Big Trouble in Nowhere- EMERGENCY

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Big Trouble in Nowhere- EMERGENCY

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Well, guys, I find that Nowhere- Well, Nowhere's got some wierd happenings going on. Especially since I met those damned vampires (no offence. Please. It's just because of what I've found out). Apparently, there's a newbie in their group seeing visions and having extreme nightmares.
So, I come in with my Wards and my finest tools, ready to diagnose. Well, as it turns out, I saw she was merely being bothered by a small imp that liked to pick on the new girl by giving her bad dreams and such. I overdid it for her definate amusement and did the Lesser Banishing of the Pentagram before trapping the b****** in a very important mirror of mine.

Now, the Mirror's under lock and key if I ever need him again with a small slew of other captured and bound spirits.

Unfortunately, she's had recursive dreams (simmilar to PTSD) the same as the little Imp that was bugging her... And, so (without waiting for standing results) she ran off to her friend in the Coven of Vampires. Now, they did online research relevant to her dreams and have convinced themselves that, with one night of uncited and unreliable internet study:
1) A dark sealed god is trying to use her as a gateway.
2) Nyx told them to do a ritual on the 4th of July.
3) Some other Witch in town is trying to resurrect him and become the prophesized Queen of the dark God.
4) The Ritual involves me channeling the b*tch. :(

Newbie Syndrome run heywire? Sounds like it. I'm still skeptical of this plot, seeing as if it DID happen and the odds of a Witch who's insane enough AND have enough power to try to free an ancient dark god with hopes of becoming a ruler of the Earth? NAH. NO WAY.
But, wierd s**t's been going on.

Somehow, a thoughtform managed to get through my Wards and passed my other protections to bother me. None of my Spirits saw it enter, but they all saw it haul ass to make an escape when I caught it rummaging through my Drawers... Wierder than that was it was PHYSICAL. I mean, it was a dark-like energy, with some form, looking through my books of Research (all of which are Awakened aswell!) and dashed THROUGH my Wards (putting holes in them) and getting away as fast as he could.
And, I get a call from the other Vampires that the same thing's going on with them too!
I'm not going to even TRY to think about what kind of power could make a Thoughtform that could outdo Naturally created Spirits with years (in one case, hundreds) of experience on their shoulders, and slide through Wards undetected... And then bust through them to make an escape!

Next up:
The Embodyment this Spirit is supposed to take is some kind of Raven God. Anyways, I love Ravens...
But I know when there's too many around.
For instance, a large group landing at the Duck Pond. Not to mention there's been 3 following me, and one sitting on my roof. Just- Sitting there outside my window. I tried everything from yelling at it to banishing it to trying to reach it at a mental spiritual level (connection)... All failed. It only left for a while when (hell, I was tired of all of it) I performed the Greater Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, sword and all. Never saw it again outside my Window.

But, as skeptical as I am of these events... Something's happening here. Thoughtforms so strong that the most powerful of Wards I can manage (and, three levels of Wards to be exact) fall like paper under it, and sifting through my desk on a PHYSICAL level, leaving the other Spirits in the dust? The awkward gathering of such Ravens and the stalking of the few others I know who are Aware of things? And, if that wasn't enough, what about this overhanging presence I now feel, like the silence before a storm?

My worst fear of all is that this Ritual they've devised (according to the other friend, Nyx's ritual) to summon her could go TERRIBLY wrong, or that Nx will b****slap us for awakening her. :/ Mainly me, aswell, because I gotta be the one chanelling her!
But, what about the other things?! The Ravens? the Mysteriously Powerful thoughtforms? The overcasting doom, making my intuition scream that something's wrong? What if some Witch really IS trying to do it, and I'm stuck in the middle of this big fight in this small town?!
I mean, at the least, I can't ignore the signs that things are SERIOUSLY ariey, and something bad is about to happen...

Maybe I could just say:
HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS IS.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Re: Big Trouble in Nowhere- EMERGENCY

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:25 am

1) You and your friends are opening doors you should not open (and expect spiritual growth and peace). Stop. Now.
2) Tell your friends to cool it; do no summoning, no channelling, for a good long while, until at least they know WHAT they are doing.
3) You probably don't have much of a good image of angels, but call them in. Don't worry, they don't work for a Christian God. They work for the highest of the high. Call them in. They protect with ferocity and I have seen no force that can overpower them, and I have dealt with very strong dark "things." If you still cannot fathom angels, call out for the highest of the high.

