Herbal healing...for pets?

Love to read? Share your books, ideas, thoughts, etc.
forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Herbal healing...for pets?

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:30 pm

**Disclaimer* If this is the wrong spot for this, please feel free to put it where it goes. I couldn't think of a better place. Sorry.*

Ok, So has anyone come across a good herbal healing or natural cures book for pets? I know there are tons for us two leggers, but what about or furry friends? I know some stuff works the same. Basil for spider bites works the same on any critters skin. But what about respiratory infections? Or jojoba oil for dry skin? Or how raisins are good for us, but will kill dogs. Or how citrus kills cats. I know gypsies have some knowledge with horses and herbs, but there has to be others right? Maybe? I don't ever remember seeing any while book shopping, but that doesn't mean they're not out there, right? Has anyone else ever looked into this kinda stuff or am I being weird? O_o
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Herbal healing...for pets?

Post by Kystar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:32 am

The only thing I know is that Olive Oil sprinkled on dry food (if they don't get wet food) once in a while will help dry skin on cats.

Citrus will kill cats? Really? What part? What type?

Raisins? Kill dogs? That's sort of hard to believe, as I've known a dog who stole all SORTS of food from his humans, and he lived until he was 14. Maybe it's like chocolate...they have to eat like a whole mess of it before it kills them. I know that my vet said it takes like 5-7 pounds of chocolate to kill an average sized dog.

Have you searched Amazon? I'm sure there's something somewhere, because now there's a "natural diet" movement going on for pets, at least in the US. I even got an "Organic, preservative free" treat bottle from a gift basket I won.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!