Now THAT is one CONFUSED lass!

All things wiccan...
Ragnar

Now THAT is one CONFUSED lass!

Post by Ragnar » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 am

Not often I am seen on this thread. :confused2:

But I could NOT resist this one. Read the header. It is not all readable, due to the back ground, BUT "A proud Atheist AND a Wiccan?????

http://solsticewitch13.blogspot.com/

Is this lass SERIOUSLY confused or what? #-o #-o

I ask myself if the "13" perhaps refers to her age, either physically, mentally, or both.

Or perhaps what she is smoking??? :badgrin:

(ask a local biker what the "13" patch means!! :lol: )

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Now THAT is one CONFUSED lass!

Post by Hytegia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Confused or not - she could just be a troll. Or a rebel. But her work is good, from the looks of it.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:35 pm

NO chance. If she does not even know what an atheist is, or does she not know what a Wiccan is? ONE of the two.

THAT invalidates EVERYTHING she sais.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:48 pm

She could be an Atheist Witch.
:]
The power of the Universe being concocted down to a natural occult science would validate that. Rationalization of the occult as simply another energy of a naturally-occouring universe could make it work in both ways - any God not being any part f it.
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:49 pm

While she could mean that she is an athiest Magic or energy worker, the fact that she's using the term "Wiccan" does denote a special type of ignorance.

And as a smaller point, the grammar is so bad it hurts. This girl has no idea how to use comma's exclamation marks, or ever periods properly.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:14 am

No more confused than the people I saw on Fox News who were from the Freedom From Religion Committee. They were taking flak from putting up atheist signs during the holidays - except one of the signs stated "Heathen's Greetings" (playing on Season's Greetings) completely ignorantthatthe "People of the Heath" were not Atheists in any form but had a different type of spirituality.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:58 am

As I have said on P.L before many times. It is always seems to be the "know nothing idiots" who have been "Heathens", "Pagans", "Wiccans", or whatever for ten minutes, that the press pick up to interview.

You put foreward any kind of reasonable discussion/argument, and the press do not want to know. Dance around in the snow, totaly naked and drunk to the eyeballs, they are all over you like a measals rash.

THEN they turn around and try and tell the world "how undiscriminating we are!!".

Aye. ANY one can appear to be "undiscriminating" when they show everything from a Russian orthodox priest, to a 12th Knight of the temple of the stick insect (with artfully placed scars), and their cat. What is not apprieciated by the public, is that their "targets" are carefully chosen so as to "prove their (the press) point of view.

Lets see what would happen when the membership of P.L were interviewed (WITHOUT press self induced cencorship!).

I wonder, and I DREAM of the day!!!! :badgrin:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:54 pm

No... I know that even a few of us here would come across as weird. #-o

"So, you choose to write a novel in November every year, for no better reason than fun?"

"Yep"

"And this is part of your spirituality?"

"Well, it is something I do, that works as a vision quest, to help me find myself every year."

"And do you dance around naked for the glory of your 'Goddess'?"

"Yes, but only when no one's at home... or everyone's getting naked and dancing."

"... and there you have it folks, the girl dances around naked and partakes in masochistic tendencies due to her whacked religion!"

"But that's not what I... **Sigh** Never mind, this part won't make it on television anyways..."

:lol: #-o
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:40 am

We could do with a "Thanks" or "Interesting/usefull post" button here. ;)

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 am

Ragnar -
Those know nothings" could have simply been quote-mined the hell out of. It's easy to make someone sound like a total moron. People do it to Richard Dawkins and other educated minds all the time.

The entire world is subject to Rules 12 and 13-
12) Anything you say CAN and WILL be used against you.
13) Anything you say CAn and WILL be turned into something else. - fixed

:/
Mediaw***ing makes Hytegia cry. :-(
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Thank you Ragnar... I believe that's what the "bump" system is used for on other sites, is it not? :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:57 am

Hytegia wrote:Ragnar -
Those know nothings" could have simply been quote-mined the hell out of. It's easy to make someone sound like a total moron. People do it to Richard Dawkins and other educated minds all the time.

The entire world is subject to Rules 12 and 13-
12) Anything you say CAN and WILL be used against you.
13) Anything you say CAn and WILL be turned into something else. - fixed

:/
Mediaw***ing makes Hytegia cry. :-(
Hold on one damn minute here.

My family and I have probably more experience with the "Press" and "misquotes" than any other member on this site, and POSSIBLY any one. There is one of the Aunties that was drowned as a witch in the 1600s. (The fact that on that occassion "they" were actualy correct in that she WAS a shaman, is neither here nor there).

WE have been doing this since prior to my Great great Grandmother. In fact the family line is mentioned in Njalls saga, as "priests", and that was written down in the 1200s, from mouth to mouth passing on of family lines and historys WAY back to THEIR great great relatives.

My FULL (as possible) family history is, I hope, still in the archives here, somewhere.

And I will tell you one main truth about the Press. When they seek "fluffy bunny pagans" they FIND them. And THEY are the ones they interview. We, my family, have had many a "discussion" with the "fluffy bunnys" after the T.V appearence, and UNFOURTUNATELY, the press do NOT have to do that much "misquoting". They pick their targets well.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:38 am

They don't want someone that goes against their centuries-old propaganda (IE - church doctrine) to appear credible.

For many, it might even be subconscious, the choosing of someone who would appear the way they think a "Hippy pagan" should appear/speak. A stereotype match.

And, of course, you have those that feel our paths aren't valid and they choose those who will emphasize that.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 am

Ugh, Richard Dawkins's writings annoy me. I find his arguments so shallow and biased. But that's beside the point isn't it. Sorry H, I meandered.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Max wrote:Ugh, Richard Dawkins's writings annoy me. I find his arguments so shallow and biased. But that's beside the point isn't it. Sorry H, I meandered.

Well, as it IS "my" thread, I declare it to be "on topic" we are, after all discussing atheism and Wicca. (Or Heathen Pagan in general, but as she saiod she is Wiccan, then it fits better here.), and what better example of "Atheirsm" IS there besides Dawkins? ;) :-D