How Did You Spend Imbolc?

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: How Did You Spend Imbolc?

Post by Rowan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 am

I wish I could say I did something as inspiring as you did, CHL, but alas I did not. :cry: I'm not as good as everyone else here is. I'm waiting to be booted from the pagan club.
I have lost my way.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:49 am

I suffered through a sinus headache, actually. One that hasn't gone away yet. This time of year really tries to see how high my pain threshold really is.

Other than that, I was working a touch on something for my new craft venture...a fairy door...so it wasn't a total loss.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rowan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a fairy door?
I have lost my way.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:15 pm

I wanted to go outside and sit in my sacred circle on the snow and meditate by looking at the moon.

What I ended up doing was lighting a candle and writing, blessing Brigid the whole time. :lol:

Don't know it that's anymore holy, but it was much more productive... and I did meditate on the moon (hiding behind clouds) from my room before I went to bed.

Brigid happened to bless me with inspiration earlier this week, I was ecstatic!

Speaking of Inspiration... Crazy, you are not allowed to work on the next twilight movie. I went to watch it in the cheap theater (I caught glimpses of you! And the Car), but movie was worse/better than the book. I don't know if I can stand to watch another one! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Like CHL I did alot of cleaning. My home feels fresher and definitely more alive! lol. I mostly spent the day going through each room in the house, sorting through items, tidying up where necessary (we still have so much scattered throughout the house ... Getting the carpets done had seemed like a good idea at the time #-o ), and then I went through and did a big cleanse. Felt fantastic afterwards. I don't usually celebrate Lughnasadh (being a southern hemisphere dweller lol) as such, but on each of the days that are ear marked as a pagan holiday, I always try to do something that feels positive, even if its not ritual based.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Rowan wrote:I wish I could say I did something as inspiring as you did, CHL, but alas I did not. :cry: I'm not as good as everyone else here is. I'm waiting to be booted from the pagan club.
It does not matter if you did something, or did not for Imbolc. And it has nothing to do with being as good as you perceive others to be. It's about learning, and about what is comfortable for you. My Lughnasadh was hardly what a die-hard pagan would consider to be a pagan celebration of the day, but for me, it was right. All you have to do is remember to do what feels right for you - and if you can't think of something that you could be doing for days like Imbolc, then set aside an hour for meditation. That in itself is doing something that will inspire you. Who knows what you might pick up in one of those meditations :-D

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rowan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:57 pm

white_harmony wrote:
Rowan wrote:I wish I could say I did something as inspiring as you did, CHL, but alas I did not. :cry: I'm not as good as everyone else here is. I'm waiting to be booted from the pagan club.
It does not matter if you did something, or did not for Imbolc. And it has nothing to do with being as good as you perceive others to be. It's about learning, and about what is comfortable for you. My Lughnasadh was hardly what a die-hard pagan would consider to be a pagan celebration of the day, but for me, it was right. All you have to do is remember to do what feels right for you - and if you can't think of something that you could be doing for days like Imbolc, then set aside an hour for meditation. That in itself is doing something that will inspire you. Who knows what you might pick up in one of those meditations :-D
Yes, but I used to be good at it, then I crashed into a brick wall and everything's just sort of in pieces still and I feel guilty every Sabat.
I have lost my way.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Rowan wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what is a fairy door?
An object d'art, actually.

A fairy door is a doll-house sized door that is placed on the foot board of a room or at the base of a regular door. The "story" to them is that they are a portal to allow fairies to enter. Most places say they don't open because of the magic involved in fairy-invitations.

In truth, they're usually cast resin, which makes them difficult to make functional. They can be designed to match the existing doors to the house, or to look like hobbit doors or castle doors.

My doors will be made from wood with a minimal of power tools used, and will be able to be opened. When opened, they will display a Fairy Path inside. In fact, to simplify, I will simply show off my first Fairy Door. Forgive the quality of the image, my camera doesn't care to zoom down to anything smaller than a person, apparently.

This was done in a rustic "barn door" design, with leather hinges. It has a "Pin" door latch, which, in truth, can be opened from the "inside" as it is a loose fit. The size on this door is roughly 4" wide and 6" tall. When I get my wood shop done, I will have more complicated doors available. Unfortunately, the detail involved in molding requires power tools. I'm even planning a door with a stain-glass window!

-Edited for detail.
Last edited by Kystar on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:38 pm

WOW, Kystar, those are gorgeous!!!

Kitsune, I don't think the chances of me being in the new one are very good lol

Rowan, don't feel guilty. Everyone does their own thing :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Well, that's just one door. But thank you, CHL, for the positive.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:47 pm

:-o So cute! I love it Kystar! :-D

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:18 pm

We have a house full of sick folk this year. Tis the season.

I got up early and did all the prep for feeding the dogs, made breakfast for my poor, sick wife and mother-in-law, got my daughter up and got her breakfast going, and provided breakfast in bed for the sick ladies of the house. Cleaned the house, ran the dogs, and once my wife was up and running and feeling better, went into work.

Kystar your door is fantastic!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:32 pm

Sorry to hear how everyone's sick, Davish.

Thanks for the positive on the door, though!

Good luck. Hope everyone gets better soon.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Your door is fantastic. I definately think that's awesome! Let me know when you get an Etsy site up. I'd pay to have a few of those around the house (although Grimwell might argue... No Spirits allowed in the house is the rule, after all :lol: ).
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 am

Kitsune wrote:(although Grimwell might argue... No Spirits allowed in the house is the rule, after all ).
What? Not even Fae?

When I first started up my healing room at my first house, the Fae were very welcome and came whether I liked it or not. When I packed up (tearfully) and closed the last box to move, it was like they all "jumped in." These boxes were the first to be unpacked at my place on Grewal (the one you saw, Kitsune), and they all jumped out. Now that I am where I am and I don't have a healing "room" so much as a healing "nook," they're all about the house and are very involved in daily life. They add a new level to the home, and even though I've got wards and protection all around including a few powerful helpers, I can't help but feel they help keep the place sacred and protected.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG