Confusion re: Xtians

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 pm

And he still hasn't answered my questions.

Ah yes, now just WHY do I recognise this pattern?

BornoftheEarth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BornoftheEarth » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:41 pm

I just assumed that pagans, like every single religion in the world (except Scientology), liked the idea of sharing their faith. Maybe if you treat everyone curious person like you've treated me, the world will continue to be alienated by you.
I think that there is probably a difference between a curious person who hasnt found their path and a curious person who has. As with you, you know your path and have shown that you are strong with the faith that it is right for you and thats awesome. But therein lies the difference. To a curious person who doesnt know where they stand spiritually, they might need info to help them on their way. To a person who is already set on their path, in this case one that is usually in conflict with the paths that we lead, the question that springs to the mind is(to me at least) "Why does this person give a hoot about what we think". To me, it seems like you just wanna stir up trouble. Sometimes we do enjoy "sharing our faith", but only with those who actually care to listen with respect. Sharing it with someone who is only going to use it as fodder for a fight is not something I think any of us look forward to.
Odin, guide our ships,
our axes, spears and swords!
Guide us through storms that whip
and in brutal war!

-Amon Amarth-

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by iriseyes » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:35 am

Kystar wrote:iriseyes, did you add that line about a child afraid of the devil? It was embedded in my quote, but I didn't write anything about that. I'm confused!?
Yes, I quoted you then added my response.. I know a 6 year old that is horrifically terrified of the Devil.

Sorry if I confused anyone. :-? :-?

After reading this thread, I know I have came to the right place and have chosen my right path..

Sorry Graver it is people like you that caused me to turn my back on Christianity and follow this new path that I am on. For this path is full of love, honor, and a BIG respect for nature.. And you should go to the main page and read the articles.. FOR THEY ARE WONDERFUL.
Last edited by iriseyes on Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
To thine own self be true.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:41 am

Try to make sure additions to a quote are outside the [ quote ][ /quote ] tags, it's less confusing.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6

Post by iriseyes » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 am

Kystar wrote:Try to make sure additions to a quote are outside the [ quote ][ /quote ] tags, it's less confusing.
Ya, I just noticed I did that.. Sorry..

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:49 am

No prob...just helping you out.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:36 am

I have put it right as I understand it. If I got it wrong please see me! :-D

Hope you find that to your approval Iriseyes? 8-)

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6

Post by iriseyes » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:32 am

Ragnar wrote:I have put it right as I understand it. If I got it wrong please see me! :-D

I love the start page.. However I didn't know it existed.. cause I fell right in the message board..

I clicked a link that someone posted and started reading.. (But Im always reading something weather it be from the Celtic Connection to hear to other places as well.. I normally have about 6 tabs open, for I am here for knowledge and have a scrap book of articles and things I have found that touch my soul.

My only fear is that Im going to find some junk, but I think in my heart I can feel what is for me and what is not.

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6

Post by iriseyes » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:34 am

Ragnar wrote:I have put it right as I understand it. If I got it wrong please see me! :-D

APPROVED :-D

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:16 pm

maybe when people are signing up for the PL we can ask what religion they are and put fundie down, maybe they'll hit that and they then can be denied.

Ragnar your not wrong at all, I just read all 4 pages and he was being a punk trying to be condesending while acting like the innocent christian.

Graver, Here's something for you, If you want to quote the bible lets quote the bible, Thou Shalt not Judge me for you are not GOD, (hmm I think I've used that before but hey it works) So Graver, if by chance you want to continue spouting bible verses we can go all day, I've read the bible, I was a christian and I was even babtised in the Christian church, As for us sinning, well in MY church (when I went to church) I was raised to believe that Jesus Christ Died for our sins, so if we divate even a little then we will be forgiven, it is called REDEMPTION, that means if there was a heaven if I died tomorrow and went to heaven they would let me in even though I am a sinner cause I am not a christian anymore.

I believe that Pagans are better people anyway, at least we actually do something besides go tell everyone your going to Hell cause you don't whorship the same god you do.. And on that Note, does that mean all the Buddist and Jews and Hindues are going to Hell? Hinduism has been around longer then Christianity, but your more tolerent of them.,... Why? they whorship more then one god don't they? no realy don't they anyone?

