Merry what ever.

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Merry what ever.

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:33 pm

I apologize. This song is PURE christian, but....just LOOK at the church in the back ground here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UGgguf9sA8

They may not have the best philosophy, but BY THE GODS, they have the best interior designers!! :lol:

Ragnar

Re: Merry what ever.

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:41 pm

More to that. After the Falklands war was over we stationed the place for many more years after. In fact, I believe therw is STILL a Regiment strength force there.

The "christmas" after, we had the Black watch and the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders play this on the pipes. One of the Officers of the Watch was an ex Choir master and sang it.

The BW sang the main back ground. And the Argyles countered in canon. (Where one starts a verse after the others) with the pipes playing the tune, and the drum corps giving it lally. ( :-) )

The last part was sung REALLY deep and loud. That echoed off the mountains around at Goose bay.

Ever THOUGHT that you would see a Military police Sergeant with tears in his eyes?

I have them now. THEN I could hardly show my face.

Happy memories....???? No not really. But close to the heart, YES!!!!

I will NEVER forget it.
For those that were no longer there;

Jimmy Griffith
Roy Grono
Jock Forest
Mick Mc Mahoan
Johnny Presott
John Moore
Taff Williams
Roy Williams (Ginger pig)
Ray Walker
And many more I do not know the names of.

Janus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Janus » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Ragnar wrote:They may not have the best philosophy, but BY THE GODS, they have the best interior designers!! :lol:
and architects too, at least some centuries ago, i never saw buildings so beautiful and impressive like some churches i've been in.
They had good taste, i think no one can deny that .

Merry what ever !

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I have to admit, I live in Canada and we have nothing like that in Calgary (at least that I've ever visited), but I know that some of the european ones are truly works of art. That one certainly was. I wouldn't mind next time hearing this guy sing Silent Night in German (it's original language, I believe)... especially with that sort of gorgeous architecture behind him!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Only one version by him, and it is from a mobile phone pirate, looks like any way. The picture and sound quality are attrocious. :-? :cry: