Cures

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Pisces

Cures

Post by Cyberkinetic » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:10 am

I hope this is the right spot to post such a thread.
I was wondering how do one protect themselves or defend themselves from a curse through symbolism and music? Oh yeah is it possible to reflect the curse back? I pretty much think so.[-o<
I am becoming more than what I thought I would ever become.

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Cures

Post by Max » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 am

Although I believe in the power of blessings/prayers (any other name) over distance, I don't believe in curses. Even though I think negative energies from people in your vicinity can make you feel down, I don't think this is the same as a planned attack through a curse. I can't even explain my feelings of why I don't believe in them - sorry! (perhaps it's a case of I choose not to believe in them as a protective measure hehe)

But if you and the person who cast the curse believe in them, then they would work through the power of suggestion. So, in this case:
Yes, I think it would be possible to reflect a curse but I wouldn't necessarily do it, if you believe in karma the negativity of a curse would be reflected back on the person who did it anyway. As for protection through symbolism and music, the possibilities are vast (though I hadn't really thought of music as a protective force before this post - so thanks) because I think it's more your intent behind what you use for protection that has the effect, rather than the medium.

Thanks for starting this discussion Cyberkinetic, it'll be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 am

Not to disempower Max's views, I will share my own.

I've seen curses manifest themselves as hooks in the body, as spirits latched on and causing harm, as great pits of darkness. A Shaman or an energy worker will take out the curse (if able - sometimes the person wants it there just as bad), heal the effects of it (for example, the hooks would be taken out, the holes left healed; or the spirit dislodged and send where it needs to go, etc), and then strengthen the field and its shields to not be susceptible, because if someone has thrown a curse at someone, they will probably keep doing it.

In a sense, we curse people every day. When you are so angry at someone, unless you have control of your field, you are sending daggers or hooks at them or similarly affecting their field. The only difference with a conscious curse is that a lot more energy has been put into it, and often spirits have become involved that can be dangerous.

Also, as Max hinted, belief has a lot to do with it, third-level, anyway. If you believe you are cursed, **** goes downhill from there, and you open your field to it. Your third level becomes very susceptible. I think curses are very third-level (by the way, third level is the level of the mind and mental processes).

I have seen people who have been cursed, and it honestly just bounces off. Their sense of self identity is so strong that they know their place in the universe and curses do not affect them.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:16 am

I've set wards to repel curses. I had an ex-friend who thought she was a stronger witch than she is...and was at the time blaming me fairly extensively for friendships of hers breaking down. Granted, I was involved, in an outside sort of way...as it was her spiteful gossiping about me and attempts to turn my siblings-in-spirit against me that lost her those friendships. The only mutual friend who talked to both of us warned me she had been doing some heavy badmouthing of me at the same time she was researching some fairly nasty curses. Since I come from an emotionally abusive family, I tend to have a fairly extensive personal shield system, but I decided "Better safe than sorry".

Anyways, to simplify the babbling, I erected a ward that was under the eaves of my house, and spread down the walls to the ground. I cleansed the house, and set the ward with salt and a witch's ladder. It was designed in my mind to be like a mirror. Negative energy sent towards me was basically bounced back. I grounded it into the foundation and allowed it to draw energy from the Earth, but every night before going to bed, I sent my energy out to re-enforce it's purpose.

She sent three that I could tell. Two bounced back, one made it in (Nightmare curse), but didn't stick strongly since I'm fairly good at lucid dreaming and have taken control of nightmares in the past. Hubby got po'd after that one hit, and HE re-enforced the mirror ward. After that, I couldn't get past the sense of his energy to see if anything hit. After she left the area, I let it drop and focused on my perimeter wards instead.

Now, I don't focus on curses when I lay wards, just negative energies, be they spirits, spells or even bad thoughts. I don't send curses, but I know ppl who believe in them and their belief will help it manifest to a point. I don't think they will get the full effect if you don't believe in curses...but something might happen.

As for music, I'm not sure. I don't work magic that way. I've met ppl who did, and maybe if I knew how to play my violin, I might consider it...but I don't.

Symbolism, I'd have to say, what do you mean specifically? Do you mean a talisman or medallion that is placed in the house? Or do you mean like runes drawn around the place? Wards or amulets? As for any of these, I'd have to say it depends on one's focus.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 am

Sorry, I forgot to put the bit in about sound and music!

Drums are VERY protective, and singing bowls can be great as well. Voice, though, is one tool that is always on you and has an incredible amount of power. Either through speech or toning or song, you can repel negative energy.

When I play my drum, I am protected. The energy field (like anything) is vibration, as is sound. As you raise the vibration, lower vibrations have a hard time slinking in. A good visualization for me was always my outer layer vibrating at such a frequency that negative energy was like beads bouncing off a vibrating cellphone.