So as far as I am concerned, your a misqueto bite that is itching, if I scratch you will you go away.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

BornoftheEarth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BornoftheEarth » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:28 pm

SageWolf wrote:And on that Note, does that mean all the Buddist and Jews and Hindues are going to Hell? Hinduism has been around longer then Christianity, but your more tolerent of them.,... Why? they whorship more then one god don't they? no realy don't they anyone?
I think that those of us who are not of Semitic descent have nothing to fear of the Christian "Hell". Nor do we have to fear from "original sin", as we are not of Adam and Eve's lineage and thus, not of their tribe. The bible tells the story of those people, not all people. I even found an article here on the site that lays the whole thing out. I mean, even the bible, which is never wrong, backs up the whole story.

http://www.paganlibrary.com/fundies/other_people.php
Odin, guide our ships,
our axes, spears and swords!
Guide us through storms that whip
and in brutal war!

-Amon Amarth-

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:56 pm

So let me ask you Graver what is it about Pagans that burns you the most? is it the fact that oh 85% of us were born and raised Christian and decided to follow a different path? or is it something else? anywayy, last reply this this BS, I'm too tired I'm going to bed where I have my awesome husband waiting on me.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:59 am

BornoftheEarth wrote:I even found an article here on the site that lays the whole thing out. I mean, even the bible, which is never wrong, backs up the whole story.
I LOVE that story :-D I don't look middle-eastern by any stretch of the imagination. I have blonde hair, fair skin and blue eyes...when I go to Finland I blend right in, so I look more Scandinavian than I do Welsh! With such Northern European looks, it's hard to believe I could have had any Semitic ancestors, so the Fall definitely doesn't apply to me. I'm definitely one of the Others and proud :-D
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:40 am

Ok I have to apologize to Graver, He caught me in a bad mood and I took it sorta out on him, When you act fundish and me in a bad mood is not a very good combo, I don't mind answering questions as anyone else on this board but when you refuse to listen or spout your beliefs and critisize us for ours, it tends to tick me off more, We all spout our beliefs on this board, but we also say that this is our belief, we don't say my way is the right way, To me my way is the right way for me, but not for anyone else. So now I am apologizing to you for being ermmm, not so nice, I can't say what I was being cause this is a G rated board, but you get the gist I hope.

I don't mind if you post or whatnot, but please please understand, try to be less fundieish, try to be more open minded. Thank you

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Graver
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graver » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 am

First off, I'd like to apologize for the claims I made against this staff. They were made out of frustration and anger, two things that should never be present while posting.

I'm going to reply down the list:

Jessica:
I've also seen for myself the webpages for Christians on "witnessing to Pagans" where Christians have drawn Pagans out on their beliefs just so they have a better understanding of the Pagan mind to try and convert them.
I think that's a method used to spread try and convert people to Christianity. I think (from a Christian standpoint) it has some validity, but its not the best way and those targeted who see its use will either be converted or even more turned off to Christianity than before, with those two results being badly tilted in one direction. I'm not here to do this, although I don't blame people for not believing me. Don't get me wrong, if any one of you (much less all of you) decided to give your heart to the Lord, I'd be thrilled to no end! But that's not why I'm here. I'm guessing that this response isn't going to win me any brownie points... that's OK. At least I'm being honest, right?

Forgotten Oceans:
Are you doubting your faith in the God of Abraham? It seems to me you're looking for a reason to stay with your current faith, you're trying to convince yourself that all others are wrong and that you're fine where you are.
No. The reason I'm here is because I'm curious about how you believe the way you do. I'd have to be an A+ idiot to abandon my faith, considering what its been through. I just want to abolish my ignorance of paganism and I've always preferred listening to individuals speak about their religion, rather than reading P.C. and galvanized articles and books about the subject. Thus, I am here.

Windwalker:
Those articles will tell you more than we can.
I find that to be a sad statement. Why would some article know more about your own beliefs than you do? I don't think it can! If you don't know your own beliefs, then they're not your beliefs; they're someone Else's.

Ragnar:
And he still hasn't answered my questions.

