Magical Ink Pen

All things wiccan...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Magical Ink Pen

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 pm

I'm absolutely covered in red ink. My shirt is splotched with it, and I'm not sure my fingers will ever return to their normal colour.

But I have a magical pen :P

I was trying to write in my beautiful BOS using my old goose quill pen and dragon's blood ink (the latter of which was purchased). The paper in my BOS is a fine home-made quality type that, unfortunately, was soaking up the ink faster than my quill could write it. Consequently, I ended up with splotches instead of words.

Determined, I took a few of my gel ink pens (I have many of them) and decided on a Uniball, something that has a large ink reservoir and is easy to disassemble with pliers. Into a container the black ink goes, and I washed it out with water.

It took some practice, but I can finally tell you the secret to filling an ink pen with your favourite magical ink. Use a long, thin stick!! (I used a sliver of an incense stick, about 5" long, .7mm diametre) to guide the ink down. Otherwise, you'll end up like me: Red, smelling of dragon's blood, and wondering how exactly you'll explain your current state to your husband. (Thankfully, he's used to it. After painting my drum with empowered paint, I came into the bedroom (where he was napping) naked and painted head to toe with black spirals, splotches, and power symbols. I think, after he picked his jaw up off the floor, that this is when he stopped being surprised at my antics!) )

Seal with a bit of beeswax, and you've got yourself a functional pen!

Happy scribing!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Magical Ink Pen

Post by Kitsune » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 pm

I have a BOS now, but I haven't had a chance to get any better at scribing... Too busy writing, I think. #-o

That sounds really fun though... Maybe I'll have to give it a try.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Magical Ink Pen

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

I was planning on finding an old-fashioned fountain pen that you refilled by pulling a lever when I finally started working on a hand-made BOS.

That's an interesting idea, CHL...but I've gone in reverse for my LARPS. I inserted a regular pen's tip/ink cartridge into a quill for the appearance of a proper quill pen without the muss.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!