Asserting my Paganism

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Asserting my Paganism

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Sorry, I'll be getting it from Rune Master Jewelry... If you look under the Miscellaneous tab it's the second from the top, called "Symbol of Seith, Shamanistic inner Magic ( Inner visions and journeys )."

Here's the picture, taken from his site. (Therefore, all copyrights and such belong to the RuneMaster).

Although Ragnar may disagree with what I say here (because, unlike me, he actually lives this stuff, while I only dabble in the Heathen and Germanic religions), according to my research it's a germanic symbol used by and created for those who focus on Divination and the Inner Magics. I've had trouble finding any direct information about it, more descriptions than pictures. However, with the triple crescent moon, it symbolizes my devotion to the Goddess, at the same time bringing a sense of calm and confidence in my abilities.

I will of course take a picture and post it here when I actually get my hands on it... It is truly gorgeous...

Oh, doesn't anyone know what they use for gemstones? They never actually say on their site... :-?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 pm

I think, from the looks of them, they're a type of crystal. Can't tell if they're lab created or nature-made, though.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:26 pm

They be lab created Kystar (far as I can tell anyways) I own some of them .. And to me, they look lab made. But, since they're so pretty, I don't mind it so much lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:22 am

Fortunately, I don't mind lab created crystals at all. Usually they say what the gems are, and what type of gold/silver they used, and I've always liked knowing.

What do you guys think of my choice?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:17 am

It's a very pretty piece. Not something I personally would wear, but a very pretty piece...and if it talks to you, means something to you, then it's perfect.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:37 pm

I don't want to repeat what Kystar said, but ... what she said lol. I quite like that piece myself, but never had the urge to actually wear it. Wear it well my dear, and enjoy! :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Very true about the wearing... as always, we'll see if it works out that way. I'm one of these who will buy objects that appeal to me, but then never wear them... because they don't mean enough. I tend to be surprised when I notice how much I wear a certain peice... generally because I notice when I start panicking that I can't find it anywhere. :-"

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:34 pm

I don't generally tell people I'm pagan anymore. But I do wear my pentacles. I wear the ring my wife gave me for Yule while i was away in the Army on my right hand - it had been serving as a sign of my handfasting, but I have a nice simple platinum band for that now.

I also wear the necklace she got me when my old pentacle suddenly up and disappeared. It's very nice with engraved runic markings - something of a cross between the Norse and Celtic traditions.

Also, WOW those are some really nice pieces!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:29 pm

Yep, I think I'm going to be picking up that original necklace later this month... Quite a few weeks later, I keep seeing it in my mind... I'm going to be picking up some pagan music later this month as well.