Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

My mom passed.

Post by Lotus » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:31 am

Everyone,
My mother passed away yesterday in the hospital. If you all would please keep her in your prayers so that her passing is gentle and that her journey to her destination be peaceful.
This is going to maybe sound wierd but even before I got there, she was trying to speak to me from across the veil. For the past week her soul was trapped somewhere and I did not understand until I got to the hospital. She was hooked to a machine to keep her forceably alive. By the feel of her aura, She was trying to go.
The nurses seem to think (and have told us) that she stayed alive just to hear all of us together and to give our final words to her.
I feel kind of guilty and sense some resentment from my brother. I kind of forceably wrestled The Power of Attorney....long story. It is like I show up and then his mother is dead. I was the one to turn her over to hospice but only when the doctor assured that there was nothing more medically they could do.
Please include him in your prayers so that he may have the closure he needs.

When I spoke to her it was evident that she could hear me and understand me. The whole experience was odd. I pretty much told her that I forgave her for her transgressions and I give her credit for all the good things she was responsible for.

I still feel strange.

BB,
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: My mom passed.

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:17 pm

<3 Blessings to you and your family at this time. If you ever need to chat, feel free to PM, etc. [-o< :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:46 pm

:GHug: :GHug: :GHug:
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:56 am

Blessings to you and your family in this tough time honey :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:17 am

:GHug:
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 am

Blessings to you and your family in this time.

You are allowed to feel any emotion you want right now, weird, angry, upset, even ambivalent, the way we all deal with death shocks most of us. I never cried when my grandfather Iw as very close too died, and when my step grandfather died who I despised, I bawled for a whole day.

I will keep all the things you requested in my thoughts.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:51 pm

My blessings to you during this time... I know how turbulent it can be when you lose a loved one. I can only imagine that it's even worse when it's a loved parent.

At least you know that she's not in pain anymore and is resting in the Summerlands... or whichever version of the afterlife she believed in.

I do agree, a Samhain ritual remembering you're lost loved one will help you heal as well as letting your Mother's spirit rest better, knowing that you are healing. I personally remember my Grandmother every Samhain, simply by sitting in meditation, remembering everything I can about her. I honour her memory and leave feeling my burdens in this life lessened by the act.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews