Tendonitis

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Tendonitis

Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Well guys, I hate to ask, but my hand started hurting a bit over the weekend and hasn't stopped yet. Today I work, I pushed it harder than it should have, and now the tendons are hurting...

If it is tendonitis, this means I may have pushed it severly past its limit. :-(

Anyways though, I just wanted to ask that if you have any kind thoughts (or tips or tricks for it), please send me some energy. I'm going to be doing Reiki myself, and I'm actually going to the doctors tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have this dealt with soon enough. :-" \:D/
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Tendonitis

Post by Kystar » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:33 pm

My doctor recommends heat pads for when my carpral tunnel (sp?) acts up.

Good luck with that!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 am

[-o<
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Rest those poor little hands for a wee bit darling. I hope that you feel better soon! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Sending what I can! And if you have any, try some Arnica for the pain. It works wonders for me.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Well, according to the doctor, I do have tendonitis and he's put me on sick leave until Sept 14. We're insanely busy at work, and people are leaving our department, we've had one person sick for 2 months now, and our boss won't hire anyone new, except to replace the one girl that's leaving (and not until she's gone).

Now, I'm off work for a week and a half. Grrrrowl.
I hate not being able to work. I will be resting those hands though.

Anybody who's at home during the day, and wants to chat via mic can contact me via my email for msn. I won't really be up for typing conversations though, obviously...

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:26 pm

I get the same thing, I use wrist braces and an ergonomic keyboard.

I'll send some energy that way!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:40 am

Hope you can keep writing by recording your thoughts on tape.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:43 am

actually, if you have an even speaking voice, you can probably find a decent transcription program to use...I tried it...but my speaking voice has too much up and down for the programs to grab.

Hubby can use it though...sits back and just talks to his pc...or he did when we were testing the voice recognition stuff.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:51 pm

I don't have any voice software at the moment, but it's alright. I don't tend to write too much in the summer anyways, so I'm just going to count this week and a half of down time "still summer" and leave it at that. This leaves me quite a bit of time to grab music off my programs using an Adobe Sound program, and of course to read my Sunrise Lands book series. I just finished the Sunrise Lands yesterday, and will be starting The Scourge of God. I figure I'll be done it by Monday/Tuesday, and then will be able to start on Sword of the Lady... Heck, I may even have it finished before I return to work.

Hmmm, will sleeping with a wrist brace or wearing it during this time really help? I have one for the other hand, but not my right. I could certainly see about getting one tomorrow though, if it'll help.

It would probably help insanely while I sleep at least... Hmm, maybe I'll offer to treat Joe to a slurpee and head out for it tonight, or tomorrow during the day.

My hand is killing though, so I'm going back to lurking now. Matta ne!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:39 am

I definitely do NOT recommend sleeping with a brace on. You swell while you sleep, and any restraints such as tensors and braces only hinder circulation and prevent healing. If you must wear one, wear it for a few hours during your busiest time of day, and take a large break between.

Chris is dealing with the same thing, a repetition injury on his hand. We've been treating him with hand soaks of hot water, salt, and baking soda, as well as drops of essential oils such as mint. I've been showing him some stretches - put your arms above your head, and slowly lower them. When you feel the tingle in your wrist and fingers (you may need to bend your fingers toward your head slightly, depending,) stop, and wiggle your fingers. It promotes better circulation and healing. He's hoping it will heal during the four days off he gets this weekend, but he really pushed himself at work the last two days. I don't know if it will heal that fast.

The warm soaks are something you may want to try. I've been showing Chris how to meditate while he's soaking to help it to heal (releasing the pain and inflammation into the salt/baking soda of the water, envisioning a healed hand, etc). It helps a lot.

Good luck my dear :) Glad your writing is not suffering, and that you have plenty to keep you busy! Get well soon!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:57 am

A little lesson I learned when doing heavy work. when a brace is needed use it ONLY for what it is needed for.

Someone who wears a back brace for heavy lifting should only wear it for when they lift. If they keep it on at other times the muscles can become dependant on that extra support instead of taking the weight themselves and they'll start having backaches whenever they don't wear it.

The same goes for wrist braces. ONLY wear it when you are doing something strenuous to your wrist. Otherwise the muscles will take much longer to develop that support naturally.

However the caveat for that is when you have an injury to wear it ALL the time for the recovery phase only. Then it is taking the strain off and allowing healing to take place faster. But when you move to the rehabilitation phase, start taking it off when it isn't really needed.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:04 pm

I'll probably only end up wearing it during the day while I'm still in the "stuck at home" phase. And I'm taking it off to eat and such.

I definately do not want to become dependant on it. On the other hand, I went out and got a full wrist brace yesterday, and after wearing it for most of yesterday, my hand felt much better today. So, it is helping! And I am trying to be as gentle as I can during the obvious "healing phase". Nothing strenuous, and if it starts hurting I stop immediately and rest it.

Thanks for all the advice guys... I hate being injured, but I did a reading with my new tarot, and they said that I had to learn patience and remind myself why honouring my physical body is important. Man, the patience thing is the hardest. Anyways, I'm running away to rest it again... At least the swelling finally went down enough that I can get my ring on again. :-D 8-)

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes, wearing a brace will make your hand feel better for a while, and not wearing it will make your hand ache. But that ache does mean that healing is going on and the muscles are getting strengthened. Best wishes and energy your way that you make a quick and full recovery.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.