To break a bad habit

All things wiccan...
Fableflame
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Scorpio

To break a bad habit

Post by Fableflame » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Does anybody know a good spell to help break bad habits?
I'm in dire need of one.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: To break a bad habit

Post by Kystar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

The only thing I've ever read about this is candle/flame magic.

Basically, you meditate on what you want to change, write it out clearly and in detail on a piece of paper or parchment, and then burn the paper while focusing on releasing the negativity (bad habit) recorded there.

I vaguely remember something similar where you write it out and bury the paper, and as the paper decomposes beneath the Earth, the power the habit has over you is released. But I'm not sure on that one. I think you can also do a message in a bottle thing, where you write it out, and cast the bottle into moving water (river or the ocean) without capping the bottle. The water's supposed to draw it away and destroy it...freeing you from its influence.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:35 am

It takes 3 days to break a physical addiction, and 21-31 to break a mental addiction/habit. I would do some meditation to strengthen will and create peace, and tough it out, while replacing the old habit with a new and good habit. The future of our lives is dictated by our daily routine. Look at your daily routine and ask yourself where you could do something positive. Read 10-15 pages of a self-help book. Call a friend. Skip-rope or do yoga. When you get out of bed, do some push-ups. Replace the negative with positive :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Fableflame
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by Fableflame » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:45 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:It takes 3 days to break a physical addiction, and 21-31 to break a mental addiction/habit. I would do some meditation to strengthen will and create peace, and tough it out, while replacing the old habit with a new and good habit. The future of our lives is dictated by our daily routine. Look at your daily routine and ask yourself where you could do something positive. Read 10-15 pages of a self-help book. Call a friend. Skip-rope or do yoga. When you get out of bed, do some push-ups. Replace the negative with positive :)
Could magic speed up that process?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Absolutely, and it can make it easier. Magic isn't something outside of us, though. Even a meditation is magic :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:27 am

I think it is important to remember magic is only intent too, I see it as support, giving you confidence in your ability to do something. For example quitting smoking. You can do spells until the cows come home, but if you don't really want to quit,and don't work to change your behaviors (ie, avoid places and triggers that make you smoke) then it won't do any good,(and probably external emotional support).

Just MHO, and I have done the candle thing, it is a nice representation of a an end to the old and a start to the new. I would have a similar piece of paper near by to write what your intent is after you have broken your habit. Good luck!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)