4) Raven is a wonderful teacher, and she teaches as Heyokah, that is, through opposites. She may very well give you and your friends a good kick upside the head in order for you to GET IT. There is no devil, there is no dark god that you can P-off and summon in order to stop your friend's dreams. They play the Devil so that we may learn there IS NO DEVIL.

All in all, stop it, now.

I have seen what you are describing, and it is the result of opening doors and awakening spirits that have no effect on you unless you give them the power to. That is, stop meddling in the dark world until you have a grip on yourself enough and enough light in you that you can deal with dark things without getting sucked into their level.

5) Never trap a spirit to call upon later. This isn't pokemon, and tricks like that will land you in a world of hurt from the spirit world.

As for your friend, tell her to call in the highest of the high. This is something she will have to do on her own. Her dreams are not the result of a malignant spirit that can be caught and contained, nor from a dark god waiting to be summoned. In her case, it is the result of opening doors and not closing them.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:23 am

*Cough*
I've done that to only 3... One was a deal, one was just plain INTRESTING, and that one has the most ammount of space and can come and go as it pleases, and the last was because I promised her that I wouldn't let him out. I don't USUALLY do it, because I know about that backlash that brings in a world of Hurt.

Anyhow, yea-
I've found out what's going on, and I HAVE a Winged Seraph of Heaven with me right now.

They've taken a complete atrocity from a book called House of Night and are using it as Lore. Which, I know, is almost total Bullsh*t to try, or else I woulda been trying to summon Dumbledorf or some other babbling fairy tale monster and had excellent results with it. :(
Anyhow, I would like to bring up that I just think that it IS Kalona Ayliski (Spirits that collect souls of the Dieing, and make sounds as if ravens when they strike so to steal the dieing's lifespan and add onto their own) but their BOOK says that Kalona Ayliski was a God trapped by Cherokee shaman 10 000 years ago with some retarded prophecy...
In reality, Kalona Ayliski are just like a Race of Evil Spirits, and can be dealt with easily if you know how to. :/
When confronted with this, they go off on a rant about "NYX TOLD US TO DO THIS," and "ARE YOU DOUBTING NYX?!" Which makes me cry because they're my best friends-
But I'm a WIZARD. I don't doubt Nyx. I don't doubt any God or Goddess... I doubt the infatuation of the Human mind to play on such fantasys and portray them as if spoken directly to a God or Goddess, and the ability of the Human Spirit to make things real-

What we SHOULD be worried about is about what Witch or Wizard is mad enough, or evil enough to amass and summon Kalona Ayliski on such a massive scale, and to have Thoughtforms strong enough to crash my Wards!

*Facepalm*
There's just-
Idiocrracy most high reigns in the smallest and most kindest of places, and blinds people with Recently-invented lore or other such Things as to create an illusion of amassed power of some Dark Lord, poised and ready to strike the World and create an evil world order.
But, NYX SAID SO- Therefore, their Logic is UNDENIABLE.
(Sound familiar? Anyone?)

:cry: :cry: :cry:

They're my best friends, though. Maybe they'll call Nyx and she'll resolve this by telling them that they're idiots, and fix the REAL problem (I'm sure this has happened before in history). Or, you know, nothing happens and then I'll have to step in and do the Traditional Cherokee method for Slaughtering Kalona Ayliski, and hunting down whoever's summoning them.
(Which, itself, is simpler than calling a Goddess uselessly to come smite an imaginary dark god sealed within the Earth for 10 000 years.)
Nor any drop to drink."

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Their logic may be undeniable, but that doesn't necessarily make it the right kind of logic.

Reading this thread takes me back to the days of being in high school (yes Rune, I know, it wasn't all that long ago .. Well, it was, I graduated 8 years ago ok! lol) when people just get too carried away with something and forget to take it with a grain of salt. You may find, because of the very interesting energies that have been thrown into overdrive in the astrological world lately, that it may be giving your friends that wonderful "I'm much too enthusiastic!" push. Give it a few days (or even a week if you must) to cool down and get it outta their systems. I know I was strongly affected by the recent planetary movements ... I've been go-go-go-go so energetic for the last few days, and it is still to wear off completely lol.

As for the rest of it, I have to agree with CHL. Doors have been left open where they should of been closed, and your friend needs to sit down, call in the highest of the high, and get her system cleared up again, and then start shutting some doors.