Try toning. Sing your power song. Tone different notes, and sing the song of your soul. As always, though, asking your allies for help and protection and even healing is a great way to protect youself, even more so when you have a good relationship with them.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sìle » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:21 pm

Cyberkinetic wrote:I was wondering how do one protect themselves or defend themselves from a curse through symbolism and music?
It is possible, yes.
Cyberkinetic wrote:Oh yeah is it possible to reflect the curse back?
Absolutely. I've even done it myself. :-$ It does require a bit of detective work though. :-k

Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cyberkinetic » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Wow I have scammed through most of the post and it all was some amazing information and experiences and other great things. Well I can't wait to get back on to read all of this over again. I'm heading out to the mall to check out couple of books I want to buy. The reason I was asking this question was, this:
Okay the reason I had ask this question was. There could be Artist out there who do rituals when doing live performance through there dancing and there stage "Items or theme". Well rather its live or not. Your possibly asking how can this be. Well they can get us into a trance like hypnotic alter state of consciousness and put suggestions into your head, subliminal type virus messages. Then having you act in unusual ways you usually don't act in. Music, T.v.'s and other electronics are becoming mediums and magickal tools for attacks as well. Most people who understand Magick will agree upon this and people who understand how mind control works will as well agree upon this. All of this can start by intentions and energy= The Effect. Do watch out with what you listen to. My Step Dad all ways told me that music all ways mean something. And I am starting to understand.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:21 pm

I don't doubt any experiences you may have, and as a singer and theatre person, I know a bit about the shift in consciousness that can come with performing. I've even felt the energy raised at an outdoor concert and spoken to the River Guardian they woke! (Pittsburgh's Irish Festival last year had Gaelic Storm playing, as always, and they played a song from their new CD "What's the Rumpus?" called "Floating the Flambeau" with some improve elements that mixed in their other song "The Samurai Set". As the river was pretty much a stone's throw from the stage, it got some attention.)

However, I do not believe in mind control, esp. such remote mind control as you seem to be hinting at. Hypnotism doesn't even truly work to make someone do something they aren't pre-inclined to do. (Mythbusters...twice, I think they covered the subject...both times, myth busted.)

Do I believe ppl in the media are using misdirection, misinformation, and a type of prestidigitation to make their audience believe what they want them to believe? You bet your last nickle I do!

Do I believe that there's a subliminal message embedded into various musical cd's that's going to corrupt my thought processes into what they want? Hecks no!

Yes, music can be powerful. Yes, music can carry a message or even energy. No, it by itself cannot twist your mind to force you to do something you wouldn't naturally do. Can music help you trance in a way that would give a spirit a means to enter your mind or at least latch onto your energy enough to make suggestions? Yes. Are you helpless against them, even without complex defenses? No. Guides, Guardians, Gods, Helpers, loved ones, even your subconscious mind can help defend against such intrusions.

And Yes, someone can make the lyrics of a song and the music behind it into a spell or curse...but it doesn't mean that they're going to be able to take control of someone's mind in doing so.

Like I said, I'm not trying to say you're wrong, so much as saying in the realm of curses, it's BELIEF that makes the biggest difference. If you don't believe it will have that effect, it weakens the power cast. To be completely childish, remember the old refrain of "I'm rubber, you're glue"? Believe it or not, I know an energy worker who USES THAT as a personal ward against curses and energy drain type attacks.

Of course, my version of that is a little more dramatic. Basically, I use the imagery of the stage crew moving around behind the scenes in their black clothes, unseen, unheard, but moving the threads of the story all the same. Sometimes, I focus on my guide, the Great Horned Owl, and picture myself drifting silently and unseen through the darkness. Both are good defensive strategies; after all, you can't truly attack that which you cannot see, cannot hear, cannot find.

However, what works for one person won't always work for the next. You have to experiment and figure out what imagery comes to you as nearly second nature.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cyberkinetic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Kystar wrote:However, I do not believe in mind control, esp. such remote mind control as you seem to be hinting at. Hypnotism doesn't even truly work to make someone do something they aren't pre-inclined to do. (Mythbusters...twice, I think they covered the subject...both times, myth busted.)
I believe in mind control to a certain extent. I mean I don't believe some one can completely take control over you. But then again I do believe they can plot "Virus type of Suggestions" which can effect you and do as they attend to do. This can happen if your mind is at a certain state that is willing to allow suggestions. The subconscious even allow suggestions, that's why people use "affirmations" so it can be continually drilled into your head, especially the artist who uses "Curses" aka negative intentions and energy and the people who repeatedly listing to the same song with that "negative energy intention" in it.
Kystar wrote:Do I believe that there's a subliminal message embedded into various musical
cd's that's going to corrupt my thought processes into what they want? Hecks no!
Again if you play certain songs backwards you can here the messages within the song.
Kystar wrote:And Yes, someone can make the lyrics of a song and the music behind it into a spell or curse...but it doesn't mean that they're going to be able to take
control of someone's mind in doing so.
Your right about that, but most people who are easily manipulated this could happen to them.
Kystar wrote:Like I said, I'm not trying to say you're wrong, so much as saying in the realm of curses, it's BELIEF that makes the biggest difference. If you don't believe it will have that effect, it weakens the power cast. To be completely childish, remember the old refrain of "I'm rubber, you're glue"? Believe it or not, I know an energy worker who USES THAT as a personal ward against curses and energy drain type attacks.
I would have to agree with you on that one. But there are people who don't believe in curses and then again they do. So the ones who believe in curses they could get caught in the "Fish net" of it all. For the ones who are scared to walk pass a black cat, walk under a ladder, break a mirror or even split a pole. Society gets you to believe things on a lower level, I don't believe any of that stuff. I see it has no effect on me as you stated only if I "believe" which you were right. But then again there is people who believe in Curses. I will have to use that "I'm rubber your glue." It seems very useful.
Kystar wrote:Of course, my version of that is a little more dramatic. Basically, I use the
imagery of the stage crew moving around behind the scenes in their black clothes, unseen, unheard, but moving the threads of the story all the same. Sometimes, I focus on my guide, the Great Horned Owl, and picture myself drifting silently and unseen through the darkness. Both are good defensive strategies; after all, you can't truly attack that which you cannot see, cannot hear, cannot find.

However, what works for one person won't always work for the next. You have to
experiment and figure out what imagery comes to you as nearly second nature.
Wow never thought of it like that, Thanks for the tips and advice. :hug: