Past Lives - Stories and Beliefs

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Past Lives - Stories and Beliefs

Post by Kystar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Hytegia wrote: ON ALTERNATE PLANE PASTLIVES-
You think that we alternate Planes when waiting a spike on the Reincarnation Train by living on another plane? Perhaps when we die on that plane we cross over and restart?
I have a story quote that resonated so deep in my soul, I meditated on it. (I actually wrote something like this into a story. The character didn't get the details of the quote exactly right.)
"The Gods made the Universe out of a sphere of Glass. But, ever curious, the Goddess of Learning held the Universe before her duel mirror. In that moment, infinite universes were born...each connected to the one before, but each with their differences."
I believe in Spiritual Planes, and other physical planes. And yes, I believe that you can cross planes as you go from one life to the next. I think part of it is a need in the other plane could require someone with certain latent talents...part of it could simply be population density. As one reality becomes too crowded, the Divine diverts you to another until things balance.

And I think our tales of magic and sorcery and such are just memories from other worlds where such things are able to manifest more obviously...or blatantly? I'm not sure how to say it. Obviously, if I have shared memories with others of being able to morph my PHYSICAL form, it could be an explanation. (I've reunited with a few siblings from that life...and we all remember each other's forms...it's how we recognized each other.) The explanation given by another who shared that life was that it was long ago, and that power was lost in time...but that doesn't make sense to me...if it's THERE, why wouldn't it spontaneously manifest like it did then? How could it be simply LOST? Things just don't STOP being passed in family lines, no matter how far from the root you get, some traits are still there. No matter the attempts of some to stamp traits out, they're still there in some form. So why would it vanish? It makes more logical sense to me that it was on another plane, one with more...active.."magic".

Though, there's no way to actually figure out the answers. We can meditate all we want, astral travel and seek, but we'll only learn what the Divine want known...the true secrets are only learned when we pass on. Because it's not the ANSWERS that make us better ppl, but the SEARCH for them.

But, as always, that My opinion. flyaway:
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Here here!

It's always been my belief that our worlds magic flows in waves, sometimes it's at a peak, and sometimes we've hit rock bottom. I think that we hit rock bottom about 40 - 60 years ago, and now the magic is going up again. However, since it's in Universal / Planetary Cycles they seem so long to us here living on the material plane during the uprising.

At least, that's my personal belief on why magic seems to ebb and flow.

It could also be park of the "alternates"... Since there are places where magic is always higher than here, and places where it may always be lower... somewhat like the water level in the ocean... Some are by the shore, while some are surrounded deep in the ocean.

I have to agree though... The point is the journey, not what you hope to find at the end of the road.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:26 pm

I would like to note that if ANYONE starts quoting Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus, I'll rip your throat out.
>.<

Now, with my anti-whore emotions aside, I would like to say that I've always thought of it in these terms (and these WILL be quoted in my Book of Philosophy):

"Two Paths diverged in the Wood and I-
-I assessed that they both sucked. So, throwing my hands into the air, shouting 'F*CK IT ALL!' I grabbed a Machete and hacked my own way through. Don't EXACTLY know where I'll end up, but it's been one helluva Trip!"

:P
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Hytegia wrote:I would like to note that if ANYONE starts quoting Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus, I'll rip your throat out.
>.<
Aren't they the same person? IE - Hannah Montana is a character that Miley Cyrus plays for Disney?

Not that I would even know WHERE to go to FIND a quote of hers...as the nearest-aged relative lives 2+ hours away and I don't see the girl enough to learn.

But, it sounded sort of like a paradox, to me.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:33 am

The paths we take and the choices we make, as I see them, are like dominoes: When you come to a crossroad, your choice doesn't only set off one chain, but both; The chain of what is, and the chain of what might have been. Both continue, and at other crossroads, the process repeats, endlessly.

In a past life, I'm sure I was a gypsy or peasant sometime. The clothing and culture fascinates me, and it feels as if I'm remembering something from a long ago childhood. Possibly a noble during other times, in an unhappy lifetime. I've never been able to really tell, but I think sometimes I remember what those lives were like. I think I compensate for not being able to go back and see by just remembering.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 am

They ARE the same person... I just don't want anyone to be quoting a SPACIFIC lame song that I want to toss the radio out the window each and every time I hear it blaring down the road.

ANYWAYS:
That sounds intresting Mahala.

My idea of the Universe (and therefore the Planes, reincarnation, and parallel Planes) is what I call the Clockwork God. It's my own mix to solve the evolution idea and the Intelligent Design theory!
My idea is that, at the beginning, there was a Great Spirit who made all that is. He/She (more appropriate would be "it") constructed every Physical and Magickal law ever to exist. It developed all the planes, and all the parallel planes and everything else. And... He left.
Who knows? Who cares? It's not our job to interpret the actions of Gods and Goddesses. :P I think that maybe it just likes to watch what it made turn and spin in a controlled madness based on the rules he set for us all.
And, so out of this controlled setup, life emerged. It could have been billions of billions of years, or whatever you have it. But, yes. It's more like controlled madness. Where the true Beauty of Creation is not that we were created... But that in this set of laws and rules, we came to be. All Spirits, creatures, plants, stars, and all that is and should be.
:)

So, therefore, I see the world as a Created Madness, with an infinate web of connections. So, it's possible that we could be on other planes in the meantime between incarnations.
Nor any drop to drink."

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:52 pm

A sciency God or Goddess, lol. They wanted to build something; Perhaps every planet out there is another 'failed' experiment of theirs. Ours might just have been the eureka moment they finally had after several billion years. :-D

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:31 am

Not more of a "Sciencey" more of a "Creativy" one.
I mean, who's to say that this ClockWork Spirit isn't but a programmer? It could be argued a large number of other metaphorical sayings. Programmer Spirit, because they typed in the rules and hit Enter. Hell, Writer Spirit, penning out the rules of the Universe that we all write our own stories by- which could be argued...

AINT THAT RIGHT KITS? *High 5 Offer if she returns to this Thread*

But, more of a Creative Design.
Nor any drop to drink."