Isis appearing in dreams?

All things wiccan...
Isis83
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Capricorn

Isis appearing in dreams?

Post by Isis83 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:02 am

Ok I am new as you see but I figured to ask if maybe someone understood it.

Ok I have these dreams of Egypt and being royalty(I even have a crown and princess Heather on my leg) this same dream has been happening since I was little. The name Isis always pops up in the dream and she when I see her is wearing a purple type robe/dress thing. The name recurred so much that if my oldest was a girl that was the name we had chosen. His name is Aden.

Does anyone know anything about reading dreams and such?

Also I have been studying Wicca and Paganism for about 2 years now and am wondering at what point could you consider yourself as one? I grew up Christian and I always heard that since I was born I was one. I never felt as if I belonged there but that may get you to understand exactly what I was asking. :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Re: Isis appearing in dreams?

Post by Kitsune » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:58 pm

I am reasonably good at interpreting dreams, but you haven't given me enough info to understand yet. Being Egyptian royalty could mean a lot of things, from dreams of what you wish you were, to dreams of past lives, to Isis herself choosing you and wanting you to worship her.

Since I also came to Paganism from Christianity, you are Pagan when you feel comfortable with the term. When you call out to your deity, and feel the strength they provide you, and when somebody asks what your religion is, and you feel uncomfortable or perhaps as though you're hiding something if you don't say Pagan, then you are.

You may only be steps onto your new road, but you will be Pagan at that point... At least in my opinion.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:31 pm

Kitsune is correct that there is not enough information to go on and that these dreams have many possible meanings.

When I had a dream of Thoth (Dehuti) it meant that he was calling for me. Good or bad that calling could be.
Isis (Aset) is also a healer and perhaps she is pointing out an area in your life that you need healed. Again all of this is dependent upon more information.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:36 am

I was not going to answer because when I had read this the first few times I had no clear vision. Dream interpretation is not my confidence unless I am able to read the person's energy. However, I'm getting a clearer sense now, and it's really just building on what the others have said.

Isis often talks about past lives, and to be honest, when I think past-life, I think Egypt, which is strange. Purple in many minds means royalty, but also psychicism. A crown of heather is symbolic because heather is a plant which stimulates the development of inner abilities as well as self-expression. It helps you to nourish the gifts inside of you and then to bring them to the world.

In my mind, this would perhaps be your mind relating and putting into visual form the calling to your path as well as a symbol of your own beauty and abilities which are growing. I have a feeling that past-life work with you may bring some healing as well, and that if you look into them, they will also probably show that you have held your beliefs long before this incarnation.

As for the term Pagan? I didn't actually start using it until a few years ago. You are what you are now, until you aren't. In essence a name means nothing. Follow what your heart tells and give what name you want, if you want to use a name. If you do not feel like it suits you, don't use it. If you feel you aren't ready, wait until you are. If you feel like it fits you but you're afraid you're not "Pagan enough," scrap that idea and embrace the idea that you are worth every imaginary bit of worth that a name has, and be proud! Live it up, and be proud! Honour yourself. Really listen to that phrase: HONOUR YOUR-SELF!! Don't be afraid to let that inner light shine!

Hmm. Twice now this week I've lectured about letting the inner light shine. Probably a message for me as well, but then every message anyone gives is for themselves as well, on some level.

Blessings to you and yours!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Isis83
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Isis83 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:15 am

Thank you all so much. To be more specific on the dream is I see Isis and she looks like she is talking to me but by the time I awake I don't remember what she has said and if I do I don't remember where I heard it from.

The rest is what the name means to me and I have even told people I was royalty in the past I just wasn't sure where.

I feel path is this and I am comfortable telling others. I feel I have belonged on this path for a very long time. I was always confused before but now I feel this is where I belong.

Thank you all for responding it means a lot.