Fundie of the Month... Does it count?

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Fundie of the Month... Does it count?

Post by Kitsune » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:32 pm

:lol:

So, my Mom came up from BC to visit me in Alberta and see my new house. She was really impressed (although the fact that our front room is in our Master Bedroom still throws her) and the only fix that she said we might want to do quickly is adding a rail to our bottom stairs (the stairs are a bit on the steep side, but we have to drill into concrete to add one... it'll wait a bit longer :roll: ).

Anyways, I told my Sister (she came over with her family at the same time) that I would send her a link so that she could read my music reviews... or at least check them out.

Then I told my Mom that my sister could send her the link so that she could see it as well (we'd been having an argument about the validity of deleting emails without reading the subject lines).

My Mom looked at me and said, "Kitsune, I'm not going to listen to Satanic Music for you!"

#-o ](*,) #-o ](*,) #-o

After I gave her a blank stare for a few minutes I said, "What was that?"

She answered, "Okay, so what type of music do you listen to?" as if this were the clinching point. I answered, "Pagan". She asked me (with a superfluous hand wave as if to herald in her correctness) "And what is that?" I answered "Non-Christian, and that's pretty much it. A lot of it is Folk Music, there are instrumentals, Piano Solo's, a bit of Rock... Regular music, pretty much..."

She finally answered, "Oh, well, I am Christian... and I'm not listening to Hare Krishna for you".

She only agreed to check it out when I told her that she could read the review without the music coming on.

Does this even count as a Fundie? My Father apparently wasn't kidding when he told me (Jokingly) that my Mother had two important things in life... God and Carpeting.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Fundie of the Month... Does it count?

Post by Kystar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Wow. Ouch.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:03 am

Yikes! She DOES know that Pagan and Hindu are two very different things, right? She just offended 1,400,000,000 Hindus and millions of Pagans.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:24 am

Wow, I hope she doesn't listen to rock and roll or classic rock then, there is a lot of devil, sex and drugs in those.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:57 am

Two Words:
Epic Fail.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I'm sorry, Kits. But I absolutely LOVE your Reviews.
Try Reviewing alot of other kinds of music out there. I've only seen your Pagan Music Reviews, and nothing else. Try some Classicals. :]
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Sorry Hytegia... I review what my boss gives me. :lol: And I must admit I enjoy a lot of what he's given me so far.

My next review will be Emerald Rose's CD "That Night in the Garden". They do the same sort of music as Great Big Sea... Not my favourite type of music in the world, but they have a few songs that I absolutely love. I was holding off on doing it until the other guys finished their CD's... I didn't want to seem annoying putting in three of mine compared to one or two of theirs... It seemed pretentious of me, but I think I've waited long enough.

And yeah... I've always wondered what my Mom thinks of my religion and now I guess I know. ](*,) #-o

She also said "I had enough of that with your Father" which confuses me even more, since while my Dad has a very wide range of tastes he's never listened to Pagan.

I think she's assuming that it's all chanting and native american stuff... #-o

It hurts sometimes...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:37 am

I know EXACTLY where you're coming from, Kits.
:[
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:43 am

I'm sorry dear :( It does hurt when a parent is so unaccepting of something so much a part of us. You do have a whole slew of people who love you and your work, though :)

I wonder what she was referring to with your dad?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 am

:GHug:
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:12 am

Hare Krishna, Pagan? It's so wrong it's funny :-) You should put some really nice stuff on in the background when you know she's coming to visit and see if she comments teehee!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:40 am

Awe.... Sorry Kitsune, I know it sucks, just remember, she means well, probably, even if it is hurtful, at least she's being honest about it. Big hugs!!! :hug:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Me and my Mom never discuss religion... In fact, we discuss it so infrequently that I actually remember what our last one was.

I was 16 maybe 17, and I was getting into Paganism. I'd bought black candles (hey, I'd never actually found black candles before... they were super cool back then) and my Mom saw them and said, "You're not using them to Worship Satan, right?"

I wasn't, so I said no. She said, "then why did you buy them?" When I told her that I'd bought them because I'd never found black candles before, she said "Oh... Well, you are sorta flighty that way." and never asked again.

Yep, this is how the relationship between me and my Mom is... :roll:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:58 pm

OH, the "It's just one of those wierd things you do." mom's. My parents said that about vegetarianism for long time. I also avoid the topic of religion. I keep trying to go to to church to make my Mom happy and relate back to the things I enjoyed growing up, but within 5 minutes of being in a church lately I want to run out and go roll in the grass. Anyway, i think mom has decided it is best if we don't talk about it.

Anyway, keep up the music reviews, good work!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)