Not chosing cristianity

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:17 am

Don't get me started on that guy...

May I ask why you think of him when you read my post? I am looking for the connection but don't see it. :oops: Maybe I'm just way too overtired.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Sounds like an atheist, that cant handle his notions to be wrong
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:24 pm

May I ask why you think of him when you read my post?

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:"The way he described Satan it made me realize what I believe evil to be: Lack of Divine. It's not "evil" but is so far away from Great Mystery that it can feel that there is no Divine in it, ..... evil is not "evil" but so far away from the Divine that it cannot be detected by us limited beings. "
I always had the feeling that was where this Rudi(?) character is trying to bring us. Along with most "psychic scientists". He just seems to be the main one in view.

What they are in effect trying to do is destroy peoples whole belief system.

To me THAT is one of the worst "evil" things any one CAN do.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:42 am

Ahh I see now what you mean!

Yes these characters remind me of a troll we had at one of my message boards. He was basically "yelling" at us to prove Reiki scientifically and calling us names and that we are a cult, yadda yadda. He referred us to this man with the prize if we could prove Reiki many many times.

I wonder, how many athiests have you wonderful people met that admit that there is something there, but, because they cannot understand, do not associate, and so call themselves athiests? Or are athiests because they are angry at deities, in which case, wouldn't they believe anyway? I have no problem with atheism, as long as they are not criticizing me in an overt way or converting me, but I wonder sometimes.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:06 am

lol im a strange when then. i cant bring my self to worship any dieties, like none of htem have felt right/never felt a calling to them. so i get annoying questions stuck in my head about that. but i do beleive in reiki and the other energy manipulation paths. dont know, more of a spiritualist/mystic than anything else i guess

that message board i had possted a link to before, Infidel Guy, is strange, there are extreme atheists, moderate atheists and theists. sound like a religion to any one yet? im that strange guy in teh corner that is contradicting him self half the time and the other half appearing extremely incoherent, kind of what i do here

i really dont understand atheists though, well the die hard ones at least, if they are so certain, why do the feel the urge to free others from what they dislike? sounds more like a religion. dont know this is all confusing
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:42 am

Thing is, I don't think this "rudi" (think we'll call him that now any way, and regardless. :-D), IS an athiest.

He has been asked on many occassion to invetigate "Miraculous happenings" in churches etc, ie christian ones, and he refuses.

He also refuses to answer as to why he refuses.

Why? Because his sponsors would not like their cosy little money spinners blasted to bits by "scientific research"?

Never a wise thing to do, investigate the boss.

Midori
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Midori » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:04 am

The guy whose name you are after is James Randi. He makes a living out of ridiculing spiritual practices, and I believe he is a stage magician.

BB midori
May your gods stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:29 am

Midori wrote:The guy whose name you are after is James Randi. He makes a living out of ridiculing spiritual practices, and I believe he is a stage magician.
Wow, he just won hypocrit of the month award. Big Time

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:47 am

THATS the one. Thank you Midori.

Kelreth, you are bang on target. :-D

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:35 am

I would rather call him a plagiarist......
Houdini did that trick before him :lol:
/|\

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:03 pm

I WAS going to ask which trick. But I guess all of them. :-D

Shield_Wulf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shield_Wulf » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:15 pm

The reason way I'm not Christian is because, it just doesn't seem to work for me. I mean it has some good idea ya but so does communism, now I'm not try to say there the some but, just go with it. All these feels I get with spirit and all just feel right. I believe Jesus was a real person but I don't follow him. I also can't follow some that says to kill some because they don't follow the same thing you do, so on and so forth.
I am her to learn and am open to anything people have to say. For I know there are people that know more then I.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:50 pm

Ah, but Jesus himself never said that. His nutty followers came up with that idea later on.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Shield_Wulf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shield_Wulf » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:50 pm

I know, Jesus doesn't say it, but in the bible it does in a way.
I am her to learn and am open to anything people have to say. For I know there are people that know more then I.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:56 pm

Yeah, but it's all second hand. Jesus didn't want Christianity turned into a money making spectacle either, because he felt it cheapened the religion, but now look at all the people out there with those pins "What would Jesus Do?"...

I'll tell you what he'd do. He'd tell you that if you paid for that pin, it was a waste of cash, and then he'd tell you that if you need to have a pin remind you to be think about how to be a good person, you're obviously in need of more help than a simple pin can give you.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews