Sword of the Lady

Love to read? Share your books, ideas, thoughts, etc.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Sword of the Lady

Post by Kitsune » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:46 am

Unfortunately, SM Stirling doesn't mention how or what happened in Canada... all I know is that the Domain of Drumheller is right smack dab above the Cutters... and as Americans, they know better than to try to cross that border. =; :-" :lol:

Glad to see that my favourite author jumped on finally! I told him about this place a while ago on Facebook, but it's always so wonderful to see him sign on to a site just to let us know that he appreciates our appreciation!

I second the motion to Thank SM Stirling for his wonderful portrayal of all things Pagan! =D> =D> =D>

Now will you lot start picking up his books?! It's not often you get this much of a raving response from fans!(or have the author come on either)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:18 am

Thank you for visiting :) You have a lot of fans here, and to be honest, I am very excited to have time to read fiction again, soon! Yours will likely be the first books I will pick up.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:38 am

:-D

I have, in my hands, a library copy. WOOT! I only have 14 days before I have to get it back though. I'm on page 291, think I can make it? 8-)
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:01 am

Well... now I have to decide whether I read it again one more time before returning it or get it back quicker so somebody else can read it.

Steve, please hurry up with the High King!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:39 am

Darn it! :-?

Not that it was a race or anything, but I still have the last chapter and epilogue to read.

Although I tried to skim through that final chapter in my excitement, and then found out you can't or you'll miss all but the most obvious thing being said. #-o =D> =D> =D> That right there is why I love this mans writing!!!

I'd suggest reading it once more before returning it. After all, the only I won't be is because I've bought two other books lately, and I really should at least glance at them before I read he series again. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:52 am

I just finished the book.

There are no words for how wonderful and incredible that was.

I'm insisting here that we have a discussion on it, but in a few weeks when it no longer hurts to type.

Thank you.

[-o< :-k =D>

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 pm

The ending was fantastic. Stirling gives me goosebumps when I read his words. He's just that good.

The first time that happened was in Dies the Fire when Juniper first calls on the Lady Morrígu. Just... something stirred in me at reading that bit. I had to stop and read it again. And again. And I got the same thrill every time. He is powerful in his craft. And like I said before, this man gets us. What's really great is when my playlist randomly brought up Loreena McKennitt's song Kecharitomene from her album 'An Ancient Muse' while I was reading that scene during my reread the other day. Give it a listen and I won't have to tell you which part of the song that hit just as Lady Juniper invoked the Dark Goddess of Crows.

And I agree Kitsune! Just as soon as you're not hurting we should start the discussion. We'll have to put up a spoiler warning to not read past that point in the thread, or just do it through PM's or facebook, but I'd love to involve everybody here who's read the books.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Definitely.

I just ordered Dragon NaturallySeaking, a voice recognition program.

Hopefully, it'll get here soon and then I can start using it until my hand heals.

Either way, I'll let you know when we can start.

:-D

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:16 pm

good luck, i could never get dragon to understand me...but hubby can.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Kystar wrote:good luck, i could never get dragon to understand me...but hubby can.

It's a good thing that your hubby can understand you! :lol:

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 pm

:P

Har-har.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Hey, I laughed. :)

So has anybody else read these books yet? I'm itchin to discuss!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:39 pm

And if we wait another 3 days I should be good to go.

My doc has put me on medium duties for this week, moving to regular work duties for next. I can now officially use the computer, although if I experience any pain, I'm supposed to stop and do something else immediately.

Strangely enough my doc says that it usually takes up to 8 weeks to fully heal from a bout of tendonitis. So I will still be going light for the next few weeks.