Yule Tree Ornaments & Symbols

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Yule Tree Ornaments & Symbols

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:31 am

So our Yule Tree will soon be decorated with all the traditional Christmas symbols (santas, angels, babies (Jesus?), rocking horses, nutcrackers, etc). This weekend I'll be making some dough ornaments that my niece and I can paint and hang on the tree. So far, all I can think of is goddess symbols, maybe some pentacles, and I'd like to fit in a green man. Maybe I'll do the Holly King and Oak King, and a sun.

Any other ideas?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Yule Tree Ornaments & Symbols

Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:27 am

Hmmm, I'll have to think about this... I must admit, my tree has balls and lights and a few knick knack ornaments, so I'm not the one to ask.

Ohhh, don't forget Holly & Mistletoe.

Also, I have a small design somewhere for a cross-stitch design that reads solstice night. I'll see if I can find it for you.

If it's not too big, I also have a 7" x 5" cross stitch design of a triquerta with the message written across it, "I live in the place where you percieve nothing... Look Again." on it.

Since you do the cross stitching, I'd say look for symbols that you like and cross-stitch a few of them. A simple seam of white across the top allows you to put a string through to hang it...

I'll try to do another "Solstice Night" ornament and put up instructions with pictures perhaps... I suck at general describing stuff. :roll:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:34 pm

I'd say, in my opinion, something that represents the traditional foods you tend to serve. Or foods that were traditional "gift" items at this time of year.

Holly Leaves, Oak Leaves, Ivy Leaves are all nice, but I think you mentioned them.

Um...Snowflakes. Stars, esp the Fairy stars. Knot work. I'd even go so far as to make an ornament of your guides, if they allow it.

Something commemorating your wedding, like two rings in ribbon would be nice.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 am

My family have a tradition of making gingerbread ornaments. We usually make bells, trees, stars.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde