Lilithia Cryso

Love to read? Share your books, ideas, thoughts, etc.
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Lilithia Cryso

Post by Mahala » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 pm

I've been working on this in my spare time. It could 70-100 pages if I push it. The whole piece doesn't have a name yet, but most of the seperate 'chapters' do. I'm going to try and edit them all into one file eventually... I have them saved as segments. Leave comments on the blog or comment here, it's appreciated!

http://poisonedparadise-marziba.blogspot.com/

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Lilithia Cryso

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 pm

I'll have to read all of it later, it looks rather interesting though. One suggestion though, At the very begining when you have the guy talking about her fever breaking, the syntax and grammar used are indicative of a female, not a male speaking. Perhaps altering the single line about her fever breaking would fix it. Otherwise like I said, it looks like a rather interesting read. When I have a bit more time (and it's not time for sleep! :-D ), I'll look forward to reading the rest.

Keep up the great work! Have you gotten a chance to read the Drow handbook that the D&D gaming books came out with? If not, I'd suggest it, as it's an entire book dedicated to the life, times, myths and history of the drow. It could be really informative for your drow characters, although it looks like you've got the manerisms of a female drow down pat! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:22 pm

Yep yep! I've been planning to get that handbook for two weeks and payday is coming up so I should have it soon. Thanks for that tidbit, I try to edit stuff as best I can but I need to get a volunteer friend to read it.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:21 am

I'm always willing to read about D&D world stuff... Heck, I actually play the game, although I'd never play a drow... They have too many issues in Daylight, and well, you can't be in the dungeon all the time.

Heck, the book I'm writing about my Magical Cat girl is based on a character I played in a D&D game... She was a tibbit... basically a halfling that could turn into a housecat!

I own the handbook, it's brilliant. Definately awesome! Lots of good pics, and they finally explain why Drow are mostly comprised of hot women who wear the sluttiest clothes in the universe as casual wear! :-D

And even better, the answer actually makes sense! \:D/
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 pm

Aaargh... Working on Solanil's little 'vacation' right now. For those who aren't so into the herbal stuff, this is out of my notes for the chapter Heart and Sword Part Two. Said 'beans' or 'pods' that Drizzt is after are Calabar beans, named in the story as 'Savior's Beans' for the healing properties they have.

Atropa Belladonna or Deadly Nightshade

Physostigmine (Such as can be derived from the Calabar bean ) and Pilocarpine (Such as can be found/derived from plants of the Pilocarpus genus) will reverse and cure the effects of atropa belladonna poisoning.

In the story, the poison is not exactly atropa belladonna, it's an unknown mixture that Solanil prepared to tip elven arrows with, so as not to kill an enemy quickly but to keep them in a 'limbo' sickness until the elves could either get all the answers they needs out of the prisoner or convince them to become good. Left untreated, the poison will kill in 2-3 weeks, which depends on the poisoned person's original health.