Jihad Jamie and Christian Hypocrisy

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Jihad Jamie and Christian Hypocrisy

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 am

So I was watching a Fox News segment where they were talking to the Mother of Jihad Jamie, and I really had to shake my head.

For those who don't know this story - A woman from Denver, Colorado; with serious relationship issues; became a convert to radicalized via web sites and discussion boards while searching for her 4th or 5th husband. She was recently arrested in Ireland in connection to a plot to kill the Swedish cartoonist who drew the Prophet Muhammoud with the body of the dog. She has also inducted her young son into the thought processes.

The is actually the second woman to fall this way, the first - Jihad Jane - was a woman with similar troubles from Pennsylvannia. And it goes to show we can't just think that these people are just swarthy middle east men with scraggy beards. Both these women were Blonde haired Blue eyed American women. It also shows that people with social problems are being targeted over the net to become "homegrown" terrorists.

To continue with the story, the mother of Jihad Jamie was on to ask for help because her daughter disappeared after being released and took the grandchild with her. Also she wanted to correct some wrong reporting about the grandchild. It had been reported than the boy had been enrolled in a strict Muslim school and was being taught to hate Americans, hate Christians, build pipe bombs etc. None of this was true. The child had never been enrolled in any muslim school, nor was being taught any form of bomb making. The being taught hate was true, but it was being taught from ther mother not from any school.

A quote from the Grandmother was that the boy had said that she needed to become a Muslim right away because all Christians were going to be punished and that all Christians were going to burn in Hell for their faith.

Now here is where the Christian hypocrisy comes in. The reporter went on to say how wrong and terrible it was the boy was being taught that, and would say it to his grandmother. Many Christians I know say pretty much the same thing proves how barbaric Muslims are that they would teach children that.

Yet, no one I know even bats an eye that it is THE EXACT SAME LESSON that Christians teach their children about all other faiths. ](*,)
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Jihad Jamie and Christian Hypocrisy

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:36 am

Enough to make you grind your teeth to the roots, isn't it?

My husband recently attended a church service (oh how unfortunate, I missed it :badgrin: ). The pastor was talking about Jonah (the one who was swallowed up by the whale because he would not preach God's message to a village of people who were about to be wiped out by God's anger. The whale spat him out on the beach near the village, thousands of miles from his homeland). I wish Chris had recorded the service, because the pastor then went on to say that this is not how they are supposed to preach their message, that it's not be filled with fire and brimstone (anymore), but love and acceptance. Then he went on to describe his meeting with one of (the many) Fundies in the neighbouring town that drives around with hate-filled bible "verses" on his car. I didn't get the details, but in the words of my husband, "PWNED!"

How nice that a pastor bashed the Fundies. Maybe sense IS coming to the world!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm

I never could truly understand how Christianity was supposed to be the religion of love and peace. Sure Jesus talked about loving your fellow man as yourself and loving God, but the base message was still pretty simple and harsh - believe and follow me or be destroyed in hellfire.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 am

IMO, When the religion first appeared they needed a Deity who wouldn't be afraid of the others... Therefore, powerful, omniescient, and the Deity couldn't give mercy to anothers followers (it would show weakness on his part).

After they stopped needing the "tough love" version, they started preaching that God himself was friendlier, and if I remember properly, people didn't believe it.

However, they were able to create the story of the "Son", since even in their culture's it was often the case that the Father's son was the one who would modify his Father's position for the better. That version seems to have been working for them for the last two thousand years. That way they still have an angry B******d to deal harshly with critics and the loving "Son of a" to keep their hopes up. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Kitsune, that makes a lot of sense!!! Except in Baptist or other such versions where Jesus IS God incarnate. I was brought up with the, "Jesus is the SON" and have fun with hubby's belief of, "Jesus IS God."
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:24 am

Now that's interesting, Crazy...

