakra with light to fill in the "empty" spaces left from taking the junk out.

And congrats on the chakra breakthrough!!!
Crazy Healer Lady

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:26 am

=D> YAY YOU! =D>

Congrats! :-D

;) I have a lil bowl I keep on my alter that has different colored stones in it. Every morning after meditation/prayers I pick the one that calls out to me the most and put it in my pocket along with a lil kitty carved beady thing. :lol:

I, like CHL, also keep a medicine bag full of different stones for such purposes. :-D

I wanted to mention clearing the stones before you empower them for use because realy, :roll: you don't know who's touch it before you had.

Good luck and keep it up! =D>
-Yoda

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:42 pm

Oooooookay. Once again with the "huh?" factor. Program the stones? I assume you mean meditating with each of them, focusing on the Chakra that I want to associate it with. As for clearing the stones.... huh? Is this where you bury it in a bowl of salt for so many days or something?

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:27 pm

xAutumn_Leafx wrote:Oooooookay. Once again with the "huh?" factor. Program the stones? I assume you mean meditating with each of them, focusing on the Chakra that I want to associate it with. As for clearing the stones.... huh? Is this where you bury it in a bowl of salt for so many days or something?
Can I recomend some books?
These are meant to be "guidlines" and educational materials... your path is your own, take what you like and leave the rest.
okee dokee:

WICCA: A guide for solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham

Earth Mother Magic by Judika Illes

Good Magic by Marina Medic

Also, any sort of Witches Encyclopeia would be helpful for looking up things you may not know yet: terms, sabbets, pagan history, and people... let's not forget the people!

There are many ways to clear some thing, you can bury it in the earth, pass it through running water (river/ocean something nature oriented, I prefer), salt can do the trick too... With Earth and Salt I usually wait about 3 days but there is no real rule, you do what you believe, that's really all that matters. Belief is your reality... you make yor own reality.

Once it is clean, you give it a purpose. Some times I hold it in my projective hand (that's usually the hand you use most, I'm a righty) and imagine the color very very hard or place it in the colored cloth and put it on the alter for a few days... or sometimes I simply wisper to it very gently and say "Hello there friend, are you ready to help me? Good. Here's what I need you to do... blah blah blah... could you do this for me friend? Thank you" and then I kiss it. I know sounds a tad odd but these are how I connect with natural gagets.

Hope this lil rant helps. :-D
-Yoda

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:43 pm

Yes! It does help! I actually have Wicca by Cunningham, but haven't read it yet. :roll: But I will definitely look into the others. The Earth Mother Magic sounds really interesting. And I never even thought of an encyclopedia. #-o Thank you very much!

And the evil smilies are beginning to grow on me... :evil:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:44 pm

Okay something is going SCREWY HERE!!!

Original post:
MettaPax, you saved my butt again! >__<I>__< Can't believe I forgot that. THANKS METTAPAX!!!
And it's messing it up... ARG!!!
Last edited by Crazy Healer Lady on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy Healer Lady

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:45 pm

xAutumn_Leafx wrote:
And the evil smilies are beginning to grow on me... :evil:
=D> My job here is done!

:-D *flies away on a broomstick* :-D
-Yoda