Psy Vampires - Just a Little Off?

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Psy Vampires - Just a Little Off?

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 am

Well, you'll never guess what I found in Nowhere...
While walking down the road, I saw another chick from school. She seemed abit grumpy, so me being one of her friends decided to stop, chat her up (which worked. I never fail to make someone smile), then end it with a big, ol' HUG-
And then I felt wierd.

After it happened, I was shaking, and quickly dashed my eyes around, trying to see the Astral (I can do it if I try)... But I was literaly TOO WEAK to even accomplish this feat. I even felt like life had been drained out of my Awakened sidebag I keep all of my Notebooks in.
Sha asked if I was okay, and I nodded. This was just too sudden for anything. So, either I was having a Stroke, or I had just lost a serious ammount of Energy. Having no history of the First, and noticing that I could smile without drooping my lip, I thought in my head of everything I had ever learned. Every Spirit I had encountered. And, ofcourse, every form of Black Magick I had thought about using at some point-

And I took a Gamble.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked, shaking some still.
"Do what?" She said back.
"Why'd you drain me?" I said again, "Or a better question would be How'd you Drain me?"
"You're a Vampire, aren't you?" I said.
"... Yea- But how'd you know?"
"Well I'm a Wizard." I said.

The entire conversation that ensued in a hushed tone among strangers. Apparently, there's a few of them here in Nowhere! And they get together every so often... And when I said "Blessed Be" she said that's what Vampires said.
O.o
So, after all it went down, I discovered this:
They still use the Sabbats.
They do Rituals.
And, they Worship the Goddess... They call her Nyx, Goddess of the Night.

So, you can see where I have my problem here- I can't quite comprehend how it's so different? But, in the hushed tone, she spoke of it as if I'd never heard it before. When I said that I worshipped Diana, and a slew of other Gods and Spirits, she said it wasn't the same as hers.
BUT THE SIMMILARITIES ARE KILLING ME.
So, if anyone knows anymore modern Vampiric lore, please tell me, and discuss why it's oh-so different. I'll be auditing one of their Sabbats eventually, and hopefully I'll make a whole new group of Friends. But first, I'd like to UNDERSTAND them so I don't look like a bumbling idiot, fumbling into their Sabbat with no clue what's going on at all.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Psy Vampires - Just a Little Off?

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:55 am

Well, I hate to say this, but it depends on a lot of things... What type of vampires they are, what type of vampires they think they are, and which religions were too fast for the founding members to catch? :lol:

Seriously though, Although most vampires behave in similar ways, it's a lot like paganism... Every sect does some things the same, some things different and consider themselves entirely unique. Personally, I'd talk with your friend and ask her what her rituals entail. Are they worshiping Nyx in the old way, or have they adapted new rituals? Are they a Pagan group, who only accept Vampire members? Asking her would probably be the only way to find out for sure.

I can say with some authority (since my husband is a vamp and I've done some further research into them) that not all vampires drain energy the same way, they don't all worship the same way (my husband would be offended if you told him he worshipped a deity directly), and they don't all use energy the same way.

I do know that if a vampire is determined enough there are a few ways for them to not be vampires anymore... but very few want to take that path for any reason (especially if they've become energy aware and now use the energy instead of just replenishing their stores).

You should have a very interesting time finding out. I'd suggest doing a little research into Nyx yourself. She is a very interesting Goddess with a fascinating history (if you enjoy reading the myths and the such). If I do remember correctly, she wasn't exactly worshiped widely even during her time. No one really wanted the Goddess of Night, Firstborn Daughter of Chaos to focus upon them, if she didn't need to.

If you would like, I do know of a vampire community where you could sign on and request more info of them. They're actually working on studying the various types of vampires, how they feed, how they worship, how they gather into a society, all of that. It may take me a few days to find though... I haven't been there in literally years. :-k
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:17 am

Intresting....
So, Vampiric Paganism is-
*Looks at the word "Paganism." FACEPALM*
I guess, seeing as it's a form of Paganism, that this group worships differently from the marginal whole. :/

They're ALL Vampires, though. I know that much.
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:25 am

Vamperism isn't a form of Paganism... Unless they're incorporating their vamperism into their Paganism (yeah it's another one of those fun, all Wiccans are Pagan, but not all Pagans are Wiccan things). However, it really does sound like they are, and therein lies the difficulty.

Sorry, I know you were probably hoping for an easy answer... in this case though, there just isn't one. [-( :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am

Damn. :/
Well, atleast I know something more than when I started!
Nor any drop to drink."

quicksilver
Level 1
Level 1

Post by quicksilver » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:59 am

this website http://psychicvampire.org/index.htm has a lot of info and a forum with several physic vampires on it that you can talk to
Last edited by quicksilver on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Kitsune is right... especially about the fact the different psi-vamps working/believing/behaving in different ways. Another interesting lil tidbit, a fair few psi-vamps don't even know what they are. And those who've taken the time to really learn about it can also drain from different sources, i.e. 1 person, groups of people, a given area in general, nature, etc. Energy is energy, it's just a matter of them learning how to harness it consciously and from different sources.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Although from the vamps I've known, it's much harder for them to learn to draw strickly from nature... the energy doesn't sustain them as well as humans do.. I suppose in the myths it's like vampires eating rats to survive... Sure it can be done, but it tastes bad, you always feel vaguely sick and can't use your abilities to their fullest. It's a poor way to survive, but you can.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Hmm... Cool.

Well, I'm going to just poke around, I guess. Been hanging out with her a little more, and things...
Guess Little Town of Nowhere has more than meets the eye. :)
Nor any drop to drink."

Kibaval
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Leo

Post by Kibaval » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 am

I am actually a dhampir myself, so its quite refreshing to hear someone bring this up, but no, vampirism doesnt have a set religion, im actually just a regular old wiccan. but if theres anything youd like to know about just shoot me a reply, ill be glad to inform or entertain.
"Timidi mori pluries ante eorum funera;
Deinde fortis gustabit mortem.
Audivi tamen in cunctis mirabilibus.
Mirum videtur mihi magis ut timeatur;
Videns ut mors, necessaria finem,
Venient veniet." - Julius Caesar