Wiccan sites forbidding spells

All things wiccan...
Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Wiccan sites forbidding spells

Post by Grumpy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:17 am

What's the deal with (primarily) Wiccan forums that absolutely and rabidly forbid the exchange of, requests for, or posting of spells? I just don't get the point. I've run into a number of them, and none of them happen to say WHY in the huge font-ed pages laying down the law. Are they afraid someone will spill initiated-tradition secrets or something?

Anybody know? Just curious...
"Obedezco pero no complo"

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:49 am

Would you give a toddler a loaded gun????
/|\

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:06 am

The thing is that you have a bunch of 12 year-old kids wanting to be the Hollywood Wiccans and they can get themselves in trouble.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:12 am

In trouble as in their parents find them?

OR in trouble as in they piss off a diety or energy and get uber backlash for rashing acting and not thinking of the consequences?
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Rockhopper
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:37 am

In trouble as in they are messing with forces they don't understand nor control and could possibly pay a hefty price over a very long and drawn time period.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:39 am

wouldnt that teach them a lesson though?
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:24 pm

It would teach them a lesson all right
but then again it's kinda hard to cast any spells when you're in the nutty house.

If they don't p*** off the powers that be then they blow themselves wide open and go crazy.

or they'd wind up like us :roll:
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:35 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:If they don't p*** off the powers that be then they blow themselves wide open and go crazy.

or they'd wind up like us :roll:
hmmm which one is worse.... :toothy7:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:47 pm

heh heh heh
GEE I don't know, Kelreth!!
Crazy Healer Lady

Chelle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chelle » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Well, they if they are kids, we don't want nothing bad happening. I know they should not mess with things they do not understand but some times it is just curiosity and not intentional harm to any one. :-)
Be what you are and not what other people want you to be!!! xxxx

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:43 am

what if we put on a disclaimer?

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:03 am

I say let them do it. If they think they can fling open the gates to hell and call forth some evil demon from the darkest pits to make themselves a new pet, I say let 'em. I have this theory, they'll only make that mistake once, and if they don't learn the first time, then they deserve what happens. I still remember my first spell mishap, I haven't done it again since. I'm not opposed to love spells, but one should be aware and prepared for the backlash, love is a very give and take creature. And so what if their actions cost them a couple miserable years and an ocean of tears, hardship builds character! :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:39 am

Im with u on that one Forgotten. Though I havent tried casting spells yet and dont know if I ever will

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:43 am

You have sites abound that give you these love spells, candle spells, stop bleeding spells (perfect for the little teen witch also trying to blend in with the new goth scene), etc etc etc.

I agree that the potent stuff should not be put out there. If one is really serious, they'll pick up a book, maybe make their own spells.

I don't agree that we should give them the material and let them figure out for themselves that they should not use it.
Would a pyrotechnic give a child gunpowder, a fuse, and a match, and tell him that "here are the instructions, but don't put it together"???

It is frusterating that those of us who already know the ethics and basics of spellworking and are looking to expand our knowledge, but I'm in favour of it.
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:29 am

Artemisblessed wrote:what if we put on a disclaimer?
Doesn't always cover you. And with this kinda stuff, who knows. :dontknow:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~