All in all ... If I were you, I would be treating everything they say as something they haven't even said. It is much too reminiscent of scenes I have seen played out again and again and again over the years. Everybody needs to calm down, take a step back, and really think about what it is they THOUGHT they were going to be able to accomplish. And then realise that they were probably wrong on most counts. Usually, it only takes one piece of calm, reasonable logic thrown into chaos at the right time to stop things from escalating too much. I see you as being the one with that calm, reasonable logic. Like I said. Give them some time to come down off the planetary go-go-go enthusiasm vibes, talk to your friend who is having those dreams, and then try and pick the right time to get everyone else to calm down and think about things properly. As it is ... It looks like it's a whole bunch of talking with no thinking attached. Help them to take that step back and have a think about things before they take a step they shouldn't be taking.

Just my 2 cents worth :-)
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:09 pm

I tried that...
:/
I just wish I had you guys here to back me up on it. Right now it's just two Vampires squeeling and waving their hands about how they need Nyx NOW before a new Evil World Order is established and how badly they need to do it before July 4th (... This seemed odd, since the 4th of July has no Magickal power or reson at all! Maybe the energy hanging in the air?) because Nyx told them to.

I would rather deal with Fundies, because atleast you can yell at Fundies. Earlier, they just went to the gaveyard. They're drawing out PLANS for this!
Well, I decided to play along...
They asked me where the coimpass was. It was 3 PM and, hell, I didn't have a Compass. I told them the directions based on the sun's position, and they tried to bully me into getting a Compass. I literally had a BREAKDOWN and yelled:
"If it's so important THEN WHY DON'T YOU GET THE F*CKING COMPASS?!?"
Which got the Girl crying, the other one mad at me... And me? I went and sat beneath a Gravestone facing West like I called it. While they got a Compass, I was still sitting in the same place, and they came back with a calmer attitude, and I gave them my ideas, and we shared our thoughts on the stress.
They want it done their way, and then they can try my way, they said. I just nodded and...
(I resisted the Urge to say "Told Ya So," because it would have been a Friendship Suicide)
The Directions were exactly how I said it based on the Sun's position at 3 PM.

Unfortunately-
They deny my reason and logic, even when I ask them if they could just take a step back and look at this for a minute... They've said that this is THEIR beliefs and THEIR Goddess, and that Nyx doesn't like Men making judgement calls, that Nyx is very mad at me for Questioning them and not believing, and ontop of that THEY know more about THEIR Magick than I could comprehend............

Yes, 7 years, 7 Months, and 7 weeks both start with the number 7, but still-

Sorry, this post was mostly a sad vent about my Friends. I love them to Death... Just not MY Death.
I can't decide if it's because they're yanking their belief and Lore from a Fantasy Book, that I have no control in the Ritual or the like, that I've just been dropped into a probably Fictional System of Vampiric Magick that spins my view topsy turvey (Elements now? Air is North, Earth is West, Water is South, Fire is East, and Spirit is the Center. A clear sexism in it. A complicated ritual to catch her as she brings the Veil of Night over the Land. Etc.), or the idea that their version of Nyx appears to be very Sexist, and doesn't like me questioning her followers that much.
:/
I think it's abit of all.
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:13 pm

As long as you're shielded and warded, nothin can really effect you unless you allow it on a conscious or subconscious level. As far as the recurring nightmares, they'll either fade with time or with healing/counseling. This may sound harsh, but clean your house, i.e. you, your spirit, your mind and your space and keep it clean. Letting things like this dirty up the area will attract darkness and ill energies of various sorts. A good, sound smudging probably wouldn't hurt either.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks Rune. Since the Ward Incident, I doubled up and repaired my Wards... Gave some Scolding to the 3 SUPPOSED to be guarding the House (They didn't see anything, they say).
But, yea, I'm using more complex and perminant Wards with more energy. I'll clean up my room abit, too. :)

But my main concern is with balancing Friends with Magick. It feels like I'm trying to Juggle their beliefs, my beliefs, my worries, their needs, my needs, and I feel like I'm about to crack under the weight of my own Practice. That, somehow, they can barge in, with some bad dreams and overhanging signs, waving a Fantasy book wanting to call a Goddess, claiming higher knowledge and a connection with their Goddess, rejecting my input (I mean, what do I know about Magick and Spirits? I'm JUST a Wizard. :( ), and saying that Nyx is angered by my disbelief and research contrarying their research taken mostly from said Fantasy Series, and in the mass of confusion I'm left in a heap of Books and a broken Spirit.

