Pagan libraries Irminsúl

Discussions of all things pagan and neo-pagan.
Ragnar

Pagan libraries Irminsúl

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:51 am

O.K. I have had an idea, which in this weather is strange....na, maybe just strange in general. :-D

The Irminsúl is to the Germanic tribes, the same as the totem pole is to the tribes of the Americas.

The family Irminsúl is a tree, or part of a tree, that is used like a familiy photo gallery, wish list.

On it go favourite photo's, or items that mean a lot to US. An eagles feather, or a dead frog, or...anything.

Now I am not suggesting you nail a dead toad to your computer, but may be photograph it, tell us why, etc. Photo's of things you enjoy doing, hobbys etc.

Basically a place to show off, if you want. :-" ;)

Eventualy we will have a Pagan liibrary cyber Irminsúl.

Lets see how it goes.

I will start with some of my recent escepades;

Frigga-Germania.

Both, me at Fehrbellin.

"Any one got a light?"

Wake me up when you got me more beer!

My patrol vehicle.

My MAIN patrol vehicle.

Me just before the Falklands.

My work place.

The Regimental colours.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Pagan libraries Irminsúl

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:32 am

Nice... I'll throw a few pictures of my altar up next. And maybe a few of my scenery photos... Unfortuneatly, I'm always the one behind the camera, so I never get pictures of me. I'll put up a few pictures of my handfasting though... You all deserve to see the dress and other details that I've been bugging you for years about! :-D :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Kitsune wrote: I'll put up a few pictures of my handfasting though... You all deserve to see the dress and other details that I've been bugging you for years about! :-D :lol:
I think that would be deserving of it's own thread. ;)

But that is the kind of thiong. a couple of your favourites here, and the bulk on a special thread just for that.

Photo's of alters are perfect. If you have a favourite picture of your totem animal, things like that.

Could even be the Canadian flag. Whatever you feel makes YOU.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:38 am

My favourite photo of my Totem is not mine... I'm afraid that I'll be infringing on copyright laws, but here is a link andhere and here, but the first is my favourite.

This is Chris and I, taken in a sappy moment. It is one of my favourites.

The power place on my path to 100-Mile where my family lives. Across from this grows sagebrush, which I always stop to collect.

My niece, during my last visit. She was so excited to see me that she wanted to dress up - this is actually my old christening dress. The crown is hers :P

This is the view and photo on my favourite hike, an uncharted trail up my old mountain. I took this after a few weeks Raw, and had one of the most amazing spiritual experiences of my life. I was sweaty, but I smelled like the forest, not like a person.

My niece a few years ago

and my old property. Don't be deceived! That mountain goes far higher than it looks! Easily a week's hike up and over, but on our side it was a 90%-100% gradient in many places. About halfway up the part you see, above one of the rocks, is where I took the view picture. On this mountain is also where I spoke with Raven, and they allowed me near their nest (it was in a rock cliff), and the spirits so graciously allowed me to enter on so many occasions, often calling me rather than waiting for my own prompting.

These are the photos that mean the most to me. Thanks, Ragnar, for making this topic.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:16 pm

Here we go!

This is my Altar... Lots of small bottles of crystals, my oil burner, and a few other things that I love.

This is my Pride and Joy... A 5" Phantom Quartz... completely natural...

This is the Deity Kokopelli (if I've spelt it correctly :oops: ) in a candle holder, that I received from my Favourite Crazy Healer Lady for Christmas...

This is a closer view of my Oil Burner... It's my absolute favourite!

I'm not very good at photography, but I do love taking pictures, so here's a few pics of the scenery around Calgary.

This is the view from just outside my home in the early morning (taken in Febuary, I believe)

This is one of our downtown city parks near my home in the winter.

Outside my home in Spring...

And the above mentioned city park at the begining of Summer... In the summer it has fountains and water running thoughout it... I walk past it every day, and I love it.

Well, I'm a camera hog, so I'll stop now... I could post tons of pictures... I can't stop taking them (although I sometimes wish I had more pictures of me... I have 600-800 pictures and only 4-5 that have me in them. :roll: )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 pm

They are ALL good. BUT the first twop of the city are GREAT.

I seem to get an "atmosphere" of them. Maybe part of the "spirit" of the place shows through.

Very nice shots.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:26 am

Aw, Kitsune! I love where you put Kokopelli! He looks great!

I also love the first two pictures. Maybe I shall put pics of my altars up as well.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks guys... I think Crazy is much better photographer though, your pics are gorgeous (mind you, I use my phone camera for everything and it shows :-D ). Kokopelli is up on my bookshelf, although I haven't gotten another chance to light the candle behind him since Febuary (new kittens, plus open fire... you do the math ](*,) ). The first two scenery pictures are actually why I got the camera phone... There are moments when the spirit takes over, and you can catch in on film if you're fast enough... And I live for those moments.

One day I hope to be able to buy a much better camera. My little camera is only a 3.2 mega pixel and only has digital zoom... I want one that's an 8 mega pixel and has 10x optical zoom as well as a further 10x digital zoom... Sigh. One day! doiknow:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:32 am

I have bought a potted Yew tree and a potted Oak.

I am going to ask the housing firm that owns our place if I can plant the Yew in the garden. I am going to plant the Oak in a protected area of forest that not many people know about, keeping careful note where it is for future refrence.

Both will serve as my Ygdrassyl (World tree" or Irminsúl.) As soon as I can find a safe place for the Oak, I will post photoi's here. The same goes for the Yew.

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Pagan libraries Irminsúl

Post by Sìle » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:03 pm