Get in Fast!

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Get in Fast!

Post by white_harmony » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:07 pm

I don't know how long they'll keep this video up ... So if you've ever wanted to see Tom Cruise in all his Scientology glory ... Here he is, in an Indoctrination video the scientologists really don't want you to see, and are tearing down off the internet fast as they find sources.

If this is an Indoctrination video ... One would assume he'd say something useful, or actually complete a sentence :roll: And yet, somehow, hes managed to convert millions and millions of people ... Yeah ... Right. #-o

http://defamer.com/344987/the-tom-cruis ... you-to-see
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:48 pm

Umm, I must be missing something, WTF is Scientology? I've been to busy to even read my Animal SPeak book, so what'd I miss?
I'mm kinda lost.
Is Tom Cruise on Drugs now? I swear he's doped up in this interveiw. He makes no sense.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:34 pm

*scratches head*

Ummmm, ok, I did not really understand one word he was babbling.
My SO. playing his video game looked over and was like, "he is just repeating himself."

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:35 am

For all those who want a dictionary to scientology and their babble go here:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/ksw1.html

What I find funny is they actually have an acronym for Suppressive Person, WHAT? they use the term that much they need an acronym for it.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:10 am

There's a South Park episode on scientology. They describe some of the beliefs. During this, down the bottom of the screen the words "This is what scientologists actually believe!" flash.

Apparently the church of scientology pressed Isaac Hayes to quit south park because of the episode. (Isaac Hayes is a member of the church.)

I think it's creepy.

They mentioned that video on the news tonight. One of the news readers said "I used to really like him...." afterwards.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:33 am

Episode 912:

http://southpark.comedycentral.com/vide ... eId=103804
(3rd clip)

Oh, and yes, Isaac Hayes quit Southpark after this episode.........Strange that you can make fun of others(Buddha, Jezus, Mozes, Muhammed) but not of your own faith. Well, so did Trey Parker and Matt Stone (the creators) think.

So, as good sports, in Episode 1001 Chef was: struck by lightning, set on fire, fell down a cliff and was pierced by a tree at the bottom, got attacked by a mountain lion and mauled by a grizzly bear.

(and who said they didn't have a sense of humor 8-) )
/|\

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:53 am

Jeez.... They LOCK PEOPLE UP against their will. For indeterminate amounts of time. And they make you sign a release when you join so that they can do this to you. And one person DIED in their care when they did this.

Holy crap! How do these people get away with this?! Any religion you have to sign a contract to join is NOT a safe religion!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:23 am

The German view on it from my work web site;

http://www.verfassungsschutz.de/en/en_f ... ientology/

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:53 pm

It sounds like an Organization kinda like David Koresh, Waco, TX they jsut found something other then God to worship. And here I thought Christians were nuts LOL.
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:01 pm

I can honour his enthusiasm, but...
Windwalker wrote: And one person DIED in their care when they did this.
According to the vids and research I have seen/read.... far more than one. :cry: Some very, VERY bad things I have seen as a result of Scientology...

"We're here to help!"
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 am

If you're not playing for our team then get out of the stadium....are they kidding? Are they really gonna off 98% of the worlds population?!? 0_o

Bad actor + scary fundy + cradle robber = stop talking, you were cuter before....just...before.

Risky bussiness, this. 8-)

I'm concerned, really, anybody remember Waco? I lost family friends in that hoo haa. No one thought it would happen like that, no one thinks this is going any where either.

On a lighter note, I think all those with kids should keep an eye on the kool-aid stash. ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:07 am

Umm, this esems so Narcissistic it is unbelievable.

I also like Stephen Colberts discussion of Scientologists in a segment on the Daily show called "this week in God".

anyway, I prefer Tommy in his fighter jets, I try not to think of him as any other way.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)