Jesus may have had kids?

This area is for the INTELLIGENT discussion of all other religions, be it Christianity, Buddhist, Hindu, Native American, or anything else!
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:47 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: And some little "I'm a rebel because I'm Pagan," reminds me of all these people spouting Anarchist S*** because they are going through puberty and conforming to the stereotype of rebel teens. GAH!
THATS an example of what I was talking about some months back. 16 year old wannabees getting the rest of us a bad name. Because you can bet your bottom dollar, any news teams doing "Satanism reports" will be drawn like a damn magnet to that sort of expertise on the subject. Which is EXACTLY how he/she is put over on the film.

As to "rebel teens", that is the reaction I get from a lot of people even now, at 45, when I tell them what I am. Kind of "Oh you'll grow out of it" attitude.

If they are English speakers I normaly answer in my best lousiana swamp accent "Ahh betchya just think that bout niggerrrs too dontchya boy?"

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:56 am

wannabe teenagers in my eyes are giving us a bad name, I was asked the other day by a customer in the shop I work at if I was a real or a fake witch, i was like what and he said are you real or are you one of thoughs wannabes who are running around thinking they are the charmed sisters, it shocked me yeah it was nice to be asked but come on I was at work, I just stood there and said well actually I have been one since I was 14 so I am a real one. the poor love thought he had offended me by asking and said please don't bind me, he new a little of what we do but not too much but lets just say he hasn't been in the shop for a while.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:55 pm

well at least he didnt through a flaming cross and some holy water at you. I dont understand wannabes, though i am a uber-noob at this stuff still, why fake something just for a reaction?
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:02 am

"Kelreth, why fake something just for a reaction?"

I know that people do, those that think of standing for "govener", or whatever, for example.

But it is one of the safety blankets the christians use to try and convince themselves that their "church" hasn't been lying to them for 1500 years, by telling them "Heathens are no more".

So, by imagining that every person in the world that sais they are Heathen/Pagan, whatever, do not know what they are on about, and are only doing it to create a fuss, kind of adds salve to the wound.

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:57 am

true
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:32 am

kids seem to think it's cool to be a witch they have no idea what they are messing about with, I worked at a school as a dinner lady for a while and you would hear them going on about the spell they cast the other night and how they got it from a book and some making Ouija boards and trying to contact the dead, they have no idea what they are doing and what could happen after wards but if i tried to talk to them they didn't want to listen to me like i new nothing and they new it all.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:58 am

:roll: I remember going through that. I was reading all about witchcraft, watching The Craft, but never actually doing any spells. My sister was someone who was did spells on others, dyed her hair black, glared at everyone, etc. And then my friends went through that "stage" a few years after me, and I gave them my old copied out books.

I'm not ashamed of it, though. I practiced with honour and morality, and it led me to where I am now. I would have listened to someone like you, though, since those books and movies were cr** as clear as day.

Wow. That was so long ago!! It never really felt right, as Wiccanism isn't right for me, but it sure put me on my path!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:10 pm

I didn't have a go i tried to explain to them that they should be careful and to watch what they are messing with, but i was told to go stand under a house all i could do is stand there and say well i tried

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:23 am

Its a fine line to draw.

You want to make sure they do it properly, but just to say "You don't know what your messing with" is SO christian.

The amount of times I have had that from people I have told, (and I tell every one) "You want to be carefull you don't know what your messing with". #-o

I have insisted on showing a few that they "don't know WHO theyre messing with". Really funny to see their faces after half an hour in the smoke hut. :lol: :lol:

With these pesky teenagers, I normaly just do the "listen pal I have been doing that for years, if you want to know how to do it properly, I'll show you. Up till then don't pretend to know more than what could be written on the back of a postge stamp". It is important to do this in front of as many of their friends as possible.:-D

I wonder if jesus' kids dyed their hair black, and played ouja board in their bedrooms between episodes of "Sponge bob"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:27 am

Ragnar wrote:I wonder if jesus' kids dyed their hair black, and played
ouja board in their bedrooms between episodes of "Sponge bob"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And if so, did the paparazi get some photos while hiding in the bushes outside? I really wanna see that!! :lol: :-D :lol:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:36 am

I tried that line about showing them and they still told me I new nothing, but teenagers they do think they know everything, I still remember what I was like, I had a teacher when I started my path through Wicca/ paganism what ever you want to call it. One teenage girl called Karla actually asked me o show her what to do and I still am, I feel like Yoda from star wars teaching the young Jedi, I know have four teenage girls who want me to start them off on their path as they call it.

If Jesus did have kids it wouldn't of surprised me if they turned against religion all together after seeing what happened to their dad. And if he did have kids and if you believe what the bible says about water into wine and walking on water, my question is would they of been able to do it as well.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:34 pm

but teenagers they do think they know everything
Only the ones that stand out, these being the minority who are popular or those who want to BE popular. I'm not too long out of teenage-hood, and I was never one of those who thought they knew everything, and neither were any of my friends. I think that the teen population is grossly misrepresented by these dumb ****s and this is all therapists, teachers, parents, and elderly take them for. I had to face a lot of people who thought immediately that I was going to be a know-it-all or a goth because I wore dark clothes and was not social. Then they saw me reading Ode to a Nightingale or Homer or a biology textbook and labelled me as a geek or a loner, or the depressed "deep" kid. Then they saw my artwork and shut their traps. I'm still not sure why. Maybe it gained some sort of respect from my superiors and peers.

If I had the opportunity for a teacher when I was learning, I would have taken it and held it dear, and respected the wisdom of their teachings. I respected all people for the knowledge they had to share, and so did my friends.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3

Post by auramoonsongs » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:00 pm

I must of worked at the school with all the know it all's in it. I'm only 25 and still remember what it was like to be a teenager and I thought I new everything and wouldn't listen to anyone but myself, in my mind no one new what was going on and the adults new nothing. I know not all teenagers are like that but it does seem that more and more of them are turning out that way.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:40 pm

Really?

That would be incredibly frusterating, being surrounded by people like that all day.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:27 pm

being a teenager still (ish). ya while it may seem that they are miss represented its not entierly false. i hate cliks, fricking messed up my youth and now they pay for it :) Being labelled sucks messes things up