Wrist Problems Again

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Wrist Problems Again

Post by Kitsune » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:52 pm

I hate asking, but if you guys have any energy or well wishes just sitting around looking for a good home, I could use some.

A few days back my tendinitis started acting up again. Right now its gotten so bad that I'm in near constant pain, even when I'm not typing. Honestly, if it wasn't for my Dragon NaturallySpeaking, I wouldn't even be commenting until it healed.

I really hate asking, but I also really hate being in pain. :axe:

Ye old rock and a hard place, I guess.

Any help would be much appreciated?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Wrist Problems Again

Post by Kystar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:59 am

:GHug: :GHug: :GHug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: >:D< >:D< >:D<

Hugs and hope you feel better soon!

It's cool that you got Dragon to work for you...there's something about my pitch or intonation that makes any transcription program have a heart attack when I try to use it. I can't even use the voice command feature on my cell phone half the time!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:51 am

Try some tiger balm as well. Helps the pain & promotes circulation ;)
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Poor Kitsune :( I know it's past growing season, but do you have access to comfrey, even the dried stuff in stores (which is far less potent)? It makes a great compress that speeds cell regeneration. Boil it, and while the water is as hot as you can stand it, dip a cloth in and wrap around your wrist. Do that multiple times a day (you can re-use the water). If stinging nettle is still around, sting your wrist with it every day. Great anti-inflammatory.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:50 pm

I heard that I could do that with apple cider vinegar as well, Crazy. Told to do the same thing actually... I'm going to try and pick up some anti-inflammatories tomorrow and hopefully that will help as well.

I hadn't thought about Tiger Balm, but that's a really good idea I give it a try. Thanks for the good advice.

Kystar, my Dragon NaturallySpeaking has been working out reasonably well for me. And I'm definitely finding that the more I train with it the more it understands me. I think that I'm going to be trying to use it as much as possible, especially in the evenings, from now until November. After all my hand needs time to rest before it can start really healing and I don't know if I can take time off work right now, though I will if I have to.

Thanks guys. It means a lot to me.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:31 am

:hug:
Sending you what I can. Glad that Dragan is working out for you. I can't imagine how nuts I'd go if I couldn't at least jot down story notes.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake