Who would you trust more?

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!

Which thief would you trust more?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:51 pm

The first malefactor
100%
"The thief that stole heaven"
No votes

Total votes: 2

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:00 pm

DD - VERY good point there!!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

dragonflydrummer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by dragonflydrummer » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:13 pm

Thanks. I certainly never intended any offense to you Paganlight.
:notworthy:
The spirit abides immovable; it beholds the infernal monsters swarm down upon it, and does not fear. (Eliphas Levi -- The Sixth Hour)

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:11 am

*hugs* None taken, hun!
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:28 pm

My personal favourite is the e-bonics bible.
Featuring Jesus and his "boys"

Oh, I love transliteration.

Although having studied SOME Hebrew and Greek (Hello, my name is willow and I am a nerd) I could drag this on for a long time.
English as a language lacks the ability to say some things that Hebrew Greek and Aramaic say so elegantly, hence why interpretation is such a big issue.
(BTW, some,not an expert but I can always go dig out my dictionary)

Also, DD and Ragnar, you two are awesome, I need to have you all over for dinner with my family sometimes. I think you are two of the few people in the world who could keep up with my crazy family dinners / joke fests.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Green
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Green » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:17 pm

I like how the first one speaks his mind and poses a pertinent question.
If he spat it out derisively I'd think he might be a cocky self serving type that one obviously can't trust.
The second sounds to be quite the brown noser. I'm guessing that he could just be feeling a bit beaten by the latest of life's events and couldn't carry a lie to save his life. But probably couldn't keep a commitment either.
I have to agree I don't think either is trustworthy. Of course then again maybe they both are. We don't know enough about either one.
I love Nature and so as a reminder to myself...

"You must become the change you wish to see."
Ghandi

Green
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Green » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:25 pm

While I'm being long winded.
I think since everyone else has rewritten the bible Yoda should too. It would be far more entertaining. I always thought that the whole thee thy and thou were old English vernacular thrown in by the king james schollars. If this is not the case... HOLY FLUFF.

Ghandi

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:48 am

Green wrote: I always thought that the whole thee thy and thou were old English vernacular thrown in by the king james schollars.
It is. But German and Swedish still have them still today. Du = thou, Dein = thine, etc

Sie = you, Sein = yours.

Swedish is Du and Ni.

Thanks for digging this old threrad out. I wonder what ever happened to Dragonfly drummer, Runewolf, Paganlight etc?

I know what happened to Andy. hex: outtahere: :lol: :lol:

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:04 am

Green reads LFG and therefore I love him. Her.

(For Pony!)
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Green
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Green » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks windwalker

LFG is hilarious

Ghandi

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:01 pm

Actually, Paganlight was on not too long ago... She only stayed for a week or so though. :-(

She commented that she thought my Avatar was awesome, and that's why I remember. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Labrys » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:24 pm

dragonflydrummer wrote:Andy proselytizes:
You are confused, and need to research into christian bibles.

The bible has been translated into thousnads of languages around the world, but for thoughts who dont understand the 'thous' etc there are bibles written in modern english.
So many to choose from, and so many shades of meaning --wondering am I which Bible the real one is?

:albino:
No longer caring which Bible is the "real" one. But that is just me, of course. Always find myself wondering why the Bible gets so much discussion on pagan message boards...
Sounds like undulant rhetoric to me!
Remember the Fallen: http://www.walkofthefallen.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Because Pagans can't say we're open minded if we know absolutely nothing about another religion. Personally, simply hearing about a religion that I don't know much about sends me looking for ways to understand it better... Even Christianity.

The second reason, being that many fundies come on, hoping to "find out" about us, and then spend the next month getting frustrated when we say "Thanks but no thanks... I'm happier here." even when confronted with the "truth" of their words. :roll:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:37 am

Labrys wrote: Always find myself wondering why the Bible gets so much discussion on pagan message boards...
Know your enemy.

Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Labrys » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:51 am

Kitsune wrote:Because Pagans can't say we're open minded if we know absolutely nothing about another religion. Personally, simply hearing about a religion that I don't know much about sends me looking for ways to understand it better... Even Christianity.

The second reason, being that many fundies come on, hoping to "find out" about us, and then spend the next month getting frustrated when we say "Thanks but no thanks... I'm happier here." even when confronted with the "truth" of their words. :roll:
Maybe it is an age thing, then? See, I DO know a lot about several other religions---I was a member of one once (Catholic) and I worked for a Prof in Religious Philosophy as a tutor till I thought my eyes would pop out from hammering the stuff into certain heads. So, I guess, I am just old enough to be bored by it.

Especially with the "missionary" sorts who visit pagan boards.
Sounds like undulant rhetoric to me!
Remember the Fallen: http://www.walkofthefallen.com

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:57 am

Labrys wrote: Especially with the "missionary" sorts who visit pagan boards.
:love4: :love4: :love4:

Have not had one for ages. :-?

I think they normaly find we are too good for them. :lol: