Visions of Sugarplums

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:57 am

**hugs forgotten oceans for being of a like mind**

Ragnar, that story reminded me of something I discovered via a calendar in the fantasy section of the book shop.....

"Hogfather" is now a movie. I am unsure whether to laugh or cry.

Happy notes: Sir David Jason as Albert, and Tony Robinson as Vernon Crumly.

Sad note: I was really hoping that if there was a Discworld movie, Christopher Lee (may he speak in echoey rooms for evermore) would do Death's voice, like in the cartoons, but alas no. Instead Ian Richardson is doing Death's voice. I'm not sure I know him, and remain mildly skeptical.

Interesting note: the guy playing the Dean looks exactly like the Paul Kidby illustrations of the Dean. It's almost creepy, and very awesome.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:16 am

Sad note: I was really hoping that if there was a Discworld movie, Christopher Lee (may he speak in echoey rooms for evermore) would do Death's voice, like in the cartoons, but alas no. Instead Ian Richardson is doing Death's voice. I'm not sure I know him, and remain mildly skeptical.

I hoped Christopher Lee would be doing Death's voice as well, but Ian Richardson is cool by me. He was Lord Groan in the BBC's Millennium adaptation of Gormenghast and he was brilliantly creepy and insane in that. I'm sure he can carry off Death.

I can't wait to see Hogfather, I really loved the book, so I hope they've done a good job!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:27 pm

=D> Both stories are touching in their own ways and greatly appreciated. =D>
:-D Thank you for sharing.

I always cry when the Grinch's heart grows 2 sizes bigger. :lol:
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:42 pm

Thank you for that story Kitsune. Sometimes we get so into the Pagan "thing" that we forget the pagan spirit and the heart behind it all.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:14 am

I find it ironic that that is what the christians are saying about their perversion of the holiday as well.

BUT they are blaming US for it. #-o :lol:

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:27 am

Ragnar wrote:I find it ironic that that is what the christians are saying about their perversion of the holiday as well.

BUT they are blaming US for it. #-o :lol:
Agree with you there, Ragnar! Had enough of Christians blaming 'pagan influences' for the rise of secularism! Bonkers!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men