Not chosing cristianity

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:31 pm

So true Kitsune, so true.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:44 pm

He may also ask why people on a Pagan/Heathen web site should think the desert hippy was significant enough to waste their time and thought on.

This is the fool that tells us suppossedly, that he is all powerful. Then why does he not correct these, so called "missinterpretations"?

A) he is full of of bollocks.

B) He totaly agrees with the way the big christian book of comedy is being interepreted.

Any way who cares? If I wanted to talk about idiots like "jesus" I would go to a christian web site. It is just totaly irrelevant to us. THATS why we are Pagan/Heathen and NOT christian. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:14 am

There are two Jesuses, in my opinon.

The Xian Jesus, the mangod they glorify and kill and die in the name of

and the Jesus who loved and healed. I don't believe a word in the bible. It was not Jesus speaking. From channelling I believe he was much like the Buddha.

I don't believe he was all-powerful. I believe he reached enlightenment and is a role model to me as a healer. He and Mary and the Buddha, although I do not work with the Buddha.

I think this form of Jesus can very much be a part of Paganism. The Xian, patriarchal ba****d the church portrays has no place in my mind.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:29 am

I have moved this to alternative religion. As discussions of a christian figure do not fit on Paganism.

HappySoup
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HappySoup » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:21 am

CHL said
Anyway, it was a huge huge tug and definitely a "Re-Learning." This is all information I knew before. I just am relearning it.
Its funny, cause that's how i feel also... and these little things mentioned in life will just pop from fiction, and stand out against the rest of everything.. And i will take more it to heart, like when someone reminds you of an old memory you forgot. I found the media helpful for this, and I was OBSESSED with witches for ages. I knew these movies or books and etc were make belief... but there were images or lines that made me twinge with nostalgia.

I was christian because that's what i was, and as a kid it meant no more to me than the pair of pants i wore to school - much less in fact, i recall. So i went to church when my mom went to church, and i sat and stood with everyone else and listened to the monotonous rhythms passively and i sang along and hated that i couldn't hear myself but to this day i can't remember the words it was all detached noise.

I never really understood the call to Christianity until recently, so never understood the power of true belief or understanding to be connected with religion! religion was just what you were, to me as a kid, like a last name it said what label, like a street or neighborhood, your family fell under.

For a while in early elementary school i started to tell people i was a witch, and told them all about what witchcraft was and WASN'T. This was squashed quickly after my friends stopped hanging out with me, and one told me it was because i was poisonous and going to hell. So i admitted my lie and said i just study them (witches)!!! But all of those lessons and descriptions were all made up in my head.

Imagine my dismay when my family got the Internet and i found this whole religion relating to the very things i was making up a few years earlier. I quickly traded Christianity for another religion, Wicca... which soon after i gave up in search of that truth and wholeness which didn't exist for me in learning what i don't feel but does exist in learning what i do feel. I labeled myself as having my own religion, now i say I'm finding it.

Elizabeth

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Not quite the same path I followed...

But certainly a similar story for most of us.

Here Here! Lets toast the ability to feel the divine, worship how we want, to create our own form of worship, and to get something out of being ourselves!

=D> =D> =D> =D>

And let's hope it keeps getting better.

[-o< [-o< [-o<
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:31 am

Here, here! I'll toast to that. Our religions are still largely persecuted, but we are no longer burned, stoned to death, or hung in many regions! Many of us are safe, and that's something to toast to.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

VoudunLady25
Level 2
Level 2

Post by VoudunLady25 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Good for you, Happy Soup! I'm looking into converting to Wicca as well, but I don't think I'm ready because I'm still connected to Xtianity somehow. My church experiences weren't so negative. I was always happy and my Baptist faith always expresses the love of Jesus and how a powerful influence he is in our lives. We don't really focus on the dominanating part of Jesus. God, I LOVE JESUS. But I also love the Goddess..

So, good for you with finding your true path!
Religion is like going to McDonald's. Why should I be enemies with you because you choose to walk and I choose to drive?

"Behind every great tyrant is God.."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:50 pm

They can go hand in hand, really, if you filter out the dogma.
Crazy Healer Lady

Rev. Asher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rev. Asher » Sun May 21, 2006 2:49 pm

I was raised christian and eventually went to presbyterian. I think my transition to paganism really started when I was young. I would always love to take walks in the woods near our house, would be able to walk right up to deer and other animals. I had an extremely close connection to nature.

When I started going to church with our neighbors I was too young to understand what God was.

When I continued to go throughout junior high.. well I started seeing things in a different light. How woman were portrayed in the Bible really upset me. Not to mention how many times the thing has been rewritten. I just found so many inconsistancies that it really bothered me. I began looking for something different when I was 12. And now ten years later... I'm a Wiccan Priestess. I just couldn't understand why all the bad things in my life were happening... they just do. There's no God up there saying you must suffer. The Gods to me are mothers and fathers. Hell if I scraped my knee when I was growing up my mom cleaned it and told me to be more careful.. she didn't tell me I scraped my knee because God wanted me to.

Paganism was a way that explained the world to me. Things happen because they do, they are experiences to teach us, not because some God said, "You've been naughty, you must suffer for your naughtiness."

That's my story....