My good news

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Max
Level 11
Level 11

My good news

Post by Max » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 am

I thought I would share some good news with you all. Last year was a difficult year, which doesn't quite feel over but I've had a burst of good things happen recently and I feel very positive! Firstly, I have recently passed a course I took last year. I have a new job working for a charity. Before I start my new job I am going to tour Europe for a few weeks as a treat to myself! So I might be gone for a little while but you will all be in my thoughts! Thank you for all your support last year. And just remember, when things seem bleak, there is always something good hiding around the corner to surprise you, just keep smiling. I will let you know how my holiday goes :hug:
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: My good news

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:31 am

Congratulations!!!! :hug: =D> =D> =D> I hope you have a fantastic time!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:47 pm

It's always a pleasure to hear good news!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 am

Where are you going in Europe? Do you have a specific route planned or are you winging it?
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 am

Thanks CHL and Kitsune :-) . I'm mostly winging it, but I have the first few days booked and planned. I want to visit the major romantic cities so Italy and France are first on my list. The vague plan is to visit beautiful buildings, monuments and art galleries. I'm going to tour by train so I'll have lots of reading time too. I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm quite scared to be going alone, but what an adventure! :-D

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:42 am

No kidding! Sounds like a great time.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Remember to take your camera and writing equipment! Sometimes the best ideas come from travelling in places where we are away from everything we know.

I hope you'll stop by the Writing Retreat when you get back with all of your new clear ideas! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by Rowan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 am

Hi Max... I know by now you are gone, but I just wanted to say that I'm used to traveling alone and quite like it. The only downside I see is that 99% of the photos from my holidays are of where I've gone, not of me there. :-? I look forward to hearing of your adventures.

I will try to take your other words to heart as I've been wandering this dark tunnel for quite some time.
I have lost my way.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 am

Have a great time!!! I have never been to Europe and I can`t wait to go someday!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Librarian

Post by Librarian » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:40 am

Woo hoo! Which area are you going to visit? hex:
-----
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weygold
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gweygold
Home: http://www.weygold.com/

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 am

Oh my goodness I'm back! I'm at the library because I have moved country and don't have my own place yet never mind internet (thank goodness for the kindness of my best friend and her spare room).

I don't have extended time to tell you about my travels but I had an amazing time. Any experience good or not so good was all part of the Grand Adventure. I visited France, Spain and Italy and made some lovely new friends. The library is kicking me out, so until next time: bye! I hope everyone has had a great few weeks :hug:

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Welcome back! Glad you had a lovely trip!! Can't wait to see photos (once you has internets again hehe) :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Welcome home!! :hug: Yes, yes!!! You must tell us all of your travels!! It's required! :lol: I'm sure you will when you get the time, but just so you know, I'm excited to hear about it all. :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks for the cheery welcome backs. White Harmony - I didn't take a camera! I had this romantic idea that I would take a journal and record my thoughts through writing, poetry and sketching. I'm not very good at drawing but I made a few sketches. I found that the more amazing something was, I forgot to sketch or write about it because I was in awe! And my journal turned out to be mainly about public transport, food, or contemplating affairs of the heart :-? :oops: I did write a bit of poetry (Kitsune's face lights up?). It wasn't a beautiful document, but it's an amusing authentic one. I'm looking forward to reading it and perhaps I'll write a little piece on my memories of the time I was away. It's good to be back :-)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Kitsune's face lights up whenever you write! Even if it's just Journal notings about, what did you call it? Affairs of the Heart? But, even more so, you make her happy when you write fiction, whether it's a novel, short story, poetry, lyrics. And drawing is nearly as good!

Anything you'll be putting up at the writers retreat? :-D :-"

Or, perhaps, on here? :-D