How can anyone SAY that?!?!

Welcome to Fundies! Here you can discuss, vent about, or bash fundamentalists of all persuasions. That means pagan fundies, too.
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

How can anyone SAY that?!?!

Post by Mahala » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:10 pm

Disgusting, absolutely horrifying and completely, utterly, BULL****.

http://209.85.165.104/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8

I won't say anything more, because I'd end up saying something very, very bad for a kid my age.

:roll: Shame on them.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:49 pm

I just love the one where the Christian student was so shocked that he could not torment the Wiccan student.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:38 am

Omg, FSTDT! I'd forgotten ALL ABOUT you! Aww, the happy nights I spent wiling away reading your horrific and hilarious quotations... happy times! **sniff** :-D
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 am

Oh, my.... I was laughing at the seemingly satirical one about the woman telling her son that he was going to go to hell for being gay, it has priceless lines like "I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs)."

I mean, seriously, that just SMACKS of satire.

And then at the bottom of that entry is a link that says "the son eventually took his own life".

:-( That's not funny.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:57 am

I actually was wondering if it was satire reading, that first one...

I cannot imagine having the horrible trouble of being gay and having Fundie parents. I think I'd ditch them around 8 years old and join a travelling circus, whether I was gay or not.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

fatale
Level 3
Level 3

Post by fatale » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:13 am

I visit this page regulary and also check the links to the quotes. First I thought, this all must be a big bad joke, but it's not!
It's scary how many people would like to put us all back to the middle ages.
Women blaming women for getting raped, men excusing rape by saying the victim was dressed provocitively, people actually believing in a "flat earth".
It's scary and sad.
While I believe everybody should chose their religion and believes for themself, I would still like to "enlighten" these people! Though, some try but don't get their message through! :( I feel sorry for these people and especially their children! :(

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:33 am

I particularly love the one where gravity is a result of sin. I am, I fear at an utter loss. Yes, I know that my belief in magick could be discribed as strange, but at least that is based upon the unprovable. Some of these quotes are no less that TERRIFYING! Oh yes, and the one about the mentally handicapped girl being as a leper, and being the way she was because she sinned in the womb? I feel any vestige of tolerance slipping away........

I will keep thinking about reasonable Christians that I have known. I will keep thinking and thinking and thinking........ because clearly these people are not.
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:16 am

Personally, I want to know what SINS a baby IN THE WOMB can commit...since the way I was taught, you have to CHOOSE to do wrong for it to be a sin.

And, for your reading pleasure: An educated rebuttal to the madness posted before

http://leftofzen.com/quotes-atheism/2008/01/14/

Found this lovely little gem on Digg...not to say I agree with everything...but they make a good case against organized religions...which is one of my sticking points.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Personally, I want to know what SINS a baby IN THE WOMB can commit...since the way I was taught, you have to CHOOSE to do wrong for it to be a sin.
Ahhh, mon ami, you were not raised Catholic! Original Sin has tainted each and every soul - we are cursed to damnation in the Lake of Fire unless we are baptized, and then follow strict rules - although, you are allowed "Indulgences" depending on how much you read your Catholic bible and donate to the Church.

The frightening things I read about the souls of unbaptized babies freaked me out endlessly as a child... Had anyone here seen Trainspotting? Do you remember the baby on the ceiling?? Yeah.... Freakier than that
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Actually, I was raised Byzantine Catholic...and I remember the Original Sin thing now...but I was always confused by that...b/c they talked about the "Innocent soul taken before his time" when a little boy died in a car accident...how he was "pure and was to be welcomed by angels".

Then they turned around and told us we were evil.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have a love-hate relationship with Catholicism. On the one hand, it smacks of Paganism. On the other, it breeds incredible blockages of life path and energy. There is something very... nostalgic about the ritualized prayers and incense.

And the confliction of an innocent soul that has so obviously been tainted with Original Sin, in which p****-whipped Adam partook willingly, but Eve gets the blame!

Although I am fascinated with the Original Sin story, and am convinced it is a parable for our own casting away from the Divine. And have you noticed, when God is angry at Adam and Eve for eating the fruits, he says, "Genesis 3:22 And he said: Behold Adam is become as one of us, knowing good and evil: now, therefore, lest perhaps he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. "
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Yeah, can't have you reaching Enlightenment and becoming divine in your own right! Gotta crawl for the power-trips.

My Mom once told me that cramps and stuff was Women's punishment for Eve...to which I countered that God should have taken into account her innate curiosity and put the tree some where else then! After all, didn't he MAKE her? But I digress.

When asked about cramps/women's menstrual issues now, I say it's the Goddesses' way of testing if we're strong enough for children...and those that HAVE kids, I say it's the Goddesses' way of reminding us we're not that old yet.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:06 am

I know, how horrible! If I have learned anything, it's that cramps and other issues are ten times worse when you are blocking free energy to that area, plaguing it with guilt and shame. I could take that as another parable, that when we "cast ourselves out" we fill ourselves with shame that cause such, but it is 6am and I'm still, urg.

That is an amazing way to put it, Kystar! And that always bothered me terribly that this was to be Woman's "punishment." Obviously the wave of painfree births that have been happening the last few decades are a work of the devil!

I was completely free of any discomfort menstrually for a long time, and I credit that to having a good energy flow and clearing away a lot of the shame and guilt. All there was, was a slight tension occasionally, like when you stretch in the morning. Then I made a decision that is needed but kind of really sucks on a few levels. Now I am ready to kill myself every month, but the plus side is that I can finally relate to women who feel like they're dying and can prescribe what worked for me and hope it does for them too. Did I mention cramp bark, calcium, raspberry leaf, and manesium all together mega-dosed is a life saver when it's so bad even heavy, heavy doses of IBU Profen and tylenol together won't work?
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:06 am

I am on another web site where this EXACT link has been posted. Same day as well.

Now is that a coincidence or Is Mahala also known as "Kawasaki"?

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Kawasaki? No such name.... I can tell you exactly who and where I am on the internet, but that's MY information, yaryar... Although I will say I spend a chunk of time on Horse Grooming Supplies anonymously.

;)

But I just honestly. Sinning in the womb? Crazy people... and they clal pagans wackos when they believe in magick.