Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

When you thought it was done

Post by Lotus » Wed May 06, 2009 10:19 pm

*groans*
I was foolish to thing that things were done and over. It turns out that my former manager’s mouth has been working overtime. Apparently she had been bad-mouthing me so viciously to my new manager.
Now, my new manager believes every little lie told by my ex-manager.
It does not matter since people have made the choice to see what they heard even though it is not there.
Regardless of what I do correctly everything seems like it is not enough.
If I even have a five word conversation with someone then it gets translated to me “standing around and doing nothing.”

Nothing has been wrong until about a few days ago. For some reason everything changed without warning.

Why am I a drama magnet!? I honestly do not want to be part of any drama whatsoever and I still end up in the middle.

*aaaah*

I know that I have been saying this all along but, I need a new job.
Now is the time to figure out what I am good at and where I would be happy.

Today sucked.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: When you thought it was done

Post by Kystar » Thu May 07, 2009 6:33 am

HUGS! Sorry! :GHug: :GHug:

I wish I could give some words of wisdom, but you've got the only solution I would suggest out anyways.

Run. Run far away.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Thu May 07, 2009 6:59 am

You're both right. If it's getting that bad, it's time to move on. Even I am going to be doing this myself because it's gotten ridiculous around here and I'm sick of 12 - 16 hour days 5 - 7 days a week, not enough staff and resources, too much politics and some other issues. And I've been an exec here for over 7 years. Sometimes you do have to make that move. Just take a little while to figure out what you want to do and start looking for places that suit.

:hug:

Blessings
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu May 07, 2009 11:23 am

:hug:

I hate this job.
Now it is time to figure out what I am good at. I need to figure out what job titles I would be qualified for so that I can get another job. Maybe it is time to brush up my skills including interview skills.

What would a very emotional and empathic person with a B.A. degree in English be good at? I have been working for this company for Two and a half years and have been an Assistant for almost six months. Before that I have been a Correctional Officer, Subsitute teacher, Barista, door-to-door fundraiser, Group home aid....what would I be good at? There is a huge gap in my work experience becaue I took a few years off to take care of my mom with a severe back injury.

Bb
Lotus

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu May 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Probably public relations, actually. Though, I don't know if there is marketing degree that goes with that.

Though, a few charities or companies would probably have openings for someone to do the correspondence and mass mailings that can basically edit/proofread well...an in house editor.

There's an idea...find out what publishing houses and magazines require for someone to be an editor or proofreader. Might even be a "work from home" sort of thing this day and age.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri May 08, 2009 8:55 am

Thanks, I will look into this. Actually this seems like something I would be very happy at.

I still cannot get over how relentless my former manager is being. Simply put, I cannot wrap my head around it.
I have to go to work today and I am dreading it.
I feel like I am walking into a war zone and being on the side of the losing team.

Bb
Lotus

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon May 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Do you have the time on your resume in which you were taking care of your mom. They just like to see that you weren't bumming around. If you put on there "family care taker for elderly mother" or something like that, it will show that you were very busy and couldn't work.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 12, 2009 5:36 pm

It also shows that you have dedication and loyalty... after all, people who are wiling to take the time off work to care for family, are unlikely to quit a job for spurious reasons... Especially if they plan on treating you like family (you know, abusing your good intentions, making you lake for "important engagements" and keeping you away from bad influences - like that hot guy at the Starbucks in the morning :lol: :roll: ](*,) )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Wed May 13, 2009 1:21 am

I think potential employers are okay about these things if you explain them. People tend to be sympathetic if it's a family situation. I know that my manager always says she chooses people on the basis of their retail experience but also what kind of person they seem like on their CV, and caring is definitely good. Maybe you should get out of retail for a while, and work with people? If you do tarot or runes, see what they suggest? or do one of those online career quizzes.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde