Help for Hubby.

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Help for Hubby.

Post by Kystar » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:20 am

I've decided to try and put the powers of the PL Blessing List to work for my husband before either he or I end up doing something rash. :violent3:

Hubby is having a heck of a time at his job with a Jeckel and Hyde boss who is constantly berating him, refuses to talk to him or listen to him about his projects, assigns him menial grunt-work (like planting an "employee garden") despite the fact that Hubby's the ONLY IT guy on staff. He takes vendor's words over Hubby's, and treats him like a high school dropout instead of a professional with 20 some years experience.
But, then he'll basically flip a mental coin and be perfectly pleasant, joking and jovial...it's annoying and disturbing. :^o
It's actually bad enough that there are businesses in the area that won't do business with them b/c this guy's the CEO.

I'm about a millimeter away from cursing the man with the most painful thing I can dream up...and I don't usually think like that. backoff: Hubby's just ready to tell the man where to shove it...and with what...which would be BAD...more for Hubby's professional reputation than for his piece of mind...and you know, that whole "getting fired" thing would stink. :-#

What I'm asking for is positive energy towards my hubby (and a bit to me!) that focuses mainly on helping him find another job. doiknow:
His current position is about a half an inch from abusive, and he wants OUT. flyaway: (So bad that he brought his personal stuff home in a box yesterday.) My hope is that he finds a job that's either a lateral move or an up-step so that I can keep focusing on my craft shop and not have to go get a 9-5 job...and so that Hubby can do this: :finga: to his current boss.

Thanks! @};-- @};-- @};--
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Help for Hubby.

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:11 pm

I will light a candle for you and Hubby. I know what its like to have bosses that act like that. Nothing sucks quite as badly. You never know when the goddess is keeping you in a bad job while she flips stuff around and opens up positions, but hopefully she started a while ago and the spot is opening up now.

Keep us informed and help your Hubby to relax... It may seem like forever till he's gone, but it will be worth whatever wait is necessary!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:41 pm

I definitely understand crazy bosses. I'll be directing what I can to your guy and to you for peace of mind and a boost toward the job change.

Boss sounds like he's already reaping what he sows if local businesses won't deal with him and his staff hates working for him. No need to toe the Threefold line yourself with a curse. :)

Peace of mind and a calm center to you, my sister.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 am

Poor guy!!! Has he started sending his resume out yet? In the meantime, an anonymous complaint to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) is something to keep in mind, but by the sounds of it the boss is only abusive to your hubby?

Definitely sending positive energy to the situation as well as calm and serenity for both of you!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 am

Actually, Hubby isn't his only target...he does a variant of this behavior to almost every employee...except his "pet", as they call her, who can break every rule in the employee policy book and get away with it! Hubby just seems to be his favorite target.

A complaint to the BBB won't do anything official...and Hubby doesn't want to damage the BUSINESS'S rep b/c he doesn't want to hurt the other employees.
The problem is the Board of Directors, who would normally be responsible for problems between the CEO and the employees, well, they're either his buddies or too old to understand what's going on. There's no HR at all to take the complaints to...nothing. And the oversight group the business operates under (Financial institution) would need more than a he said/he said complaint...or multiple complaints...before they intercede.

Hubby's been pulling listings from sites, and I think he's going over his resume now. He spent the weekend at his Amateur Radio Club's Field Day...so he hasn't really started the rewrite process, I don't think. He needed the relaxation. (Though, it would have been nice had he TOLD me Field day was a whole weekend! GEEZE!) I'm sure he'll be doing that this week.

Thanks for the energy and thoughts, gang!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Speed to a new and amazing job, then!!! Get him to make a list of all of the attributes of his dream job, right down to the last detail - workload, pay, break room appliances, benefits, co-workers, etc. That sets things in motion energetically, and sends a lot of positive energy into the mix to counter the dwelling on such an awful situation.

Good luck!!! When I find my candles (everything is packed!) I will light one for him!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

antaine

Post by antaine » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks be to all passing well wishes and blessings my way. Though I would miss my coworkers terribly, I need to focus on myself for once and do something positive for my sanity and my wife's. :-D

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, we will keep you posted here if anything comes out of it.
:hug: to all!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Sending many blessings your way guys. There's nothing worse than an unhappy work environment! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~