Ah yes, now just WHY do I recognise this pattern?
Lemme go back and find said questions... I assume you mean these:
You have condemned a large majority of the earths population to what you describe as "Hell". Hows THAT for starters?

And you do not know what my belief is. So how do you know?
I stated my beliefs, which I will never apologize for. Yes, I believe that those who do not accept Christ as their savior will be denied access to Heaven. Sorry that there's no sugar-coating on that. It has nothing to do with your religion, since that statement applies to every atheist, monotheist, and polytheist that hasn't accepted Christ. There are countless "Christians" who are not going to Heaven because they've just gone through the motions and haven't truly accepted Christ.

BotE:
To a person who is already set on their path, in this case one that is usually in conflict with the paths that we lead, the question that springs to the mind is(to me at least) "Why does this person give a hoot about what we think". To me, it seems like you just wanna stir up trouble. Sometimes we do enjoy "sharing our faith", but only with those who actually care to listen with respect.
Why? Because you're all human beings and have beliefs that I know little about. I enjoy studying other beliefs, especially when I can actually discuss it with a human being and not just read some 10xEdited+20xRevised article about the subject.

If you go over to the thread I made asking for people to share, you'll see that when people to state their beliefs, I am nothing but respectful. The only time I am anything else is when people start accusing me of dishonesty (and one time when a claim was made that I thought was false, and was then proven that I was wrong... that still smarts!) or legitimately stir up debate.

iriseyes:
Sorry Graver it is people like you that caused me to turn my back on Christianity
I'm sorry.

Sagewolf:
Graver, Here's something for you, If you want to quote the bible lets quote the bible, Thou Shalt not Judge me for you are not GOD, (hmm I think I've used that before but hey it works) So Graver, if by chance you want to continue spouting bible verses we can go all day, I've read the bible, I was a christian and I was even babtised in the Christian church, As for us sinning, well in MY church (when I went to church) I was raised to believe that Jesus Christ Died for our sins, so if we divate even a little then we will be forgiven, it is called REDEMPTION, that means if there was a heaven if I died tomorrow and went to heaven they would let me in even though I am a sinner cause I am not a christian anymore.
I've never claimed that I can judge any individuals state of salvation.

There are two different scholarly views on that subject. Some believe that if you've received Salvation and then later denied Christ, that your salvation is revoked (there's a scripture to back this, but I don't know where it is). The other side uses the same Scripture but believes that it means that the only way you can deny Christ is to NEVER accept his salvation. So it doesn't matter if you've supposedly lost your faith after you were saved. Saved is saved, sin is sin.
And on that Note, does that mean all the Buddist and Jews and Hindues are going to Hell?
Yes.
Hinduism has been around longer then Christianity, but your more tolerent of them.,... Why? they whorship more then one god don't they? no realy don't they anyone?
I'm no less tolerant of the Hindu people than I am of pagans. If I perceived a Hindu of flaming me on a message board, I'd get just as ticked off as I did when I perceived a Pagan of doing it. Historically, Christians haven't been intolerant of Hindus because we haven't been exposed to Hindus. We had Muslims to the South and East, and Pagans to the North and West. We didn't have time or access for Hindus. I'm sure we could have fit in some intolerance in there, somewhere.

Sagewolf:
Ok I have to apologize to Graver, He caught me in a bad mood and I took it sorta out on him, When you act fundish and me in a bad mood is not a very good combo, I don't mind answering questions as anyone else on this board but when you refuse to listen or spout your beliefs and critisize us for ours, it tends to tick me off more, We all spout our beliefs on this board, but we also say that this is our belief, we don't say my way is the right way, To me my way is the right way for me, but not for anyone else. So now I am apologizing to you for being ermmm, not so nice, I can't say what I was being cause this is a G rated board, but you get the gist I hope.

I don't mind if you post or whatnot, but please please understand, try to be less fundieish, try to be more open minded. Thank you

SageWolf
I think the problem is that my beliefs concerns yours. So, when I do share the aspects of my beliefs that is disagreeable with paganism, its perceived as an attack on your belief. I can understand that, but I can't change my belief just because it makes people angry. But, as such, I don't think you really have anything to apologize for. I spoke out of anger too, so I think we might be on a similar level of fault.

Apology accepted, returned, and very much appreciated.
Maybe not?