I don't know how the "Is God" would work in my above stated theory. Perhaps if it's a newer off-shoot they already had seen the kindness of Jesus, so it wasn't as much of a stretch for them to accept? You understand the religion better that I do... or at least, you can ask Fahna when you're confused.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

It still confuses the heck out of me .. The differing views on "is the son of God" "IS God" concepts. But then, I used to get greatly confused by the way that some people refer to Mary as "mother of God". But reading what CHL said about the two concepts, at least now I can see where the statement about Mary comes from lol.
I've been watching the Tudors (re-watching seasons 1, 2 and 3 before they put 4 to air) ... And constantly hearing "Mary mother of God" being said was really starting to give me a headache, because I'm sitting there thinking "But ... Mary was the mother of Jesus. How can she be the mother of God as well?" lol
So thank you for clearing up my confusion for me CHL! lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:47 pm

white_harmony wrote:because I'm sitting there thinking "But ... Mary was the mother of Jesus. How can she be the mother of God as well?" lol
So thank you for clearing up my confusion for me CHL! lol
:-o I always wondered that too! Now I understand! Thank YOU for clearing that up. I didn't put two and two together for some reason.
Crazy Healer Lady

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 pm

It comes from the controversy that Christianity is supposed to still be montheistic and it's hard to do that when you throw in the Son of God as a Diety.

After 2000 years, they continue to do spiritual gymnastics to try to get around that one.

Holy Trinity - God, Jesus and Holy Spirit - three aspects of the same divine (extra dimensional) being
or
Jesus is the personification of the Word of God - In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God ... etc

With the whole separate Son of God issue just throws it all out of whack.

Of course the literal say that you really aren't supposed to worship Jesus directly but use him as a spiritual High Priest to be an intermediary between you and God because he never said to worship him but follow God.

Now the whole issue with Mary and the Saints is the reason I started away from Christianity in the first place - elevating them to essentially the same level and having special prayers to them and certain ceremonies made me realize that the Church has been buggering this faith up for millenia.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Dark Waters wrote:Now the whole issue with Mary and the Saints is the reason I started away from Christianity in the first place - elevating them to essentially the same level and having special prayers to them and certain ceremonies made me realize that the Church has been buggering this faith up for millenia.
Who can blame them? They destroyed one side of the coin. With chains on all things female, something had to break through. And let's face it. We women NEED a female god to pray to so that we don't succumb to *gasp* ENJOYING (((fornication ))) or get that awful urge to... to... enter men's conversations and get any ideas of our own.

Mother Mary is a survival tactic. What sane woman can curse all things female? Mary is a refuge for women. They need a safe place to go where the "act" of being female isn't condemnable.

You're right, though. Logically, you just can't go along with it. There are too many inconsistancies, flaws, lies.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:56 am

I think a lot of us who "strayed" from that path did because the questions that came from minds taught as children to "question and learn" aren't answered...and if they are answered, the answers are weak and easily contradicted.

And the "Because God says so" usually makes people push the questions more, rather than just accept.

They need to face it, the religion was strongest when used to control uneducated masses, but it doesn't stand up to the challenges of an educated group who were taught to question things and seek answers. Granted, a lot of people still believe, but I think that's more because they were taught that you don't question the church before the "scientific principle" was taught to them. Or, the concept that Religion and Science don't have anything to do with each other helps them cross the logic pits. Then again, there are those who want to do the least amount of thinking in life...so that explains that too.

I found comfort in my pagan path because it ENCOURAGES you to ask and seek, look for the answers yourself instead of being handed them in a book that's been edited over centuries. Every reference always says that they don't have all the answers. It's refreshing.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Although it is (to an extent) about the inconsistancies, let us remember that anything written by humans and not by gods will have inconsistancies to them... Christianity isn't the only one by any stretch.

For me, it was the questioning and getting answers that felt wrong. One of the big ones to this day is "Animals don't have souls... they live and die and don't have a salvation." There is something about that idea that makes me shiver in distaste at the least and rage longly and loudly at the most.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh, trust me, there were other things that made me wander away...but the major Alarm bell was the "You have to accept what we say entirely and without reservation or you're going to burn for all eternity." That one made my hackles go right up.

The animals not having souls thing...and a soul only having one go at life are others that make me say "Um, not for me."

Though the massive amounts of Hypocrisy always made me upset too.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:51 am

In the spirit of reason, I must oblige this quote:

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes, and is kicked out for what he knows.
-Mark Twain
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 26, 2010 4:24 am

I have long come to the conclusion, particularly here in Europe, that Heathens/Pagans are "fighting the wrong enemy".

MUSLIMS are the biggest problem. christians we can deal with. MOST of them are mature enough to realise that other religions DO exist, and, for most of them, they grudgingly accept we havbe a RIGHT to do so.

Muslims however, are still stuck in the "witch" burning times. THEY are OUR main threat today.