Heathcliff or Darcy?

Love to read? Share your books, ideas, thoughts, etc.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Heathcliff or Darcy?

Post by Dark Waters » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Kitsune wrote: As for the phrase... Unfortunately, I do not get the joke, although I get the feeling that I'll groan when you do explain it... #-o
It loses quite a bit in the explaination. I do not know if you watch sci-fi, but the old 70s-80s show, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, had in one of its later episodes a rather comedic moment. They had found a drifting ship full of psycho-kinetic midgets. They had only to think of something to make it happen - to off-think or to on-think. Well a running gag was that they wanted to "examine" Col. Wilma Dearing (Erin Gray) because she was unlike females on their planet - she had "bumps". In one scene they had her cornered and began to off-think her clothes.

Anyway, it came to mind because I just finished watching the series on DVD. And now I have exposed myself as a major geek, but it's all in fun.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Nope, I never watched Buck Rogers... I can't stand those old shows.

But I know that my husband giggles like mad whenever he actually gets to see them.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:19 am

In a way it really is kinda funny. But when we were younglings, they were so cool and hi-tech. But watching them again now and you really groan at the poor acting, the cheesy effects and the constantly reused stock footage. Heck I recognized some of the shuttles in Buck Rogers as the same ones they used in the original Battlestar Galactica. In fact I think they just reused the same footage, just changing the image on the bluescreen.

Still it goes back even further. The Stevens house on Bewitched was Dr. Bellows house on I Dream of Jeannie.

Sometimes it is fun to relive those memories.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.