But, then, could the stress be coming from it's not MY Practice or beliefs?

I feel selfish now!
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Always remember one thing... keep your beliefs as your core... you can study, understand, research, respect, even incorporate other's beliefs, but don't let them shake your own... cause then you open yourself up at the unconscious level.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:37 pm

I agree.
But it's just the idea that-
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Gods, I just need to Rant on Idiocy... But I'm not going to rave at Pagans. I'm just not going to do it!

*Meditative Breathing!*

The thing is, I believe in All Spirits and All Gods and All Goddesses. It's not so complex as you'd expect, and I don't know iff anyone else does this method either-
But when it's my belief to BELIEVE that All Gods and All Goddesses exist, and someone comes down on me and acts like I don't know sh*t about their God or Goddess, and that I'm lacking belief in their storybook rituals, rites, and so forth, and that the said Good Goddess (according to the Vampiress) is PISSED at me for not believing in her follower's doctrine about the Imaginary Storybook demon, and that no matter what I do I can't understand their Goddess or be close to her because I'm not a woman (according to the House of Night), it just makes me-

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:38 pm

If you think of divinity as suffering from multiple personality disorder, it makes that even easier, lol

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Actually, I believe that the Gods, Goddesses, and Spirits exist simply because of mass belief in them, and the fact we still keep them in our minds and such, as in History or Greek Mythology, or whatnot, that they retain their power since they are known atleast on a massive Scale.
The seperation of Spirits and Dieties is this divide of Massive Belief. Spirits are simply Embodyed energies that can be THOUSANDS of years old, but remained alive because the fierce action or series of actions used to create it allowed it to wander the Earth and feed on other Energies and become stronger, or just strong enough to Sustain life, or some other method of Survival.
(Like, the Spirit of a River will be there as long as the River is there!)
Spirits could be older than Gods, but Gods still have a massive following and have better P.O. than Spirits, and because of this massive belief they have more power and such in comparison to even the oldest of Spirits.
:D

But enough about my beliefs... Actually, I think we've come to the Core of this thread-
The contradiction of Beliefs and Logic.

I believe that you can step back, and Think before an action (sometimes I slip up and Leap before I Look. I AM Human, after all!), and that Gods and Goddesses should be a last resort for an action when a well planned spell or clever use of Magick could do in a synch to solve problems...
And I believe that All Roads must be closed, and Magick must be a Last resort.

They believe that in problems, they should resort to their beliefs immediately... That if something is Bad, then wait for Nyx to tell them to do something and then go do something without thinking about what LOGICAL thing it could be, and that Nyx has all mighty power over the Night and is infallible in all walks and ways of life.
And they believe that Magick is the first Road you take.
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Divinity exists, but oui, our belief helps shape the various forms... hence the "God/dess has multiple personality disorder", but I would argue that belief shapes all spirits the same way... thoughtforms, oui, but not all of them.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:15 pm

A Spirit is an Embodyed energy formed by controlled and concious actions, or uncontrollable and abrupt actions (like getting hit by a Car). Spirits can exist for a very long time, depending on what made them and what kind of experiences and such where applied ot it.
I'm imaging Michael Jackson's gravesite is going to be a Spiritual Hotspot for years to come.
But, anyhow, you posted while I was editing my post above to go further into the Post.
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:23 pm

that's more of a created spirit, thoughtform and/or servitor... some spirits just are... you can find them in the wilds where men aren't and therefore aren't responsible for forming them... there are many, many kinds of spirits out there.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:03 am

Unconcious Actions include forces of Nature, or presentations of Nature.
:)
For example, I have spoken to the Spirit of the Tenessee River!

But, yes. Spirits are many in variety. Some just extrememly unconcious thoughtforms, some naturally occouring Beasts and Beautes of Nature... I REALLY want to be in a Hurricane some time. I was talking to the clouds the other day, and I asked about Hurricanes. They said that the Hurrican's Wrath and Power is so devistating that it makes an almost Wyrm-like monster within it.
If I could get a good spot,, I could be like:
8-) Hey, Wyrm of the Storm. How's it hanging? You mind not blowing anything over, today?

Well, I'm jk about that last part. But it would STILL be cool-

WE'RE OFF TOPIC.
Nor any drop to drink."